Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
hi games thread I see y'all just pissing on each other but KSP is still very fun I took some temps from the mun and put some satellites up and rescued some kerbs from space and next maybe I'll land on the mun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
are there decent browser-based games like Earth: 2025 or Utopia anymore? looking for something to do on break (lol) at work

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internaut! posted:

it's a way of speaking that immediately identifies you as have nothing of value to offer on any subject and also that you spend a lot of time watching reality TV

it's very convenient shorthand for "I am an idiot", but not according to young women who are marginally employed as bloggers, community managers or professional tweeters

oh and prolly indie game developers too

look at these words you wrote

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

are there decent browser-based games like Earth: 2025 or Utopia anymore? looking for something to do on break (lol) at work

kingdom of loathing still exists

barely

Narqulie
Oct 25, 2011

indigi posted:

I play Duelyst, a F2P card-battler-strategy on my "breaks". It's got card-collecting and chess-like strategy elements mixed in one, and v. nice art.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

fallen london is supposed to be good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
also the fo4 companion pipboy app is out

nothing much to do with it at the moment tho

glad to see bloody mess is still a perk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Notorious QIG posted:

its basically a cyoa

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ayn rand hand job posted:

its basically a cyoa

as opposed to the browser games with Visceral Action, such as

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
there's a browser port of dune 2

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I'm the tumblr batmobile

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

kingdom of loathing still exists

barely
i used to play... gently caress, like 8 years ago now? i got a mr. a so my account's still around but so much has changed i've never gotten back into it

what do you mean barely? like hasn't been updated with anything for a few years?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it was last thread i think where it came up but for people who want a wild/weird west x-com-like, hard west looks like it might be p. cool. cautiously optimistic

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I feel like none of the xcom likes ever really clicked with me like xcom did and I'm not sure why

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kenny Logins posted:

i used to play... gently caress, like 8 years ago now? i got a mr. a so my account's still around but so much has changed i've never gotten back into it

what do you mean barely? like hasn't been updated with anything for a few years?

they reached a pretty stable quest pattern a few years ago, but they're getting hard up for donations and had to let skullhead go

they've been doing more seasonal special pathed rotations + crimbo for the last few years, but they're now even dropping that from 4 to 3.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that's a bummer, though I'd like to see something else from those guys

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

that's a bummer, though I'd like to see something else from those guys

https://www.westofloathing.com

you could also buy their bookworm adventures clone complete with drunken parental abuse simulator

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

well yeah

the season pass also includes two unreleased story add-ons that you can't buy yet

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

motherfukin new age of empires 2 expansion awwwwww yiss

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

I feel like none of the xcom likes ever really clicked with me like xcom did and I'm not sure why

firaxis has been announcing more enemy types for xcom 2, they are neat and good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

gently caress your bs season passes i just bought dlc for a 16 year old game

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.westofloathing.com

you could also buy their bookworm adventures clone complete with drunken parental abuse simulator

i actually kickstarted that one. it was ok but im not that into action boggle

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

well yeah

the season pass also includes two unreleased story add-ons that you can't buy yet

the last story pack is 4 missions that are as long as the "most wanted" missions in the game

ignoring the fire crew and militia bullshit collectible ones,

most of those are like uh 3 or 4 tasks long and can be done in about 15 minutes

hell some of them are even less

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
oh nooooo the batman game is bad??? Lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

they reached a pretty stable quest pattern a few years ago, but they're getting hard up for donations and had to let skullhead go

they've been doing more seasonal special pathed rotations + crimbo for the last few years, but they're now even dropping that from 4 to 3.
kinda sad, i used to listen to the jick/skullhead podcast at one point. then again people like me are probably responsible for the decline, plus natural game life cycles, etc etc

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

mushihimesama is on steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKJu_mWatY

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Notorious QIG posted:

it is really, really good. highly recommend it, and there's an ios app coming out in a few months

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i heard it was really, really grindy

i played sunless sea and was not impressed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Blackula69 posted:

it is really, really good. highly recommend it, and there's an ios app coming out in a few months

I love fallen London but frankly I stopped playing it as soon as I found out about the app coming, because that seems like the perfect way to consume the extremely limited turns they give you

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Space-Pope posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

mushihimesama is on steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKJu_mWatY

what is with the trend of shooters starring waifus these days. what was wrong with planes and spaceships

also the trend of a giant player character and a teeny hitbox, fuckin casuls

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
they've actually changed fallen london to be less grindy, but it's still about progress over time. It's just a fun thing to do during breaks

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Panty Saluter posted:

what is with the trend of shooters starring waifus these days. what was wrong with planes and spaceships

also the trend of a giant player character and a teeny hitbox, fuckin casuls
basically touhou made a buttload of money without having to try very hard, and now a ton of shmup devs have tried to latch onto it

there's still plenty of good recent shmups without the weird waifu stuff, of course. crimzon clover and xiizeal are two that immediately come to mind

as for the hitbox stuff, it's just balancing the difficulty. sometimes there's a risk/reward component involved with grazing bullets where they touch the sprite, but not the hitbox

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
crimson clover is v good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Space-Pope posted:

basically touhou made a buttload of money without having to try very hard, and now a ton of shmup devs have tried to latch onto it

there's still plenty of good recent shmups without the weird waifu stuff, of course. crimzon clover and xiizeal are two that immediately come to mind

as for the hitbox stuff, it's just balancing the difficulty. sometimes there's a risk/reward component involved with grazing bullets where they touch the sprite, but not the hitbox

Your a furry. You have no right to judge waifus.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hmm, this cartoon lady comes from Japan, yuck. Now if it was a dog getting sucked off by a unicorn....

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Space-Pope posted:

yeah thats a recent thing. i come from the "whoops one pixel of your plane is within one pixel of a bullet ur ded" school :corsair:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

motherfukin new age of empires 2 expansion awwwwww yiss

the african empires? sweet. ist it good?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Syncopated posted:

the african empires? sweet. ist it good?

ive only played one game so far but if you like age of empires it's more of that. portuguese are neat. their unique units all do more damage to groups of foes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hmm, this cartoon lady comes from Japan, yuck. Now if it was a dog getting sucked off by a unicorn....

This is p. cringey, even for you

• Locked thread