Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Find-Replace -> "Dentist" - "Brain surgeon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Slo-Tek posted:

As has been pointed out, this is absolutely standard Evangelical horseshit. They LOVE stories about how they used to be bad motherfuckers, heavy into motorcycles, and booze, and whores, and dungeons and dragons and how awesome they used to be, and aren't anymore because of Jesus.
"Went to school, got fair grades, was afraid to try pot, was a member of the Campus Crusade for Christ, married the first girl to give me a handjob, and now I am a pastor" doesn't really fill the pews like a sinner converted story does.
This won't hurt him with his demographic, and will be dismissed as 'gotcha journalism' or 'who is the real racist?' by fellow travellers.

Yeah, I doubt there's any chance this sinks him. Quick reminder that not a single one of Carson's statements investigated by politifact have merited anything above a "half true" judgement. As long as you say things they agree with, the fringe (well, not they're not all that fringe I guess) of the modern GOP base will accept anything you say, and decry facts to the contrary as the lamestream media at it again.

Moynihan was wrong.

Bryter fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 6, 2015

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I want to see Jeb go after Carson next debate. I could see him being right at home sperging out about granaries and pyramids and it doesn't hurt that he's actually high energy compared to Carson. Poor jeb needs a victory of some sort.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Brother if you just wanna peep some dicks in bathrooms just say it, leave your poor wife alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5posU08HjXg&t=1m54s

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So let's get back from Carson onto a more cheerful subject: Jeb!

So, as you know, Jeb's email address is jeb@jeb2016.com (sadly, jeb@jeb.org is dead). There's something different about Jeb! He actually responds to your messages. Especially if they're about football.

http://deadspin.com/sad-jeb-bush-is-just-sitting-up-at-night-waiting-to-ch-1740751274v

Jeb Bush is waiting up at night for you to email him happy things he likes to talk about, like football, fantasy football, and probably Chinese swords.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
ben carson: just hotep things

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

quote:

“I submit that changes can occur within a species, but is that a sign of evolution, or is it a sign of an intelligent creator who gave his creatures the ability to adapt to their environment so he wouldn’t have to start over every 50 years? You know, that sounds much more intelligent than anything else.

And no one has ever demonstrated one species changing to another species. This should be, if it’s true, a continual evolving. So we should be able to find intermediate species at any given point in time. We should be able to find how they line up.

Darwin said his whole theory depended on the fossil remains. He said we should be able to line up from a single-cell organism to man, several miles long and just walk right down the fossil trail and see how everything evolved.

“He [Darwin] said the only reason they didn’t have the fossils was because they were not geologically sophisticated enough, but that we would be in 50 to 100 years. Well, that was 150 years ago. We still haven’t found them. Where are they? Where are the fossil remains?”

When you ask the evolutionists about that, they say, ‘Uh, I don’t know where they are, they’re somewhere, they are, we just haven’t found them yet.’ That’s a pretty lame excuse, to be honest with you.”

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/dr-carson-evolution-no-one-has-ever-demonstrated-one-species-changing-another

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"Have your heard Carson's stabbing scandal? No, it's that he didn't stab someone."

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Patter Song posted:

CNN is claiming today that the people who knew Carson from this point in his life are all "WTF" and said that Ben Carson was a nerdy boy who wore a pocket protector, didn't speak much, and was in ROTC with thick glasses and was not a violent street thug at all.

As a teenager, Ben Carson was so smitten with his next-door neighbor Laura, he once used his scientific brilliance to construct a transformation chamber, hoping it would turn him from a nerdy, awkward, and annoying geek into a cool, confident, smooth operator suave enough to win her over.

But when he emerged from the chamber as Benn Carsón, this new personality was instead a dumb, violent psychopath, who went on a rampage stabbing friends with knives, clubbing relatives with blunt objects, and loudly proclaiming the Egyptian pyramids were used as grain silos instead of Pharaohs' tombs until Ben, thanks to Laura's encouragement, was able to briefly suppress Benn, climb back into the chamber, and return himself to normal.

Everybody learned a valuable lesson about the importance of being yourself, instead of trying to be something or someone you're not.

Or so we thought, for it soon became apparent that the Benn Carsón personality still lurked within Ben Carson's subconscious, periodically emerging and running amok, especially during times of great stress. So Ben, in order to learn how to remove this personality from his brain for good – even if it meant doing so by brute force – dedicated himself to the study of neurology. He became the world's greatest neursurgeon, but even this wasn't enough: the Benn Carsón personality was wily, and could not be isolated.

Out of options, Ben began heavily self-medicating with increasingly more powerful depressants, in an effort to at least smother the Benn Carsón personality. But this only exacerbated the problem, and now each personality alternates consciousness at random, while Benn Carsón constantly plots to finally take complete control of both their shared body, and the entire country.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, he's running for President now.

Dr. Carson and Mr. Benn: Fridays at 8 on ABC T.G.I.F.!

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 6, 2015

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Deep Hurting posted:

As a teenager, Ben Carson was so smitten with his next-door neighbor Laura, he once used his scientific brilliance to construct a transformation chamber, hoping it would turn him from a nerdy, awkward, and annoying geek into a cool, confident, smooth operator suave enough to win her over.

But when he emerged from the chamber as Benn Carsón, this new personality was instead a dumb, violent psychopath, who went on a rampage stabbing friends with knives, clubbing relatives with blunt objects, and loudly proclaiming the Egyptian pyramids were used as grain silos instead of Pharaohs' tombs until Ben, thanks to Laura's encouragement, was able to briefly suppress Benn, climb back into the chamber, and return himself to normal.

Everybody learned a valuable lesson about the importance of being yourself, instead of trying to be something or someone you're not.

Or so we thought, for it soon became apparent that the Benn Carsón personality still lurked within Ben Carson's subconscious, periodically emerging and running amok, especially during times of great stress. So Ben, in order to learn how to remove this personality from his brain for good – even if it meant doing so by brute force – dedicated himself to the study of neurology. He became the world's greatest neursurgeon, but even this wasn't enough: the Benn Carsón personality was wily, and could not be isolated.

Out of options, Ben began heavily self-medicating with increasingly more powerful depressants, in an effort to at least smother the Benn Carsón personality. But this only exacerbated the problem, and now each personality alternates consciousness at random, while Benn Carsón constantly plots to finally take complete control of both their shared body, and the entire country.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
There should be a continual evolving of grain storage, from simple holes carved into rock to massive stone pyramids. We should be able to find intermediate granaries at any given point in time. We should be able to find how they line up.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Deep Hurting posted:

Empty quote this forever

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Deep Hurting posted:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pulp Can Move posted:

There should be a continual evolving of grain storage, from simple holes carved into rock to massive stone pyramids. We should be able to find intermediate granaries at any given point in time. We should be able to find how they line up.

The pyramids were built by people who knew the value of hard work.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Deep Hurting posted:

lol

Jewel Repetition posted:

"Have your heard Carson's stabbing scandal? No, it's that he didn't stab someone."

lol

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Man I miss Family Matters. gently caress the people who only talk about Full House.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ben Carson is a goddamn moron.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Deep Hurting posted:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Lotka Volterra posted:

Ben Carson is a goddamn moron.

Dude is straight up a Francis Collins type of Christian.

beckricci
Nov 19, 2012
Dennis Quaid is to GW as Randy Quaid is to Jeb!

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Deep Hurting posted:

don't stop...

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Deep Hurting posted:

Email this to jeb@jeb.org

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
lol Imagine being Rubio right now dealing with your creepy former boss coming after you after handing his rear end to him.

Just watch Jeb! and Rubio get into a shouting match next week with Trump being :smugbert: on the side with that look, "I told you they hated each other months ago!".

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Boosted_C5 posted:

It seems like trying to stab a guy would be probably one of your most vivid life memories and not something you would forget major details about, like, I don't know, WHO you tried to stab.

You don't know anything about stabbing your classfriendmother.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:stare:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Trump has a go at Carson next week over the stabbing(?), it'll be the best thing on TV, ever.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I know this goes without saying, but it's really bizarre to see a presidential candidate/neurosurgeon professing beliefs like this. Half of his ideas are so wrong that you can't even refute them directly, you'd have to go back and show how the antecedent of an antecedent is incorrect. Like when he says "there are no transitional fossils."

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Lycus posted:

If Trump has a go at Carson next week over the stabbing(?), it'll be the best thing on TV, ever.

Or the pyramids. Hopefully Trump addresses Carson as "Pharoah".

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

I have a sneaking suspicion that comment is really racist, but no matter how many times I read it, I can't figure out what he's trying to say exactly.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

This poo poo isn't going to matter to the 25% of GOP primary voters who support Carson. You have to find video of him supporting liberal policies if you want to sink this particular rubber duck.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've seen pretty much everything Carson has said parroted by fundies on Facebook, including the dumb intermediary species with a side of "if we evolved from chimps..."

It's what they already believe so it's true, welcome to the huge swaths of our country where anti-intellectualism is the norm. There's no sense in pressing for specifics to discredit him because he can just say, "well it didn't happen but I believe this to be true in that it praises Jesus" and that will be just as good and whoever had the audacity to ask, "hey that's a lie, why are you lying" will lose support

There's a reason these are the same people that confidence hucksters and snake oil salesmen prey almost exclusively on this same base. Look at the ads you hear on Rushbo compared to NPR

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

richardfun posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion that comment is really racist, but no matter how many times I read it, I can't figure out what he's trying to say exactly.

He's trying to say "I believe in creation, and that I resemble my creator, God, and Obama believes in evolution, and resembles his ancestors instead, which are monkeys".

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

richardfun posted:

White people look like god while black people look like apes.

It's loving disgusting and precisely the type of garbage one would expect from a conservative piece of poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the morning, "I think I'll have to put that into my repertoire when I talk about Ben. That was a strange ... that was a strange deal." ~ Donald Trump, on Ben Carson's assertion that the pyramids were grain silos built by the Biblical Joseph.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

FAUXTON posted:

White people look like god while black people look like apes.

It's loving disgusting and precisely the type of garbage one would expect from a conservative piece of poo poo.

no, it means "liberals are retarded" unless you think people like Ben Carson hate Black People too

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Joementum posted:

Quote of the morning, "I think I'll have to put that into my repertoire when I talk about Ben. That was a strange ... that was a strange deal." ~ Donald Trump, on Ben Carson's assertion that the pyramids were grain silos built by the Biblical Joseph.

"'Artless', one might say."

--:dukedog:

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Joementum posted:

Goddamn. Even trump is befuddled by it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He's done it. He's stumped the trump.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Trump is just the ultimate evolution of the typical schoolyard bully, so the surfacing of this video combined with Carson saying he stands by it is the equivalent of the bully's victim showing up at school with new thick glasses, pocket protector, severe asthma, and t-shirt that says "Punch me, I'm homosexual".

I would be confused, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread