Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Thanks for posting that GMG code, $48 for a copy in Canada and the key worked right away.

The fun-having intensifies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

VideoGames posted:

having worked at GAME in the past, they are a terrible business with awful practices and I am truly sorry to all gamers who bought things through them

They're just hanging up on people now who ring the help centre to have their orders fixed. We're 3/3 on cancelled Game pre-orders now. All of which were only available from Game (like the hard-copy PC version of Transformers: Devastation).

Wish companies would stop giving them exclusives, especially when it effectively means that X console/PC versions will not be available in the UK as a result.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

TorakFade posted:

Got my fiber installed today, 25mbps, now just waiting for the key to preload :getin: (assuming cdkeys.com is not a scam site)
wtf

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

That's really cool. I like.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
any streams up anywhere right now?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Making sure I understand this leveling system correctly. I pick my special stats when I make my dude. Then as I progress I get a skill point each level that I can put into any of the perks my special stats have made available to me. The first rank of a perk is not controlled by character level. The perks can be increased in rank by spending more skill points on the same perk, but the ranks are gated by my character level.

Am I interpreting things correctly? I've read it'll be possible to get every perk throughout the game, so does that mean there are opportunities to get lots of extra special points or was I reading something bogus?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I Am Frick posted:

if you post/comment, trolls are private messaging the ending to you.
People are being vicious with this.

Scanning things to see if the preorder is up has pretty much spoiled the ending for me. I'd be mad, except I've played two of Beth's Fallout games now and in neither case does the main plot matter at all. Now if you were spoiling all the cool exploration stuff in Fallout 3 I'd murder you. Slowly.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

so does that mean there are opportunities to get lots of extra special points or was I reading something bogus?
Every level has an 'Intense Training' built in opportunity to increase one of your SPECIAL stats instead of an actual perk.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Making sure I understand this leveling system correctly. I pick my special stats when I make my dude. Then as I progress I get a skill point each level that I can put into any of the perks my special stats have made available to me. The first rank of a perk is not controlled by character level. The perks can be increased in rank by spending more skill points on the same perk, but the ranks are gated by my character level.

Am I interpreting things correctly? I've read it'll be possible to get every perk throughout the game, so does that mean there are opportunities to get lots of extra special points or was I reading something bogus?

You read correctly. In lieu of perks, you also have the option of putting a point into SPECIAL upon leveling.

e: You could fill out everything but it would probably take an unreasonable amount of grinding.

rap music fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 6, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So is £31 the cheapest to get this for at launch? Tried Nuuvem and Kinguin but the prices are basically the same as GMG's 20% off price.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

ijyt posted:

So is £31 the cheapest to get this for at launch? Tried Nuuvem and Kinguin but the prices are basically the same as GMG's 20% off price.

I got it for £28 on cdkeys.com

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Fallout-4-CD-Key-For-Steam.html

£28.50 here too

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The only 'spoilers' I've come across, because I don't really read this thread, are from the launch trailer. Gonna kill me all the robot-men I can find and install the glorious fascism of The Brotherhood of Steel as rulers of Boston.

Actually, I probably won't even do that... just wander around picking up garbage to build cool poo poo and shooting any muthafuck in the face who tries to stop me.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

New vegas had the best collectors edition out of the lot. Along with best game too. Just in case anyone forgot that fact.

Truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOt4ToY0CdU

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Wildtortilla posted:

AFAIK each level you can either level up one of the unlocked perks, or increase a SPECIAL stat (thus unlocking a new perk). Since there isn't a level cap, it means you can eventually unlock and level up all perks.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

The joys of living in a place where a 7/0,5mbps ADSL is still considered the pinnacle of telecommunication (and most often works at 3-4 mbps tops) outside of the 4 biggest cities in the country.

Trust me, going at 30/10mbps with FTTC is pretty amazing here :italy: I could get the 50/20 mbps version but that's more expensive and who cares

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Timespy posted:

AFAIK each level you can either level up one of the unlocked perks, or increase a SPECIAL stat (thus unlocking a new perk). Since there isn't a level cap, it means you can eventually unlock and level up all perks.
There isn't a level cap but you're not going to be able to level up all perks in a reasonable amount of time.

Level 50 is where the cap would be placed if the game had one. It's the highest level you get an achievement for, and AFAIK no perks require you be higher than that.

I assume getting far past 50 would take serious grinding.

Edit: Maxing out all perks would require you to be level 270 or something. That's if you don't get the magazines or bobble heads or whatever.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 6, 2015

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So, for Australians:

Greenman Gaming. Keys are being sent out already. GMG sells in USD, not AUD. Their price, despite the product saying Fallout 4 (AU) $74.99 is actually $104AUD.
You can get a 20% off code (FALLOU-T20PER-CNTOFF) so it'll end up as $84AUD ($60USD)

JB Hi-Fi $59AUD Boxed copy only. Amazing price, sadly you'll only get it on Tuesday instore or via shipping. Very doubtful they'll break street date to grab the copy Monday evening.

Ozgameshop $62AUD, again, great price but it seems like the keys won't be sent out until Monday night UK time (where company is based) which is Tuesday here, after the game has unlocked.

CDKeys.com $64AUD no clue when keys are sent out, again, probably on release day so no pre-ordering.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 6, 2015

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Wait do we like the game now? What changed?

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Buttmeister posted:

Fallout 4: Wait do we like the game now?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Buttmeister posted:

the good guys won

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

jfood posted:

The only 'spoilers' I've come across, because I don't really read this thread, are from the launch trailer.

Don't read the dialogue in any of the posted screenshots then.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i heard if you get to level 80 you can unlock shadows

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

VideoGames posted:

i heard if you get to level 80 you can unlock shadows

It's obviously fake. Shadows will be in first DLC.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Kirs posted:

It's obviously fake. Shadows will be in first DLC.

Nah, man. High quality textures are the first DLC.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Buttmeister posted:

The negative shitposters switched sides, and didn't want to admit they were wrong so they just stopped posting.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

The negative shitposters switched sides, and didn't want to admit they were wrong so they just stopped posting.

Nice meltdown

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm not sure if it'll be like Skyrim where there's an optional day 1 DLC with higher resolution textures or if they'll just put the higher res ones in automatically because there aren't 360s/PS3s to worry about this time around.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Is it really that high resolution if the 6 year old hardware in consoles can run it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno but the 360/PS3 launched like a full six years before Skyrim even came out so they were even older than the PS4/bone are right now

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

strong bird posted:

Nice meltdown

Oh sorry I was wrong, there's one more. The loneliest shitposter :smith:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Activated my GMG code.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

Oh sorry I was wrong, there's one more. The loneliest shitposter :smith:

Would you like some cheese with that...whine?

Nailed it.

strong bird posted:

Is it really that high resolution if the 6 year old hardware in consoles can run it

It'd be nice if they made a PC-centric texture resolution pack, rather than waiting for mods to do it for them. I won't happen, but it'd be nice.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know when preload goes live?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

I'm not sure if it'll be like Skyrim where there's an optional day 1 DLC with higher resolution textures or if they'll just put the higher res ones in automatically because there aren't 360s/PS3s to worry about this time around.

Would higher resolution textures help? It looks more like the shaders and lighting aren't very good. That's more engine stuff than something you'd expect DLC to fix.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

Gerblyn posted:

Would higher resolution textures help? It looks more like the shaders and lighting aren't very good.

You can supplement the rest with enb or reshade, but you can't do much with low res textures.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Bedshaped posted:

Activated my GMG code.

Hmm, mine says that no keys are available.. Bummer. And only 4 days left, get you motherfucking poo poo together GMG!

(Goddamn I want to play this game)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i'm probs gonna play this game for like a million hours

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Shut the gently caress up about graphics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Deified Data posted:

Anyone know when preload goes live?

9PM UTC

• Locked thread