Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

I lost it at the big dipster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Drone
Aug 7, 2005

Powered Descent posted:

Spent a good fifteen or twenty seconds trying to figure out how it was loss.jpg.

The rooty tooty point and shooty is empty.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Target Drone posted:

The rooty tooty point and shooty is empty.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Often misfires are harder on the shooter.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

Spent a good fifteen or twenty seconds trying to figure out how it was loss.jpg.

I tried.

E: gently caress I failed

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dabir posted:

E: gently caress I failed

Not if the pistol is unloaded

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Code Jockey posted:

Not if the pistol is unloaded

There you go

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
The gun's slide should be back
:tfrsay:

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Holy bible should say CAD

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I beg to loving differ!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Evilreaver posted:

The gun's slide should be back
:tfrsay:

Not if the magazine had been removed before the last round was fired.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

I beg to loving differ!

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

keep unfunny tryhard bullshit to your own thread plskthx

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

At this speed I can't even enjoy the thought of gorilla warfare.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I apparently read fast enough to understand what that gif says. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bluewedge posted:

keep unfunny tryhard bullshit to your own thread plskthx

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

He's right, though

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I apparently read fast enough to understand what that gif says. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

There are apps for this. And you can up the speed on audiobooks/podcasts and most people's brains can handle it. Weird but true.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Anybody have that meme where the guy is walking down the street and someone who he is bigoted at waves at him and says hi and then he goes and posts on a forum about how he beat the guy up or something?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

pwnyXpress posted:

Anybody have that meme where the guy is walking down the street and someone who he is bigoted at waves at him and says hi and then he goes and posts on a forum about how he beat the guy up or something?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Same here.
I recall a speed reading app that would scroll all the text in one huge line and you could change the rate. Turns out most people can read much faster that way and retention only drops a little.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Looked for dickbutt and loss with no luck. Where's the poop?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

syscall girl posted:

There are apps for this. And you can up the speed on audiobooks/podcasts and most people's brains can handle it. Weird but true.

Yep, you actually read words themselves incredibly quickly. It's moving your eyes from word to word that slows down reading speed. So if you remove the eye movement, you can read up to like 400 or 500 words per minute pretty easily.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Royal W posted:

Looked for dickbutt and loss with no luck. Where's the poop?

Turn off your monitor.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Same here.
I recall a speed reading app that would scroll all the text in one huge line and you could change the rate. Turns out most people can read much faster that way and retention only drops a little.

Moose King posted:

Yep, you actually read words themselves incredibly quickly. It's moving your eyes from word to word that slows down reading speed. So if you remove the eye movement, you can read up to like 400 or 500 words per minute pretty easily.

I just wonder how long I'd be able to keep it up. I could follow that small blurb just fine but if I have to read like that for more than 5 minutes my retention will probably start dropping way more than a little.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Frostwerks posted:

Turn off your monitor.

All I can see is a thick layer of dust.

Wait a second, someone's drawn loss on it. Someone was in my flat... I'm calling the police!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Inzombiac posted:

Same here.

It's called Spritz.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wswG-kstQPE

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Requesting the forum post where it's a guy's birthday, and every good character from every good anime and video game comes in, and they brought cake! :smith:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

sandoz posted:

Requesting the forum post where it's a guy's birthday, and every good character from every good anime and video game comes in, and they brought cake! :smith:

https://storify.com/HunkyJimpjorps/the-saga-of-gamemaster-anthony-s-birthdays-33-39

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tiggum posted:

It's called Spritz.

:smuggo: 700 wpm ain't no thang for this guy because I've got the mind (and body) of a heavy reader.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

:smuggo: 700 wpm ain't no thang for this guy because I've got the mind (and body) of a heavy reader.

fuk u i can see the light coming thru the seams of ur human costume

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Spritz is cool because it lets you read simple text about uncomplicated topics very quickly, meaning it only significantly speeds up recreational reading, ie the kind of text where you wouldn't particularly want to get it over with quicker.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

What is the tiger-faced puffin picture supposed to tell me about the caption again? I'm a little behind on my cryptozoological chimera memes.

• Locked thread