Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nintendo Kid posted:

To the first, I don't do that. To the second, because saying anything reality based about bernie sanders leads to total meltdowns like you just did. Consult a therapist.
"total meltdown"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nintendo Kid posted:

To the first, I don't do that. To the second, because saying anything reality based about bernie sanders leads to total meltdowns like you just did. Consult a therapist.

I'm not the one who is extremely passionate about a candidate who I think has no chance, that's you.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MaxxBot posted:

I'm not the one who is extremely passionate about a candidate who I think has no chance, that's you.

Fishmech has passion?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

computer parts posted:

Fishmech has passion?

Pedantry can be a passion.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Fuligin posted:

What is the evidence for the Bernie not understanding/caring about race in America stuff? I'm actually quite curious, since on that front I'm only aware of him ceding the floor to the BLM activists and talking about race on the stump. Is there some ugly stuff in his record? Or is it just "dude from Vermont can't care about black people."

Bernie for a long time saw racial issues as part of the larger economic injustice issue. Recently though, thanks in parts to people like Symone Sanders (who is his top racial justice adviser), he has come to understand that racial justice is it's own separate issue and must be addressed on it's own terms.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

This is a perfectly valid point but for example I hate Bobby Jindal but I don't go out of my way to track down his 5 supporters and ridicule them, because he has no chance of winning. Fishmech thinks Sanders has no chance of winning but deems it vitally important to trash his supporters at every possible opportunity because he's an annoying troll.

Have you considered that melting down every time something less than positive is said about Bernie Sanders means you deserve to be trolled?

MaxxBot posted:

I don't see what my love of Lincoln Chafee has to do with anything?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Ive been here a few years, and I have to ask. What is with the Stairs in your house thing? Is it related to Grover House?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

humpty dumpty falls from the main debate to the kiddy pool per a leaked fox memo per tons of twitter people

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

winterwerefox posted:

Ive been here a few years, and I have to ask. What is with the Stairs in your house thing? Is it related to Grover House?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=58

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

What is the evidence for the Bernie not understanding/caring about race in America stuff? I'm actually quite curious, since on that front I'm only aware of him ceding the floor to the BLM activists and talking about race on the stump. Is there some ugly stuff in his record? Or is it just "dude from Vermont can't care about black people."

He's got the same issues that any old white politician would have, which is that he's a out of touch with the personal realities of modern racism, but he's making strides to correct that in a bunch of different ways, and is still way better about it than anyone else in the field. Additionally, he polls reaaaally low with people who aren't white liberal dudes, which is an issue of messaging

It's used as an attack because it will invariably send most sanders supporters into a conniption fit, and if you bring up his low polls with non-white non-dudes, you might get lucky and have one of the dudes who jumped ship from ron paul say something to the effect of "black people aren't voting for sanders because they don't know what's good for them". All of which is kind of a result of sanders disorganized ground game that can't really get everyone behind a single, good message that accurately represents his politics.

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011

MaxxBot posted:

If you really believe that Bernie has no chance (which I basically agree with) what is your motivation to continue the idiotic "Bernie is racist" meme or your constant attacks on Bernie supporters? Why do you even care? Why are Bernie supporters more worthy of engagement than say O'Malley or Lessig supporters? It seems to me that the only answer is that you enjoy making people angry.

Also tbf fishmech was responding to the post that said, paraphrasing "everyone is saying that bernie is racist youre only attacking sanders on the basis that he's a filthy racist dont you" which is a tiny bit delusional.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Nintendo Kid posted:

Have you considered that melting down every time something less than positive is said about Bernie Sanders means you deserve to be trolled?
"u mad?" - Nintendo Kid, 2015

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

winterwerefox posted:

It comes from an old icq prank

http://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

MaxxBot posted:

If you really believe that Bernie has no chance (which I basically agree with) what is your motivation to continue the idiotic "Bernie is racist" meme or your constant attacks on Bernie supporters? Why do you even care? Why are Bernie supporters more worthy of engagement than say O'Malley or Lessig supporters? It seems to me that the only answer is that you enjoy making people angry.

Probably because it's funny to watch the loony left form their own version of the GOOGLE RON PAUL phenomena, complete with poll skewing.

theblackw0lf posted:

Bernie for a long time saw racial issues as part of the larger economic injustice issue. Recently though, thanks in parts to people like Symone Sanders (who is his top racial justice adviser), he has come to understand that racial justice is it's own separate issue and must be addressed on it's own terms.

Actually they are intersecting issues and must be dealt with simultaneously, not separately.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

theblackw0lf posted:

He also has the issue with saying some really stupid poo poo in the past like when Freddie Gray(i may be thinking of the wrong murdered black teen here) got killed in Ferguson he went on the news and said the problem was lack of job opportunities and college. But he really has done a complete 180 on that stuff.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Fishmech's schtick is to say something patently false or outrageous and then berate you for calling him out on his ridiculous statement and make further ridiculous statements. He'll pepper in occasionally cogent points so as not to be probated for trolling. Which is what he's doing.

Also if you open up a Merriam-Webster's leather bound, 8th edition and flip to the entry for "Argument in bad faith" you'll find a picture of his avatar printed in black and white.

Boon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 6, 2015

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nintendo Kid posted:

No one obsesses over candidates that they legitimately think have no chance of winning. You like bashing Bernie supporters because you get off on being an annoying, pedantic troll. If you really thought he had no chance you'd just ignore him like I ignore all of the candidates I think have no chance.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

tsa posted:

Probably because it's funny to watch the loony left form their own version of the GOOGLE RON PAUL phenomena, complete with poll skewing.

Yeah but the thing is the Sanderistas here aren't really doing that. They just get mad at people kicking him while he's down for not much rain based on falsehoods or half truths.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I want to like O'Malley, I felt he was a decent enough Governor, but I know he has no chance while Clinton and Sanders are viable. But one can't really talk about him around here, the rain tax debacle and all that get brought up whenever you do.

Granted, environmental conservation is one of my main issues, and I understood the need for such a tax. But you can't really talk to people about 'abstract' things like that.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

winterwerefox posted:

I just realized this place has been around long enough that this has become an obscure joke on the very forum that made it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

No one obsesses over candidates that they legitimately think have no chance of winning. You like bashing Bernie supporters because you get off on being an annoying, pedantic troll. If you really thought he had no chance you'd just ignore him like I ignore all of the candidates I think have no chance.

I strictly obsess over Lincoln Chafee. I make fun of whiny little Bernouts like you, but that's no reflection on Bernie Sanders, who is a good man and a friend of my family.

greatn posted:

Yeah but the thing is the Sanderistas here aren't really doing that. They just get mad at people kicking him while he's down for not much rain based on falsehoods or half truths.

Nobody's kicking Sanders, they're kicking people like you. Stop pretending you're Bernie Sanders.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People on this forum are weirdly obssed with Bernie. At least people who are supportive obsessive make sense and are only a handful. The haters are just weird and seem to far outnumber the supporters.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
I'd settle for a presidential Triumvirate.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Sorus posted:

I too long for bloody civil war.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nintendo Kid posted:

I strictly obsess over Lincoln Chafee. I make fun of whiny little Bernouts like you, but that's no reflection on Bernie Sanders, who is a good man and a friend of my family.

Suure Sanders is a good man, you just hate everyone who supports him or ever says anything vaguely positive about him :rolleyes:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sorus posted:

You can't spell Triumph without Trump

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

Suure Sanders is a good man, you just hate everyone who supports him or ever says anything vaguely positive about him :rolleyes:

No, I make fun of people like you who constantly freak out because some dared not praise Bernie Sanders. Like what you're doing right now, acting like a friggin' martyr.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

tsa posted:

Actually they are intersecting issues and must be dealt with simultaneously, not separately.

Both are true. Yes in some areas they intersect. But there are aspects of racial injustice that go beyond economic matters.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I too long for bloody civil war.

Would the wealthy be proscribed?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Somebody needs to apply some ben-gay to the thread, we're feeling the burn and its getting a bit uncomfortable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Republican Super PAC uncovers the hidden truth that a man running as a Democrat is, in fact, a Democrat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VRvcBVjm0

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, I make fun of people like you who constantly freak out because some dared not praise Bernie Sanders. Like what you're doing right now, acting like a friggin' martyr.

You've never showed anything other than outright hostility towards Bernie supporters and any enthusiasm they have about their candidate. Again, why do you care about this so much if you think he has no chance of winning?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

euphronius posted:

Would the wealthy be proscribed?

And the eventual winner will build us infrastructure blinged up with their name and likeness. It's win-win!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

You've never showed anything other than outright hostility towards Bernie supporters and any enthusiasm they have about their candidate. Again, why do you care about this so much if you think he has no chance of winning?

Yes I have, I've done it plenty. poo poo I drove some Bernie supporters up to New Hampshire from Boston back in September (we all went to the NH Democratic Convention together to see the candidates minus Webb speak). Funnily enough, they didn't have the habit of shrieking whenever Bernie was rationally discussed the way, say, you do. That probably has some relation with why I'm making fun of you.

But of course, you're interested in running to the "persecution" stage of the Ron Paul Fan playbook ahead of schedule (in 2008 and 2012 they waited til after Iowa typically) so hey, I guess you're just tryin' to have a head start.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

MaxxBot posted:

Maybe it's funny seeing Bernie supporters get all worked up when people dare say they don't like him as a candidate? Well it was now it's almost as tiring as gun loonies when anyone mentions gun control.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

DemeaninDemon posted:

Maybe it's funny seeing Bernie supporters get all worked up when people dare say they don't like him as a candidate? Well it was now it's almost as tiring as gun loonies when anyone mentions gun control.

The only real solution is more Bernie.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Abel Wingnut posted:

humpty dumpty falls from the main debate to the kiddy pool per a leaked fox memo per tons of twitter people

I hope he was in an Amtrak quiet car when he got the news.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The funny thing is I'm a Hillary voter who supports Bernie.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nintendo Kid posted:

Yes I have, I've done it plenty. poo poo I drove some Bernie supporters up to New Hampshire from Boston back in September (we all went to the NH Democratic Convention together to see the candidates minus Webb speak). Funnily enough, they didn't have the habit of shrieking whenever Bernie was rationally discussed the way, say, you do. That probably has some relation with why I'm making fun of you.

But of course, you're interested in running to the "persecution" stage of the Ron Paul Fan playbook ahead of schedule (in 2008 and 2012 they waited til after Iowa typically) so hey, I guess you're just tryin' to have a head start.

As I stated before I don't even think he has a chance of winning, I don't care what happens to his campaign at this point. I'm just sick of the fact that it's impossible to even discuss his candidacy anywhere on these forums without you jumping in with smug, idiotic insults at every possible chance. It's pretty loving clear that rational discussion of the candidates is the last thing that you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MaxxBot posted:

As I stated before I don't even think he has a chance of winning, I don't care what happens to his campaign at this point. I'm just sick of the fact that it's impossible to even discuss his candidacy anywhere on these forums without you jumping in with smug, idiotic insults at every possible chance. It's pretty loving clear that rational discussion of the candidates is the last thing that you want.

It's interesting that you've come up with this whole delusional scenario where I have omnipresent control of All Bernie Discussions, and further that you think I'm always insulting people over it. Because none of what you posted just now is true.

• Locked thread