Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'm installing it in the UK here, just delivered from Amazon. Where is the Nuk3town code?

I pre-ordered Ghosts and it didn't come with a code for Free Fall and I got passed from pillar to post between Amazon and Activision and didn't get anywhere.

I want my Nuk3town.

Edit: WTF, is this accurate?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/black-ops-3-nuketown-map-is-uk-exclusive-at-retail/1100-6432005/

quote:

General pre-orders on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 in the UK will not include access to the Nuketown multiplayer map, as was previously indicated. Instead, only those that have put money down at high-street retailer GAME will have access to it.

Thus far, Activision has not highlighted this exclusivity and, instead, indicated the content would be available for simply pre-ordering, regardless of where.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
So this is a thing.

http://i.imgur.com/rRAfj8C.gifv

In other news can you not embed gifv images on the forums?

tjones
May 13, 2005

AirRaid posted:

So this is a thing.

Welcome to Call of Duty. I hope you enjoy your stay.

For content:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Swish%20Jones/video/12572602
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Swish%20Jones/video/12573531

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Got a GI Unit from a care package, it's a murder machine i watched it chase a guy around a corner and punch a baddie to death

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

AirRaid posted:

So this is a thing.

gifv is a video notan image plz use accepted format of gif which is actually an image file instead

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Played all night, game is fun. More exciting than Ghosts or AW for sure.

Audio mix is horrible though :( Everyone in the party complained about it, really annoying, had to crank volume to hear the game well.

CoD newbies are as horrible as ever, maybe worse with all the extra poo poo they have to deal with in this game.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

victrix posted:

Audio mix is horrible though :( Everyone in the party complained about it, really annoying, had to crank volume to hear the game well.
That also was a problem with BO2, especially on PC. No idea what they're thinking with that stuff. I think "Treyarch Mix" was the best option

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'm just glad I'm able to hear footsteps again. gently caress what was sledgehammer thinking with AW?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
They nerfed shotguns since the beta. You have to be right on somebody now.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Hackan Slash posted:

Well this sucks, I was going to enjoy being one of those shotgun assholes.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I didn't notice because I was running around with the full auto shotgun which takes two shots anyway...

... and loving wrecks because it has crazy range for a shotty and works beautifully while jumping.

I literally put it down because I was afraid it was going to ruin my aim with 'normal' guns if I kept using it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

victrix posted:

I didn't notice because I was running around with the full auto shotgun which takes two shots anyway...

... and loving wrecks because it has crazy range for a shotty and works beautifully while jumping.

I literally put it down because I was afraid it was going to ruin my aim with 'normal' guns if I kept using it.

I tried the pump action and the semi auto. The pump is inconsistent and has a bad one shot range. The semi auto NEVER one shots and fires slow.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I'm out of town all weekend :nman: I hope the bone crew will still be playing next week

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

beaner69 posted:

Lmao they didnt fix the parties breaking for no reason.

It wouldn't be Call of Duty otherwise.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm installing it in the UK here, just delivered from Amazon. Where is the Nuk3town code?

I pre-ordered Ghosts and it didn't come with a code for Free Fall and I got passed from pillar to post between Amazon and Activision and didn't get anywhere.

I want my Nuk3town.

Edit: WTF, is this accurate?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/black-ops-3-nuketown-map-is-uk-exclusive-at-retail/1100-6432005/
That might actually be breaking some EU consumer laws right there if Amazon were touting they had the pre-order stuff too.

Having played the Campaign for a bit, I'm reasonably sure it's supposed to be a semi-parody of itself by this point. The first major crisis in the game proper, within the is basically some dumbass forgot to uncheck the stay logged in box when using the NOT ALL THE TOP SECRET CIA OPERATION FILES EVER LOL cloud last.

And the very first thing you see ingame is our highly-trained spec-ops troopers not realizing that shooting down a plane that's on a flight path over them might involve flaming wreckage landing on where they're sitting. :lol:

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

CaptainJuan posted:

I'm out of town all weekend :nman: I hope the bone crew will still be playing next week

You missed the one week window where everybody plays. Goondolences.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

AirRaid posted:

So this is a thing.

This is why you always name your classes according to some obscure theme. I like various puns on song titles or movies based on the primary focus of the build.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
The forest map is so incredibly one sided. Never take alpha on that map.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm real glad they brought back WaW style gore in this game. It's nice and squishy.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I like Glitch and sliding https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vKjHxXlpNM

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How bad is this game

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
It's good but every CoD is good during the honeymoon phase.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Javes posted:

It's good but every CoD is good during the honeymoon phase.
I'm considering buying a CoD game for the first time since MW2, what generally happens after the honeymoon phase ends?

Also how is the zombie mode? I've never played one and people are talking about separate exp systems and unlocks and big secret-filled maps that sound like Mass Effect 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition and that poo poo is right up my street.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm dressing up seraph in different outfits, she's my waifu

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pierson posted:

I'm considering buying a CoD game for the first time since MW2, what generally happens after the honeymoon phase ends?

Also how is the zombie mode? I've never played one and people are talking about separate exp systems and unlocks and big secret-filled maps that sound like Mass Effect 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition and that poo poo is right up my street.

Zombies are bad.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

hi yes i haven't played a call of duty since mw3 should i buy this game y/n?

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
not impressed man

:\

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AirRaid posted:

So this is a thing.

That's a feature requested by e-sports players, actually. They've always been a seven letter word to them since Halo, those whining, baby, "the floor is lava you guys!" Ban everything, can't play the game as designed fucks.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm real glad they brought back WaW style gore in this game. It's nice and squishy.

Except for the time that one civilian is dropped on his head onto the ground below and he explodes like a water balloon

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kifisonfire posted:

hi yes i haven't played a call of duty since mw3 should i buy this game y/n?
Yeah my questions were badly worded, lemme try again:

Javes implied most people get sick of CoD games after initially really liking them. Is it a case of the more you play the more you see flaws that aren't noticeable at first, or is the DLC to extend the game's lifespan just not that great?

Does BO3 zombie mode share a similar progression system to other coop MP games like ME3 or DA:I? All I've found are vague articles.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Zombies are bad.
Ah well. :(

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am very much enjoying this game. Only problems I'm noticing so far is some of the maps are very spawn dependent and loving everyone is using rifles because of high caliber.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

After (not)playing AW multiplayer for whole 12 hours over the year I swore to myself I was never going to buy another CoD (I play on PC). The beta and this being a Treyarch game kinda hyped me up, considering buying this for 33€ but I don't like the look of this.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

West007 posted:

After (not)playing AW multiplayer for whole 12 hours over the year I swore to myself I was never going to buy another CoD (I play on PC). The beta and this being a Treyarch game kinda hyped me up, considering buying this for 33€ but I don't like the look of this.

I would more look at it over the weekend, I think, since a lot of people probably didn't skip work for Another CoD Game.

I am still surprised how popular Ark is though

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

West007 posted:

North America and Western Europe are likely at work/school still.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I would more look at it over the weekend, I think, since a lot of people probably didn't skip work for Another CoD Game.

I am still surprised how popular Ark is though

Yea, I know it's a little premature, it's 17:33 here in the EU right now, but only 2/3 of GTA V players, drat.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

West007 posted:

It's in the top ten of a list of games only played by the most hardcore of spergs.

Pretty good, if you ask me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nighthand posted:

This is why you always name your classes according to some obscure theme. I like various puns on song titles or movies based on the primary focus of the build.

I called my shotgun class Sweargun. :v:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

West007 posted:

i don't understand are you worried you won't get matched with the other 39 thousand people playing this game?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'm worried it's going to be 2000 spergs playing the game in 2 months time with no good lobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I didn't play in the beta even though I downloaded it. How relevant are the character special abilities? Also, what are they?

• Locked thread