Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Every episode of Yo Is That Racist can be summed up by either "yes of course it is" or "the host doesn't know anything about anything"

Also it isn't funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I have hated Dan Deacon for almost a decade now but this episode was great. Top tier improvisors. The one where Deacon played music along to the Bacon brothers was spectacular, they should definitely incorporate sound more often.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Holy poo poo, the latest Paul Rust HH.

Sam has a hard out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GimpChimp posted:

I used to happily imagine that only the US could make Dunham a thing, but then I found out that he tours the UK every year and plays stadiums. He's obviously very good at playing to a very specific section of society.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Jeff-Dunham-tickets/artist/806157 The comments section is full of total exuberance from the extremely stupid.

Wow, that's genuinely surprising. I don't think I've ever heard anyone over here mention his name.

I remember watching the Jamster advert with my friend, both a good amount of beers down, and he took massive offence to the fact that they felt that a ringtone of someone saying "I KEEEL YOU" was worth £3 or something (probably £20 due to their 'subscription service'), to the point where he walked off into the bathroom and recorded his own version that sounded exactly the same for free. He didn't even know the character or anything, he was just incensed about the money grabbing aspect.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

Every episode of Yo Is That Racist can be summed up by either "yes of course it is" or "the host doesn't know anything about anything"

Also it isn't funny.

The only episode of YITR I have ever listened to was "Pro Wrestling," because that's pretty fertile ground for discussion - the reliance on using race and ethnic identity as characterization, the lack of people of color among the WWF/WWE champions - and thought it would spur some interesting debate.

Instead I got Andrew Ti and some (white) British guy I had never heard of saying "Wrestling? Haven't seen any of it since the 80's but KoKo B. Ware was pretty popular and he was black, so not racist." That is only slightly more simplistic than the actual discussion.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 6, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Akeem the African Dream came pretty close to winning the tag-team belt that one time: not racist.
It's really bad, because at least those question of the day dorks can convincingly pretend to know something, but so much of YITR is just audible shrugging.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I listened to the YITR episode on the song Entertainment by Phoenix, specifically the music video. It opens with some Asian kids singing, to which Andrew Ti responded "Okay, this doesn't seem racist," then the actual song starts with something akin to the opening of Turning Japanese and Andrew goes "Oh Jesus Christ! This is so racist!" Total knee-jerk reaction, which is the absolute worst way to discuss anything, especially racism, but it was accidentally kinda funny.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The thing I don't get about Yo, Is This Racist? Is that I've never heard of any of the guests. I could see it interesting with someone like say Scott Aukerman or say...........Jon Gabrus on it, instead it's some random person who isn't very qualified to talk about racial issues and isn't funny enough to overcome it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm also confused at who is actually listening to it because I'm pretty sure it's more successful than most Earwolf shows if you add up the soundcloud downloads of a weeks worth of episodes

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Someone I know actually called in a scenario to YTIR, and I actually thought that episode was reasonably on-point and funny, but I don't disagree with some of the criticisms you guys are posting.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/third-world-orphan/

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

80% of Yo Is This Racist's listens came from Matt Besser calling out a guest for saying Chicago has no black people.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
holy poo poo this Dan Deacon I4H episode. Such good music and it's in the scenes :vince:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there something to "Egg Roll Hunt" that I don't get? It was literally about nothing at all. The guy doesn't say anything interesting, he doesn't eat any of the egg rolls he wants so badly, he doesn't find out who made the one he had once upon a time, he doesn't get any interesting stories out of anyone he interviews... If I hadn't been killing time at work, I'd have been annoyed that I had my time wasted.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Warning: if you watch Aziz's (very good) new Netflix show, be emotionally prepared to see Harris' name pop up a bunch in the credits :(

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm also confused at who is actually listening to it because I'm pretty sure it's more successful than most Earwolf shows if you add up the soundcloud downloads of a weeks worth of episodes

YITR was a hugely followed Tumblr before it was a podcast so it arrived with an inbuilt audience that probably don't really want other earwolf content.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

GraPar posted:

Warning: if you watch Aziz's (very good) new Netflix show, be emotionally prepared to see Harris' name pop up a bunch in the credits :(

I get the feeling that he was originally supposed to play Eric Wareheim's character.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

GraPar posted:

I've just started watching it with the missus and I suddenly remembered Aziz saying him and Harris were doing something in New York and got really bummed out.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

GraPar posted:

I watched four episodes of this so far and it's really loving good.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There was an insane political debate at UCB last week and they put it online. Besides James Adomian it has Dan Van Kirk as Jeb Bush, Ian Karmel as Chris Christie, Seth Morris as Lincoln Chafee, Jerry Minor as Ben Carson, and Fortune Feimster as Trump. It was a clusterfuck but a glorious one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWfYc6J-0Q8

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

just saw this

Hollywood Handbook: The Show
(with the premise of the show, it almost already is)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
The Grinder is very funny and great

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

and very smart

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Is it nice?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Excellent return of the Scuzzman on HH today.

"That can't be good advice for a business..."

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Zsinjeh posted:

It's Earwolf adjacent

On the subject of Earwolf-adjacent podcasts, where do I go to talk about Pistol Shrimps Radio?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Jim the Nickel posted:

On the subject of Earwolf-adjacent podcasts, where do I go to talk about Pistol Shrimps Radio?

Right here, M'Boogie.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3500699&pagenumber=10#lastpost

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Andrew Ti: Taste maker worthy of free mattresses.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Three words: Good. Luck. Chuck.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

SpaceParrot posted:

Andrew Ti: Taste maker worthy of free mattresses.

http://www.lataco.com/kobayashi-taco-eating-contest/

quote:

The whole scene was ludicrously SoCal, with a DJ spinning pop punk’s greatest hits alternating with a mariachi band singing Disney tunes
could def be a HH readthrough

Who woulda though Will Hines could look older than that

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
You Should Probably Check Out With Special Guest This Week Alert: Jon Gabrus is on as Gino, doing a drive-time radio show.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Nov 13, 2015

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

His Long Island references are so spectacular. I lived in suffolk for like 5 years, it is a uniquely awful corner of the country.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
On the newest i4h Besser was trying to get a musical episode hater on. Can't wait for someone with whom I share a point of view to come on and really poorly argue that perspective. Just like every time.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

You Should Probably Check Out With Special Guest This Week Alert: Jon Gabrus is on as Gino, doing a drive-time radio show.
Gino is very thorough about his own canon.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

On the newest i4h Besser was trying to get a musical episode hater on. Can't wait for someone with whom I share a point of view to come on and really poorly argue that perspective. Just like every time.

Im sure if you tweeted at him you could get on

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'd like to hear someone take the position of not liking music

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Please go on and just yell trumpet hater lines but say late period singer song writer faux Americana instead of trumpet

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Keven looks like you're it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Illinois Smith posted:

"I...got you!"

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ManoliIsFat posted:

His Long Island references are so spectacular. I lived in suffolk for like 5 years, it is a uniquely awful corner of the country.

He also did a Long Island episode of High and Mighty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

back to the main subject of this thread, Hollywood Handbook: Tom Scharpling is back :woop: