Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

And here we go with the graphics bitching again. You do realise that Fallout 4 offers a unique gameplay that doesn't exist anywhere else, right? Not to mention it's the first game in gaming history to have 100% sandbox weapon modding. Even Fallen Earth doesn't have as detailed gun crafting as this, and the Borderlands games don't even let you make your own weapons. Heck Codsworth even mentions you by name - have you ever played any game at all that offers that? This graphics bitching is so full of poo poo. Who cares about graphics when were talking about RPGs? And good luck running fallout 4 on your computer if it indeed had the top graphics available. 16Gb RAM? Try 600. You have no idea what's going on under the hood of these games.

This stream's chat is cool and fun unlike the new AAA award-winning RPG title by Bethesda, Fallout 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Constant Hamprince posted:

You guys can argue all you, but I don't think you can really compare Witcher III to Fallout 4. I mean, the Witcher just blows Fallout out of the water when it comes to number of Polish voice actors.

and prostitutes
and map emptiness

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Al! posted:

he seems to be currently trying to figure out that a door usually goes into a door shaped hole in the wall

Wonder if there's a way to snap poo poo into place. I wasnt seeing it, would suck to have to manually align everything.

EDIT: NM he's snappin'. Maybe its only to other player-placed objects, since he kinda is hijacking someone else's house while they lie dead on the floor.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 6, 2015

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is actually really loving cool

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't seen a crash yet. This can't be fallout.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dandywalken posted:

Wonder if there's a way to snap poo poo into place. I wasnt seeing it, would suck to have to manually align everything.

it looks like the walls are snapping to eachoter at least. wouldn't put it past them to not figure out that people would want doors to snap too.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Grapplejack posted:

This is actually really loving cool

I'm really looking forward to the settlement stuff

also watching 4chan yell at a guy about interior decoration sure is something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so this is where all their vo and writing budget went

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
This dude is the worst interior decorator

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Anyone else paying the full, recommended retailer's price, of 59.99 United States Dollars for this Video Game on release, and then proceeding to enjoy playing it?

Me probably. Going to take a week of leave, sit in my own filth, and make a space marine.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You can pick up whole structures without having to do anything additional :eyepop:

Generation Internet posted:

I'm really looking forward to the settlement stuff

also watching 4chan yell at a guy about interior decoration sure is something

He is putting walls inside of a loving barn instead of making a house, he wouldn't know interior design if it slammed through his front door and kicked his rear end

e : "don't wanna say my age, but ahm in muh mid twenties"

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

can we make an irc channel already to talk poo poo in real time? i mean, it *is* 2015 after all............................

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's the feng shui you know. Is he legit INT 1 or playing the long con of "I trolled you all for the entire game, ha ha" ?

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
Fallout 4 looks exactly like Fallout 3, basically they have never played or cared about the original games. This is Elder Scrolls with guns again.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Pooperscooper posted:

Fallout 4 looks exactly like Fallout 3, basically they have never played or cared about the original games. This is Elder Scrolls with guns again.

Ah the old 'Oblivion with guns'. I have not felt its presence in a long time.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Well anything goes, I guess

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The radstag is kind of lazy.

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
I can just picture this loving streamer rear end in a top hat, at least halfway because I know he made his John Fallout look like him. He has long greasy hair, he's participated in several "re-enactments" from civil war, to world war 2, he's larped. He has a goatee. He's unemployed. He's slow. Like mentally. He drives his parents' car real slow. He's high when he does.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

plape tickler posted:

I haven't seen a crash yet. This can't be fallout.

He's said before it has crashed a couple times.

EDIT: /\ No, he's Tommy Wiseau. The ACTUAL Tommy Wiseau

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
So he claims to not be a reviewer, which still leaves the question how the hell he managed to get his hands on an unlocked PC version of the game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Stingly posted:

I can just picture this loving streamer rear end in a top hat, at least halfway because I know he made his John Fallout look like him. He has long greasy hair, he's participated in several "re-enactments" from civil war, to world war 2, he's larped. He has a goatee. He's unemployed. He's slow. Like mentally. He drives his parents' car real slow. He's high when he does.

You can turn your monitor on by pressing the power button on the front, or on the back.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
/\/\ lol you are soooo proud of yourself for that one aren't you

Pooperscooper posted:

Well if the game looks like it's from 2004 I guess the arguments against it should come from the same era.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ymgve posted:

So he claims to not be a reviewer, which still leaves the question how the hell he managed to get his hands on an unlocked PC version of the game.

Yeah, I wonder if we'll ever know :shrug:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Is he trying to place the chairs in the barn with his beloved pipe pistol?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ymgve posted:

Its todd howard

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Pooperscooper posted:

Did they ruin the lore as well?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ymgve posted:

Wait, is this steamworks only?

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I've been enjoying playing Fallout 4 a lot, and not watching the streamer because of it. Did he at least pick up the Perception bobblehead in the museum with the Minutemen?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Predicting it now: Halfway through the Brotherhood initiation quest line, it turns out they're all werewolves.

Grapplejack posted:

Yes, Steamworks only. And I assume reviewers also play it through Steam.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah, I wonder if we'll ever know :shrug:

he's using his dad's review copy. this has happened before.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

As far as we know. Maybe not in all regions?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Here's an alternate stream if anyone wants to see Valentine

It seems he found a bug already in a mission tho

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Al Nipper posted:

this is actually hilarious if it's ever happened

literal nintendo uncle

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
"You're not the military type" - said to John Fallout Main Character, who is literally a decorated soldier from the pre-nuke war

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

Maxwellsdemon posted:

Stop watching a stream that you hate go do something else please.

I like how everyone ignored this

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Al Nipper posted:

I hope he gets grounded!

ymgve posted:

"You're not the military type" - said to John Fallout Main Character, who is literally a decorated soldier from the pre-nuke war

Also, very true wtf. These Bethesda writers... I'm starting to think they dont do their job very well compared to some of their peers in the industry.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 6, 2015

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

frajaq posted:

Here's an alternate stream if anyone wants to see Valentine

It seems he found a bug already in a mission tho

Chrome tells me not to go their because the bad people on the internet will hurt me and make me see ads and install browser toolbars.

:smith:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

echronorian posted:

Its todd howard

Laughed way harder than I should have. I hope it's loving Todd.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Generation Internet posted:

this is actually hilarious if it's ever happened

literal nintendo uncle

kid reveals xbox one

http://www.winbeta.org/news/xbox-one-unboxing-video-leaked-microsoft-not-too-happy-about-it-video

can't find the followup but I'm pretty sure it ended up being a microsoft employee's kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Dandywalken posted:

Also, very true wtf. These Bethesda writers... I'm starting to think they dont do their job very well compared to some of their peers in the industry.

It's very obvious different sections had different writers and there were some collaboration issues.

I call it Ubisoft Syndrome.

• Locked thread