Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Here's some screenshots:

only now do I notice that mouse cursor :argh:
Linked due to HW spoilers: Picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Roughly how much HP is expected for an ilevel 190~ Paladin when they have full STR jewelry and full STR attribute allocation?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mazed posted:

Might be sorta late on this one, but going by interview comments, apparently this person who kept showing up in promo stuff

is none other than Krile.

Good: Callbacks to early MSQ mentions.

Better: An FF5 reference.

Best: If Galuf is also in Eorzea, this means he's a grizzled grandpa lalafell. :sax:

Oh my god that getup is adorable

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

Brannock posted:

Roughly how much HP is expected for an ilevel 190~ Paladin when they have full STR jewelry and full STR attribute allocation?

Having 35 STR allotted and zero VIT on your jewelry, ignoring race and food bonuses...

This is, however, accounting for party bonus (+3% VIT)

Item level 190 PLD: 13683 HP
Item level 200 PLD: 15010 HP
Item level 210 PLD: 16096 HP

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

Can I just second this, if anyone know how to get in touch with Lycelle Faust (aka Faust IX on forums I think) please let myself or Boten Anna know, the last word we had was that Lycelle was having fairly serious stomach-related health issues and I think everyone in Cat Simulator and Blame Selene is worried. :smith:

Yeah Lycelle hasn't answered my twitter DM, I'm pretty worried :(

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Belzac posted:

Hey these tiny ape people killed my sister, I better start by saying how loyal and noble they are first.

Friends, dravanians, countrymen lend me your ears. I come to bury Ratataskor, not praise her!

She was my sister, faithful and just to me, but Thordan says she was ambitious, and Thordan is an honorable man. So are they all, all honorable men

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Stufoo posted:

Having 35 STR allotted and zero VIT on your jewelry, ignoring race and food bonuses...

This is, however, accounting for party bonus (+3% VIT)

Item level 190 PLD: 13683 HP
Item level 200 PLD: 15010 HP
Item level 210 PLD: 16096 HP

Thank you. My raid group and I were getting confused about how much health I was supposed to be having at 193. They were expecting way more health out of me than I actually had because I was full Strength.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did Square announce anything in the past month or two about new wards? I read about player plots being liberated after a period of inactivity, but have they mentioned anything about adding more houses? I remember reading a few months ago about some internal server restructuring that should make that kind of stuff easier to do.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Elentor posted:

Did Square announce anything in the past month or two about new wards? I read about player plots being liberated after a period of inactivity, but have they mentioned anything about adding more houses? I remember reading a few months ago about some internal server restructuring that should make that kind of stuff easier to do.

They haven't said anything directly about it, but there's going to be an extra-long "infrastructure maintenance" downtime in preparation for 3.1 so maybe they're sneaking some more wards in there

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The Chairman posted:

They haven't said anything directly about it, but there's going to be an extra-long "infrastructure maintenance" downtime in preparation for 3.1 so maybe they're sneaking some more wards in there

Permanently installing wtfast on the server backend while writing hatemail to Verizon and Level 3 :v:

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Drizvolta posted:

Here's some screenshots:

only now do I notice that mouse cursor :argh:
Linked due to HW spoilers: Picture

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey, that's me doing the Manderville! =D

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm talking legend of zelda 1 Oot TP WW. several fights had a dps check.

fitrst dungeon boss on Ocarina was a dps check because if you didn't keep her stuned and using hard thrusts she could easily kill you be dropping her babies. Trick was to keep her stunned with deku seeds and hack at her eye.

ocarina water temple boss was a dps check if you didn't consistently pull out the membrain it would just keep tossing you into the spikes. trick to this was to pull it far into the floor area and using spin attacks and strong slaches.

zelda 1 fire dungeon boss (dungeon 3) not using bombs will kill you, the boss will enrage if u take to long and spew its power attacks to fill the room making it hard to near impossible to dodge.

Oot ganondorf fight you had limited time where he was weaken by the light arrows, this caused the floor to drop more often if you missed causing the fight to be unbeatable due to only having the courner work with and link can't really jump over that far before he unweakens.

ff11 diabolos fight dps check longer the fight progressed the more floor droped the more often he uses nightmare faster party dies had to stun him and dps him down fast.

ff11 shadow lord fight second phase dps check, he becomes immune to physical dps and had to be burn downfast due to spaming a room wide aoe that could kill the party.

ff11 cop first dungeon minitour fight. had to dps him down before he spam doom which u had to spam drink holy water to recover because u know rng.

ff11 just abount every hnm had an enrage timer added due to spawm holding.

ffx sin had to kill him before he hit overdrive which unless u had the negation u was hosed.

ffx yu yevon more sumons u had the longer the fight, had to dps him down so not to run outa curatives.

dragons dogma: death in bitter black isle had to dps him down before he used his death skill which killed everyone.

infact dragons dogma had alot of dps checked fights that if u didn't dmg them fast enoyght they will enrage and kill u.

dps check: needing to kill a mob/boss in a set amount of time befoe they enrage and kill you.

I knew this before mmo excisted. Most ff end bosses are a dps check. Hell even mario had a few dps check fights with bowser more so in the 3d mario.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Technogeek posted:

ffx yu yevon more sumons u had the longer the fight, had to dps him down so not to run outa curatives.

Yes, this fight that is literally (almost) impossible to lose is a classic example of a dps check.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That guy is very bad at Zelda.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Apparently "any point in any game where you need to damage an enemy to progress" is a damage check now

oh gently caress I need to really meet this dps check against this tank, hope my spearman is up to it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

We’ll be adding new main scenario quests and they’ll feature Krile, the character you saw wearing the hood. I’m really surprised there were people that figured who she was just by looking at the picture we released earlier. I’m sure there are those of you who are curious about the naming convention since she is a Lalafell, but you’ll have to play through the main scenario quests to find out

the answer is y'all hosed up!

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cc5b2ba8ffd64cef26cb0e0cdac97104f8e7308e Prelim patch notes are up.

[2.0] It is now possible to ride mounts other than the personal chocobo while your companion is summoned.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

quote:

The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly than before for parties with three or more members of the same role. Class/job roles are as follows:

Tank: Gladiator/Marauder/Paladin/Warrior/Dark Knight
Melee DPS: Pugilist/Lancer/Rogue/Monk/Dragoon/Ninja
Ranged DPS: Archer/Thaumaturge/Arcanist/Bard/Black Mage/Summoner/Machinist
Healer: Conjurer/White Mage/Scholar/Astrologian

Time to stop running your dumb triple ranged groups

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
That only serves to hurt pug FATE groups or DF trial/MSQ.

quote:

[2.0] The number of items players would like to exchange for company seals can now be specified.
* As a result of this change, items that are a part of a set will now be treated as a single unit.
loving FINALLY, NO MORE BUYING 99 COKE, 1 PIECE AT A TIME.

quote:

[2.0] The number of vendor NPCs allowed in an estate has been adjusted.
Before After
Private Chambers 1 → 2
Small Plot 2 → 3
Medium Plot 3 → 4
Large Plot 4 → 5

Hooray, TPT can have a junkmonger now.

quote:

Shield Swipe Is now an ability and does not trigger global cooldown. Recast time has been adjusted to 15 seconds. Potency has been reduced from 210 to 150.
Goring Blade TP cost has been reduced from 60 to 50.
Shield Bash TP cost has been reduced from 150 to 120.

And this is how they intend to un-gently caress PLD?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Nov 6, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FFXIV patch notes are always so loving huge, its great.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Wait, Gobtwine from hunts? Doesn't that mean that you can grind out a full set of 210 now, except weapon?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Elswyyr posted:

Wait, Gobtwine from hunts? Doesn't that mean that you can grind out a full set of 210 now, except weapon?
yes, yes you can

WELCOME BACK HUNTS

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Elswyyr posted:

also void ark gives "an item to upgrade esoterics items" from a weekly quest

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That only serves to hurt pug FATE groups or DF trial/MSQ.

they actually removed the limit break penalty from having too many of a job/role from solo queued stuff if you bothered to read the whole thing

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I had only JUST gotten to that after I editted my post with the PLD changes.

For reference, with full context, (damnit ilfinicus)

quote:

[2.0] In keeping with balance changes for certain dungeons and trials, the rate at which the Limit Break Gauge fills has been adjusted as follows:
Dungeons and trials accessible solo via the Duty Finder:
The Limit Break Gauge will no longer fill more slowly when multiple members of the same class/job are in the party

Dungeons and trials requiring a full party to register via the Duty Finder:

The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly than before for parties with three or more members of the same role. Class/job roles are as follows:

Tank: Gladiator/Marauder/Paladin/Warrior/Dark Knight
Melee DPS: Pugilist/Lancer/Rogue/Monk/Dragoon/Ninja
Ranged DPS: Archer/Thaumaturge/Arcanist/Bard/Black Mage/Summoner/Machinist
Healer: Conjurer/White Mage/Scholar/Astrologian

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
They've made changes to shield swipe (Is now an ability and does not trigger global cooldown.Recast time has been adjusted to 15 seconds.Potency has been reduced from 210 to 150), goring blade and shield bash (lowered tp usage)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So much good poo poo in those notes, I don't know where to start

Puffs of Darkness/Onion Knights as guaranteed drops! Ex primal boss drops being moved to chests! Paissa minion! Turkey hats!

Weird that they didn't list ARF as being in any of the roulettes, though.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats a lot of patch note.

Class changes

Shield Swipe OGCD and Mudra changes look good.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 6, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pretty good bundle of changes. Sad to see that Paladin got only very minor adjustments. OGCD Shield Swipe's nice, but it's still not going to count for much in the grand scheme of things.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Emperor's New Fists, EX items in chest, Puff and Onion Knight always drop, QoL changes :swoon:

While I'm not looking forward to a lot of things this patch, the QoL changes will definitely keep me happy for now.

Law for favor mats hell yea. 1800 for 1 is a little rough but I'll manage.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I found it. The best patch note.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Why are they reducing the number of Eso tomes you get from Neverreap and Fractal? To make it even more unappealing to run them?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I found it. The best patch note.

This is most perfect.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
[2.0] In an effort to curb RMT activities, the number of friend requests players can send per day (Earth time) will be limited to 5.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why are parts of the notes randomly in French?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126902-Famitsu-Interview-Translation-Yoshida-on-Patch-3.1-and-Beyond?p=6560729#post6560729

Some interesting information in this one, but the comments on this thread are hilarious.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

A lot of those voices are probably from players in savage Alexander where there is a high reliance on tank DPS.

Yoshida: We'll be making effort to eliminate that as much as possible.

3.2 will be an amusing patch.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

50% of all active players clearing Alex normal is seriously impressive, not due to difficulty but the sheer number of people raiding

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Badger of Basra posted:

Why are parts of the notes randomly in French?

Well, the NA data center is in Quebec...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Some other cool poo poo I'm finding in these notes:

Tomestones of Law can now be traded for red scrip crafting components. You need 1,800 of them though so no more complaining about them being useless :haw: Red crafting scripts will give more of these too when you do it that way, and is still the only way to get them HQ.

I think we're getting a Haurchefant portrait, called "A Knight to Remember", 800 law tomes.

Seems there was a change to make it harder for players to accidentally end up in empty duties when joining duties in progress, if more players leave the "Search for new members" function stops again?

We can get the upgrades to the poetics gear with poetics now, and everything seems to be cheaper.

Upon completing a duty using the Undersized Party option, the log will now display how much time has elapsed since the duty commenced. <-- I'd like to see that for more duties as well, although I can see why they wouldn't do it for duty finder duties possibly.

The HP for A rank elite marks in 3.0 areas has been increased. <-- good foresight!

The potency and recast times for the following medicines have been adjusted: <--- then it lists nothing? :confused: Either another typo or something we're not supposed to know until patch night. Maybe the return of triple flares!

The really cool custom-made low level equipment can be purchased from the calamity salvager

Rare dyes that were obtained from quick exploration have been made tradable. Old ones won't be made tradable though, apparently now ventures will give a new type of tradable dye of the same colors.

The color of the display for non-targetable objects has been adjusted for the party list, focus target bar, and the enemy list. You can easily tell whether someone is in range of healing or not!

The quality of life changes blow me away consistently with each major patch.

• Locked thread