Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Awesome, we got a new spin on an old classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
^^^^
That was the perfect expression for that situation.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Say Nothing posted:

Luffy's going to get pretty chewed up in this arc.

I'm afraid he already has. :haw:

Also, I sincerely doubt Sanji's dead. I don't know why Oda's going for the double fake-out here.

I'm betting Sanji got captured and is en route to being turned in for the bounty alive. I wonder if this will be the first time we get to see a bounty actually claimed on-screen and what the aftermath will be.

And I'm also betting the doujin artists are feverishly drawing up dog-Nami-lady as we speak. :hawaaaafap:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 6, 2015

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope
Speculations on Sanji I getting the feeling he might have been turned into a Minkmen or Animal. Since one of Kaido's mern was here I feel like somehow the island related to the secrets of smiles or devil fruits with animal transformations. Sanji may have stumbled on what causes such transformations accidentally. If he is transformed, I also feel like he may not be recognized by someone who knows whats going on with his changed wanted status as well.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Sanji is dead. You know it's for real because we didn't see it happen in real time. Characters can only die in flashbacks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Nah I doubt there's any devil fruit hijinks, I think it's just an island full of animals.

The one mystery surounding the strawhats for the last 3 years is the significance of momonosuke. I bet noone realizes momo is that dragon, and they captured sanji to make him reveal where momo is. Even the world government is after him based on the only alive thing. Maybe jack knew the samurai were headed for zou and attacked to capture momo himself?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Professor Wayne posted:

Sanji is dead. You know it's for real because we didn't see it happen in real time. Characters can only die in flashbacks.

hosed up if true

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm sure Sanji skywalked away with a giant bomb just as it was about to explode. Brook and Momonosuke are out looking for him, but since that left an inanimate skeleton and a dragon where a child used to be the minkmen think the rest of the crew is dead.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Mistaking brooke for a corpse is my favorite plot device.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Sanji had to tap into everything he learned on Okama island to fight off Kaido's goons. He now goes by Sanjina.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sanji's "corpse" is on the island, right? That's what Wanda was talking about before.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

ace

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
Nami couldn't save a single bro...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I actually wouldn't at all mind an arc that explored what would happen with the Straw Hats if they thought one of their own was gone.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

A nice kick in the nuts for finding his childhood dream.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Je suis fatigue posted:

Nami couldn't save a single bro...

She saved Chopper

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

not worth saving

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

frajaq posted:

not worth saving

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I'd actually prefer a more "mentally strenuous" arc than another punch-man escapade. The time is right for more philosophical plots to emerge.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*kicks in door*

I JUST HEARD SOMEONE DIS MY BOY CHOPPER

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Chopper is okay but I hope all other furries in the arc die
At least cp9 was part time

Maybe they can be part of the blood ritual to resurrect DEAD SANJI

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 6, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The dark side of the furries is strong this arc. At least it's not Furry Force.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I mean personally I think it's childish of me, it's just that the internet and somethingawful and furries and so on have kind of ruined...animal people for me in fiction. Not that you encounter them much outside of your childhood. I mean, aren't they supposed to have human forms? I guess I was thinking of the animal fruit people Kaido was making and these mink guys are something completely different...that don't ever have human forms??? It's been kind of hard for me to pay attention these last few chapters.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't really care about animal people and seeing you guys be all annoyed about furries has been really weird when there was an arc a few years ago with fishpeople of all shapes and sizes complete with the "males look interesting and diverse, women are basically all hot chicks with animal parts" thing

Kokoro is mai waifu

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AnonSpore posted:

I don't really care about animal people and seeing you guys be all annoyed about furries has been really weird when there was an arc a few years ago with fishpeople of all shapes and sizes complete with the "males look interesting and diverse, women are basically all hot chicks with animal parts" thing

Kokoro is mai waifu
Fish don't yiff bruh.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The one Fishwoman we've seen has a cool design, it's really just Mermaids but, y'know, Oda so who gives a poo poo?

I enjoyed TMNT, Darkwing Duck and Usagi Yojimbo too much in the past to just instantly dismiss animal people as awful furries instead of thinking they might be rad animal people, so whatever. I don't see a shirtless fox dude with a weird flat face wearing jeans and a puka shell necklace so it's all good so far.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

I actually wouldn't at all mind an arc that explored what would happen with the Straw Hats if they thought one of their own was gone.

It would be like that Justice League arc where they go to the alternate universe in which Flash is killed and they become fascist dictators.

Ussop would be the Batman of the group that betrays his crew in order to help our Straw Hats defeat the Straw Lords after realizing they've gone too far.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 7, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sanji's bounty poster says wanted alive, then he disappears.
Nah, not dead just captured.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AnonSpore posted:

Kokoro is mai waifu

this arc has been really good so far and this thread complains about a lot of poo poo that is never going to change

KoB
May 1, 2009

frajaq posted:

not worth saving

ummm, mods?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
G8 is good. I'm glad I decided to not skip it

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

frajaq posted:

not worth saving

you're on thin ice, pal

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

So I had a crazy theory that Sanji is Jack. I went back and looked and, in the only shot we have of Jack, he does not have curly eyebrows. So, theory: busted.

Buuut... Jack actually has NO eyebrow. So... theory: possible?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Jack D. Ripper

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
After re-reading Fishman Island recently, my wacky theory is Sanji and Big Mam/Big Mam's crew clashed while the Thousand Sunny traveled to Zou and that Big Mam's influence is why Sanji's bounty is Alive Only. Since Big Mam is all about sweets, Sanji could have gained the crew's safety with his cooking and now Big Mam wants him as one of her chefs, or something like that. I don't think current happenings in Zou are related to that though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like that theory because it'd be a prince in distress instead of a damsel

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

:yeah:

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What if Big Mam promised Sanji she'd take him to all blue and he believed her. I mean why wouldn't he?!? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He'd be abandoning his :h::h::h:Nami-chan:h::h::h: and :h::h::h:Robin-swan:h::h::h: for one thing. Sanji might be a dick to the guys, but he would never abandon the girls and is basically tsundere to the guys in that he would never abandon them either, but would certainly never admit it. Also Big Mam (Mom?) is ugly and he's kind of a superficial dick who forgets ugly women as soon as they're out of sight. She's also a terrible captain by the looks of things, and Sanji does put some value in camaraderie, so he'd no doubt be put out by the way she treats her underlings.