Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

I know I'm alone in this, but I thought Wells 2 was too much of a dick. Like I get that he has beef with Jay, but why the gently caress was he so angry towards this complete group of strangers that haven't done poo poo to him? Especially when he's going to them for help with a problem he created.

Wells 2 ain't got no time for bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How did earth2 Wells know who Barry was and that he was The Flash? Just from creeping around on earth1 Star Labs?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Valeyard posted:

How did earth2 Wells know who Barry was and that he was The Flash

The guy teleported into the heart of STAR Labs. He presumably had access to pretty much all the internal systems and was able to easily deduce Barry's identity.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Valeyard posted:

How did earth2 Wells know who Barry was and that he was The Flash

When he stepped through the portal he was in Star Labs, would be pretty easy to figure the rest out while wondering the halls at night, alone.

Wells 2 definitely knows way more than he's letting though.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

BrianWilly posted:

I like how Iris was able to stop Dr. Light by shooting her with a gun while Barry had to get peptalked into some Goku-style chicanery.

Hey maybe Barry should just carry a gun.

didn't Crisco make the Black Canary's voice thing for Laurel on the Arrow? Barry's Flash suit has built in heater for Captain Cold but not a built in voice mod thingy that could knock people out with a loud scream? Seems like Crisco could just sup the Flash suit into some Iron Man armor if he really wanted. STAR Labs seems to supply Team Arrow with 3d printed suits of kevlar, special arrows, and computer systems but Flash has to slove all his problems by running fast. Take a judo class Barry or at least a Bobby Hill women's defense class

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

JT Smiley posted:

I know I'm alone in this, but I thought Wells 2 was too much of a dick. Like I get that he has beef with Jay, but why the gently caress was he so angry towards this complete group of strangers that haven't done poo poo to him? Especially when he's going to them for help with a problem he created.

His daughter is being held captive by an insanely powerful speedster who could murder her at any second?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

The guy teleported into the heart of STAR Labs. He presumably had access to pretty much all the internal systems and was able to easily deduce Barry's identity.

MacheteZombie posted:

When he stepped through the portal he was in Star Labs, would be pretty easy to figure the rest out while wondering the halls at night, alone.

But he said he specifically came through to see "The Flash" referring to Barry, so he already knew

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

MacheteZombie posted:

After extensive research studying each Flash actor's body build and eye color I have come to the conclusion Zoom is in fact,
Not Eddie because Rick Cosnett has blue eyes. :ms:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Valeyard posted:

But he said he specifically came through to see "The Flash" referring to Barry, so he already knew

I'm guessing he assumed E1 had a Flash, and knew Zoom would be after him since he hunted, and Wells 2 assumed he killed, Flash2.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Valeyard posted:

He said that, but that doesn't mean he knew who The Flash was or that it was Barry in advance.

It probably turned out to be simply a coincidence, since the STAR Labs worm hole in Earth 2 is linked to its counterpart in Earth 1.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's been creepin and peepin for a few weeks now, he's had time to figure stuff out.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Jay Garrick figured it out with good old investigation work

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm guessing he assumed E1 had a Flash, and knew Zoom would be after him since he hunted, and Wells 2 assumed he killed, Flash2.

enraged_camel posted:

He said that, but that doesn't mean he knew who The Flash was or that it was Barry in advance.

It probably turned out to be simply a coincidence, since the STAR Labs worm hole in Earth 2 is linked to its counterpart in Earth 1.

OK that's fair, so he assumed they had A Flash but didn't know who it was until he turned up at STAR Labs

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, he didn't immediately go to meet The Flash. He arrived in STAR Labs, left there, broke into Mercury Labs to steal the magic gun, then started hunting metahumans using his wrist app and eventually found Barry getting owned by King Shark.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I will say, it was odd that he knew Cisco's powers would work if he touched the helmet without knowing what Cisco's power was at that point, unless Cisco gets powers in all universes and that's what allows his vibe power to function.

Edit: Is the Vibe ever a villain?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

I will say, it was odd that he knew Cisco's powers would work if he touched the helmet without knowing what Cisco's power was at that point, unless Cisco gets powers in all universes and that's what allows his vibe power to function.

Maybe he remembered Cisco telling him that he got his powers when Reverse Flash stuck his hand through his heart and took a stab at his chest with the helmet

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Valeyard posted:

Maybe he remembered Cisco telling him that he got his powers when Reverse Flash stuck his hand through his heart and took a stab at his chest with the helmet

I like this. He wasn't trying to get Cisco to touch the helmet, but was actually stabbing him with it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Edit: Is the Vibe ever a villain?

Vibe has always been a good guy.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Either they're trying to mislead us with certain hints (knowing about speed mirages, taking his glasses off when Barry speaks about RF, knowing how Cisco's powers work) or Wells is Eobard Thawne of E2. I wouldn't be that against it so long as they create a firm distinction between the two versions and I feel like they've done that.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

mikeraskol posted:

His daughter is being held captive by an insanely powerful speedster who could murder her at any second?

And being an rear end in a top hat to the only people that can do anything about it helps doesn't help his cause.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

JT Smiley posted:

And being an rear end in a top hat to the only people that can do anything about it helps doesn't help his cause.

No, but he's an rear end in a top hat.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

XboxPants posted:

No, but he's an rear end in a top hat.

He's a diiIIiick!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Valeyard posted:

OK that's fair, so he assumed they had A Flash but didn't know who it was until he turned up at STAR Labs

I thought the stinger made it pretty obvious that Wells2 had very clear motivations for going to Earth-1.

Zoom kidnaps his daughter, says to him: Go get the flash from earth-1 and get him to fight me so i can steal his speed... OR ELSE YOUR DAUGHTER GETS VIBROHANDED!

Wells2 is a genius and figures out how to cross over to Earth-1, then concocts a plan to earn Flash's trust and lure him into Zoom's trap.

Wells2 doesn't give two shits about anyone on Earth-1, he is just trying to save his daughter.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Have they said whether there would be more crossover from Earth 2 because getting the original Green Lantern would be kind of awesome.

If they bring Alan Scott over they really need to eschew this "muted tones on dark leather" stuff and go full-on fire engine red pirate shirt, kelly green pants, purple domino mask and Count Dracula cape with green liner; just standing there in the lab looking like some kind of crimefighting lion tamer, resplendent in his glorious Golden Age audacity. That guy knew how to make an impression.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Up until those pictures were posted, I thought maybe it wasn't a suit at all. It looked organic.

Now it looks like it's melted or fused onto him, which is hosed up all on its own.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 6, 2015

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

loving posts how do they work

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

Not Eddie because Rick Cosnett has blue eyes. :ms:

And the voice of a goddamned angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac3a49-sj3A

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

McSpanky posted:

loving posts how do they work

Your posts are a miracle

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want an episode where captain cold keeps freezing everything and Barry can't get enough traction to run and catch him and keeps slipping, so someone has to teach him to ice skate, and he gets a special arctic blue Flash suit with pop out blades.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Small thing I noticed on rewatching: I wonder if they're going to do anything with that crystal Shayera Kendra wears around her neck and keeps noticeably touching. Like a source of nth metal or something.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

lotus circle posted:

Either they're trying to mislead us with certain hints (knowing about speed mirages, taking his glasses off when Barry speaks about RF, knowing how Cisco's powers work) or Wells is Eobard Thawne of E2. I wouldn't be that against it so long as they create a firm distinction between the two versions and I feel like they've done that.

If they're going the route of "Wells2 had good intentions creating/mentoring/training a speedster to do good, but then that speedster went bad/nuts," then it makes sense that he would know speedster stuff without being Eobard2 or a speedster himself.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

greatn posted:

I want an episode where captain cold keeps freezing everything and Barry can't get enough traction to run and catch him and keeps slipping, so someone has to teach him to ice skate, and he gets a special arctic blue Flash suit with pop out blades.

The friction alone from Barry running would melt the ice so as always the obvious solution is RUN, BARRY... RUN!!!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Now I"m sad Eddie won't be there for the musical episode. :smith:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm gonna sound like a total shipper when I say this, but I'll be loving pissed if the writers gently caress up Barry & Patty. They have the second best chemistry after Barry & Joe, and Patty is a genuinely awesome character.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
^ Exactly how I feel. They have some really great chemistry!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
... ~somehow felicity is written in as a 3-way love triangle~

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

SilentChaz posted:

Now I"m sad Eddie won't be there for the musical episode. :smith:

Wait. Is this really a thing?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Sexual Healing

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

greatn posted:

Of you go around asking waitresses, cashiers, receptionists, or baristas for their digits while they are doing their job and not allowed to leave you are a grade A creep.

Because saying yes or leaving are the only possible responses when somebody asks you out, and god knows the customer is always right. Seriously, I don't know what the rest of you goons' problem with this is.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's a hope. However, given just how much of the cast comes has a musical background, and the shows overall silly tone, it is not completely impossible.

Till then there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UD10_aJTT0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's something we all wish for in our hearts.

• Locked thread