Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MaxxBot posted:

As I stated before I don't even think he has a chance of winning, I don't care what happens to his campaign at this point. I'm just sick of the fact that it's impossible to even discuss his candidacy anywhere on these forums without you jumping in with smug, idiotic insults at every possible chance. It's pretty loving clear that rational discussion of the candidates is the last thing that you want.

Stop being Fishmech'd, stop responding to him and stop quoting him so people who have taken the intelligent route of putting him on ignore still have to read his crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joementum posted:

Republican Super PAC uncovers the hidden truth that a man running as a Democrat is, in fact, a Democrat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VRvcBVjm0

The race is heating up, and I'll bet Vitter is NOT happy right now.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13896377-63/louisiana-gop-chair-calls-republican

After Jay Dardenne officially endorsed John Bel Edwards, LA GOP Chairman Roger Villere and Reince Priebus called Dardenne's endorsement "an act of betrayal". Villere even called Dardenne "the Nick Saban of Louisiana politics".

I also just saw that Scott Angelle supporters are throwing a fundraiser for.....John Bel Edwards. (http://blogs.theadvocate.com/politicsblog/2015/11/05/scott-angelle-supporters-plan-pro-john-bel-edwards-fundraiser/)

I can't believe everyone's turning against Vitter so fast. I mean, I can, but still. Listening to talk radio on the way home tonight, there were people evenly split between "Dardenne did what was right for Louisiana" and "Dardenne has always been a RINO/Obama will kill us all/Worst betrayal since Benedict Arnold".

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
I have this really controversial opinion that fishmech should chill BUT sandernistas should also chill :chloe:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gonna miss Lindsay Graham at the kids' table debate, but replacing him with Huckabee and Christie will certainly make it more entertaining.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

stefania_r posted:

I have this really controversial opinion that fishmech should chill BUT sandernistas should also chill :chloe:

They can't chill now, they're gonna bust out of Flensburg and turn this whole thing around any day now.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Fix posted:

Gonna miss Lindsay Graham at the kids' table debate, but replacing him with Huckabee and Christie will certainly make it more entertaining.
Sober Lindsey, maybe.

Half-drunk Lindsey, not a chance. Half-drunk Lindsey Graham is a national treasure and should be at every single Kiddie Table debate.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fade5 posted:

Half-drunk Lindsey Graham is a national treasure and should be at every single Kiddie Table debate.

Easy solution: hire Half-drunk Lindsey to moderate! :getin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

stefania_r posted:

Seriously Fishmech sucks but he would probably suck a lot less if statements of 'he probably has more to do to show a commitment to racial issues than add a page to his site' weren't constantly met with "HEH SECRET KKK MEMBER BERNIE SANDERS AM I RIGHT I BET YOU THINK HE LITERALLY PARTICIPATES IN LYNCHINGS TOO". The fragility of bernie's diehards is just kinda sad at a certain point.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Joementum posted:

Easy solution: hire Half-drunk Lindsey to moderate! :getin:

Every time he asks a question, he takes a shot.

It's one way to keep people interested through the whole thing!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

OAquinas posted:

Every time he asks a question, he takes a shot.

It's one way to keep people interested through the whole thing!

Every time someone successfully answers a question as intended, he gets to finish the bottle.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
This is from far earlier in the thread (pre-fishmech chat apparently), but re: Rand Paul on free college:

If free college is bad like heroin, then where does he stand on public primary and secondary education? Does he think those should be privatized as well? Is it an imperative to shut the poor out from even attaining a basic education? How is any of this sane or consistent with free primary/secondary education? How could anyone even argue against access to pre-tertiary education? :psyduck:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheRamblingSoul posted:

This is from far earlier in the thread (pre-fish mech chat apparently), but re: Rand Paul on free college:

If free college is bad like heroin, then where does he stand on public primary and secondary education? Does he think those should be privatized as well? Is it an imperative to shut the poor out from even attaining a basic education? How is any of this sane or consistent with free primary/secondary education? How could anyone even argue against access to pre-tertiary education? :psyduck:

Yes Rand Paul absolutely believes primary and secondary education should be privatized.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TheRamblingSoul posted:

This is from earlier in the thread, but re: Rand Paul on free college:

Yes, Rand Paul does believe that only people who can afford it should go to any school at all, and if you can't afford it then you deserve to work menial jobs for the rich. He is still a typical American libertarian on most issues after all.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

zoux posted:

Yes Rand Paul absolutely believes primary and secondary education should be privatized.

But, like... Wouldn't that just make our society even more dysfunctional if a sizable portion of the population literally do not learn basic literacy or math? Would we just go back to 1800s style politics where party machine bosses direct illiterates on how to vote?

God drat, libertarians really do look back on the Gilded Age as a water mark in American history, don't they?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Maybe it's funny seeing Bernie supporters get all worked up when people dare say they don't like him as a candidate? Well it was now it's almost as tiring as gun loonies when anyone mentions gun control.

The only thing stopping a bad guy voting Bernie Sanders is a good guy voting Bernie Sanders

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

TheRamblingSoul posted:

But, like... Wouldn't that just make our society even dysfunctional if a sizable portion of the population literally do not learn basic literacy or math? Would we just go back to 1800s style politics where party machine bosses direct illiterates on how to vote?

God drat, libertarians really do look back on the Gilded Age as a water mark in American history, don't they?

You got it! If you're not free to take advantage of the poor you're not free enough.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheRamblingSoul posted:

But, like... Wouldn't that just make our society even more dysfunctional if a sizable portion of the population literally do not learn basic literacy or math? Would we just go back to 1800s style politics where party machine bosses direct illiterates on how to vote?

The good faith answer is that they believe that a completely privatized education system would out perform any public system.

The bad faith answer is they don't care nor do they believe in society.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

zoux posted:

The good faith answer is that they believe that a completely privatized education system would out perform any public system.

The bad faith answer is they don't care nor do they believe in society.

Strangely (or not), the "good faith answer" seems to be actively pushed in Intro to Macroeconomics courses. Anecdotally speaking, there was part of my Macro course in college focused on line graphs between private and public education and the debate on whether to focus on private education versus public based on net outcomes.

Then again, libertarians seem to cull only the surface-level economics (ie the "heh :smug:" smug rear end in a top hat part of economics and economists) and form political opinions around that limited beep-boop Ayn Rand understanding.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Fix posted:

It's insanely bad news that this seems like a downgrade. "Without Lindsay Graham there is no connection to actual humans" is seriously terrible. One 90 year old picked Jindal because it was the last word into their withered hippocampus.

Lindsay Graham would look like a bad option against a glad force-flex bag of beaver-poo poo, but he's still better than Jindal.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 6, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
What's the bad graphs twitter account?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
George Pataki's still running right? Gonna be fun when the establishment finally finds its way to him after Rubio melts down.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Veskit posted:

What's the bad graphs twitter account?

It's mine, @ErectionGraphs. Got one for me?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Zoran posted:

It's mine, @ErectionGraphs. Got one for me?

No i had someone want to follow and i couldn't figure out what the words were. Thanks!

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

George Pataki's still running right? Gonna be fun when the establishment finally finds its way to him after Rubio melts down.

Kasich will be next in line and Id hazard Paul before Pataki

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
https://vine.co/v/eL6iDbwdDAU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Meanwhile, in Israel...

quote:

The United States takes offense at comments by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's new communications director accusing President Barack Obama of anti-Semitism and suggesting that Secretary of State John Kerry had the mental abilities of a 12-year-old, the State Department said on Thursday.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously Fishmech sucks but he would probably suck a lot less if statements of 'he probably has more to do to show a commitment to racial issues than add a page to his site' weren't constantly met with "HEH SECRET KKK MEMBER BERNIE SANDERS AM I RIGHT I BET YOU THINK HE LITERALLY PARTICIPATES IN LYNCHINGS TOO". The fragility of bernie's diehards is just kinda sad at a certain point.

:ironicat:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

what in the world?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheQat posted:

what in the world?

"Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud."

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

He'd have been better off with just rocking a Black by Popular Demand shirt, honestly.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mandatory lesbian posted:

Does this mean he lost the hispanic vote?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

so much for that plan

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

(link.)

Edited for thumb tags.

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 6, 2015

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

(link.)

Edited for thumb tags.

:lol: That's so bad in so many ways.

e:

quote:

Another former aide says that Bush had to change his presentation because his “Ted Cruz-tone” cost him the election.

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 6, 2015

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Don't worry, once Hillary is president we will go back to never criticizing Israel no matter what they do. Even if they were to start a true active genocide of the Palestinians we will continue to actively suck Bibi's dick if her recent statements are anything to go by.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GalacticAcid posted:

(link.)

Edited for thumb tags.

if we somehow managed to get to a society that had equality of results i think most people would be pretty unwilling to part with it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Silly Burrito posted:

The race is heating up, and I'll bet Vitter is NOT happy right now.

http://theadvocate.com/news/13896377-63/louisiana-gop-chair-calls-republican

After Jay Dardenne officially endorsed John Bel Edwards, LA GOP Chairman Roger Villere and Reince Priebus called Dardenne's endorsement "an act of betrayal". Villere even called Dardenne "the Nick Saban of Louisiana politics".

I also just saw that Scott Angelle supporters are throwing a fundraiser for.....John Bel Edwards. (http://blogs.theadvocate.com/politicsblog/2015/11/05/scott-angelle-supporters-plan-pro-john-bel-edwards-fundraiser/)

I can't believe everyone's turning against Vitter so fast. I mean, I can, but still. Listening to talk radio on the way home tonight, there were people evenly split between "Dardenne did what was right for Louisiana" and "Dardenne has always been a RINO/Obama will kill us all/Worst betrayal since Benedict Arnold".

This is amazing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Popular Thug Drink posted:

if we somehow managed to get to a society that had equality of results i think most people would be pretty unwilling to part with it

yeah but Jeb! probably thinks we're at or near equality already and anything the government does will skew whatever he thinks "results" are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

At least this guy tacitly admits to being snookered by "party of Lincoln" and having no idea what the Southern Strategy was.

• Locked thread