Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I think that this has to be the best chapter ever.

Maybe Annie should knock on the door again and try some other things out:

"Hey Dad, could you quit being a jerk?"

"Ok."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Son of a bitch. :shittydog:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
:golfclap:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
This is the kind of trick you only get to play once over the course of an entire comic, and I cannot imagine a better time to do it. Hats off, Tom.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The chapter is going to be one page long: Annie will walk in and say "I want Reynardine back." and then Tony will say "Fine."

THE END

:golfclap:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The chapter is going to be one page long: Annie will walk in and say "I want Reynardine back." and then Tony will say "Fine."

THE END

:stare:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

THE END

You coulda picked a lottery number, but instead you used your one Psychic Moment on this comic.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

THE END

Jesus Christ. :tinfoil:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Can't wait until the behind-the-scenes video on this one.

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
And that is why I love this comic. :3:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

THE END

:vince:

(The inherent humor in this page is pretty great compared to the past few months)

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

a kitten posted:

You coulda picked a lottery number, but instead you used your one Psychic Moment on this comic.

It seemed like a pretty obvious possibility, hell I was going to make the same joke on Wednesday but Omoly already beat me to it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

A joke 10 years in the making.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Looking forward to the 30-page chapter bonus.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Thank you for reading Gunnerkrigg Court. This was the last strip.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Great mood-lightener in juxtaposition to the serious poo poo that was going on beforehand

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah and Jeanne uhm she.. retired. Robot's battery went out. Zimmy died. Mort, haha already taken care of.

The end guys!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh jeez I just had the worst thought. What if the "do whatever you need to to protect yourself" thing actually came to Renard possessing Anthony because he believed he was in danger, and this is really him handing off an empty doll to Annie because he doesn't know how he's going to admit to her that he killed her father. :ohdear:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Glagha posted:

Oh jeez I just had the worst thought. What if the "do whatever you need to to protect yourself" thing actually came to Renard possessing Anthony because he believed he was in danger, and this is really him handing off an empty doll to Annie because he doesn't know how he's going to admit to her that he killed her father. :ohdear:

No way. Tony is to nice a guy and a good father for Renard to hurt.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Tea-san you loving troll

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Anthony Carver continues to do nothing wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

a kitten posted:

It was worth it.

Brightman posted:

It seemed like a pretty obvious possibility, hell I was going to make the same joke on Wednesday but Omoly already beat me to it.

Yeah, we just had a break in chapter 52 with Kat and the gang. It would be kind of repetitive to have another one. We already knew that Annie and her friends could bust in and take back Reynardine with relative ease (when one of your buddies can literally teleport that's kind of a given). What we didn't know was how Tony would react if Annie just flat out asked him for Reynardine back, and now we do. :ms:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This is what happens when people always go "we got it, Jones is old, now get on with it" every chapter.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

This is what happens when people always go "we got it, Jones is old, now get on with it" every chapter.

I have no idea why people complained about the Jones chapter, that was and remains one of my favorite parts of the comic.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Poor Tony. His parental authority countermanded by forest gods and his employer. I'd be outises too. He did his best but clearly failed at that too. :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Incredible.

akulanization posted:

Anthony Carver continues to do nothing wrong.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Well played.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I have no idea why people complained about the Jones chapter, that was and remains one of my favorite parts of the comic.

It's understandable, since it counted backwards in time and when you know where it is going that is great. At the time, however, it didn't seem to answer the question the chapter posed, while also moving backward slowly towards an unknown start date. It is a great chapter in hindsight and the complaints feel shortsighted now, yes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Amazing.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Comic over. It was a good run everybody.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
And now we get a 48-page "bonus page" before chapter 56.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

FronzelNeekburm posted:

And now we get a 48-page "bonus page" before chapter 56.

All City Face, all the time

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The best chapter. But now, excepting Annie's repeat year and Reynard's new ownership, everything seems back to normal. What's the catch?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Repeating a year is a pretty big deal.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Shamelesly stolen from Concerned Comic :colbert:

(this was an amazing move Tea-San)

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

I loved that chapter but I read it all at once, not in real-time. If I was reading it page by page it would've driven me crazy, too.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Male Man posted:

This is also what I'm hoping for

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Male Man posted:

Getting on the ground floor, here.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kikas posted:

Shamelesly stolen from Concerned Comic :colbert:

No Prospekts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The best chapter. But now, excepting Annie's repeat year and Reynard's new ownership, everything seems back to normal. What's the catch?

Honestly if we just go back to the core cast on their quest to save/kill Jeanne I'd be fine with that. It felt like they were about ready to make some progress on that front when we got bad dad out of nowhere upturning all the apple carts for the last few months.