Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
[2.0]The following item for concealing the appearance of a pugilist's arm is available for purchase from Tataroga in Mor Dhona at Revenant's Toll (X:22 Y:6).
The Emperor's New Fist

yes, it's time

at long last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Hivac posted:

[2.0]The following item for concealing the appearance of a pugilist's arm is available for purchase from Tataroga in Mor Dhona at Revenant's Toll (X:22 Y:6).
The Emperor's New Fist

yes, it's time

at long last

ffffffffffffffff

I haven't played this game in like four months, this got me back in.

(jk, for reals though I haven't been on but I am logging back in. The dread return of ~* Rex *~ shall be foretold by the crimson glow of the lala-blood moon upon Eorza :unsmigghh:)

e: Oh man the minion battle minigame looks kewl

e2: :aaa:

e3: ! GROUP POSE !

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 6, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Manyorcas posted:

The potency and recast times for the following medicines have been adjusted: <--- then it lists nothing? :confused: Either another typo or something we're not supposed to know until patch night. Maybe the return of triple flares!

They're not telling you until the servers are down to avoid people cornering the market.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm really happy that you can adjust the light levels in housing now! The bright, flat lighting in my personal chambers looked awful.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Blockhouse posted:

the answer is y'all hosed up!

It wouldn't be the first time they've broken naming conventions for the sake of an FF reference.

See: Biggs and Wedge.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

time to plan nefarious things for hunts in 3.1

or not

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hivac posted:

The Emperor's New Fist

yes, it's time

at long last

Well guess I know which melee DPS I'm playing when Machinist gets to 60 and/or gets boring!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

In retrospect blowing all my centuro seals on frivolous things last night was maybe a bad idea :v: (but there's lots of time to get back to 500 before Tuesday)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh lordy lord Lord of Verminion. Gonna have to read that after work, I think.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

quote:

Dungeons and trials requiring a full party to register via the Duty Finder:

The Limit Break Gauge will fill more slowly than before for parties with three or more members of the same role. Class/job roles are as follows:

Tank: Gladiator/Marauder/Paladin/Warrior/Dark Knight
Melee DPS: Pugilist/Lancer/Rogue/Monk/Dragoon/Ninja
Ranged DPS: Archer/Thaumaturge/Arcanist/Bard/Black Mage/Summoner/Machinist
Healer: Conjurer/White Mage/Scholar/Astrologian

What the gently caress is even the point of this? What does it matter if people are varying from 2 tank 2 healer 2 melee 2 range?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

quote:

[3.0] The weekly restriction on rewards in Alexander: Gordias has been removed.

so this means law tomes are useless now right?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

ActionZero posted:

What the gently caress is even the point of this? What does it matter if people are varying from 2 tank 2 healer 2 melee 2 range?
this, my dear goon, is what happens when they are enforcing their balance meta into the game at every possible angle, and also why the new jobs in HW were so extremely similar to their counterparts

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

now it'll just be need everything, so, no

LordNat
May 16, 2009

ActionZero posted:

PS3 Limitations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ActionZero posted:

To discourage wacky strategies they don't foresee (doing a fight with one tank or all ranged dps or whatever) without hard-locking party setup.

Kuvo posted:

various crafting materials and stuff will be available for law

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

And you gotta get to ilv170 to get into Alex anyways for new players

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if you thought having another class in your party in crystal tower after loot restrictions were removed was annoying because it meant you would be rolling against one other guy with the need on everything mentality, wait until alexander might as well be opening the chest and instantly randomly assigning everything inside

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

quote:

[2.0] Upon completing a duty using the Undersized Party option, the log will now display how much time has elapsed since the duty commenced.

cant wait for the sick ~#MLG speedrun~ rankings!

also it looks like i have to start grinding out Centurio seals again

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Not going to lie, when i got to the PLD changes the very first thing i saw was the potency deceases on Shield Swipe and almost lost my mind.
Then I actually read the rest, so I guess they gained 600 potency a minute... but that does nothing to change their total lack of AoE.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

quote:

Spiritbonding
Gear will gain spiritbonding at an increased rate in the Diadem in comparison to other duties.
* The increased spiritbond gain does not apply to crafting or gathering.

Get ready for hellbinding in preparation for the new relic quests and 3.2 raid accessories. Materia V is your new God.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ugh. I'm all excited again.

Too much cool sounding stuff.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Ciaphas posted:

Oh lordy lord Lord of Verminion. Gonna have to read that after work, I think.

This looks amazing, I cannot wait until next week - that's some detail put into a minigame.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Boten Anna posted:

Get ready for hellbinding in preparation for the new relic quests and 3.2 raid accessories. Materia V is your new God.

:agreed:

Bring on all the Spiritbinding. :getin:

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

LegionAreI posted:

This looks amazing, I cannot wait until next week - that's some detail put into a minigame.
so much detail put into a minigame

imagine if they'd not wasted all that time on a minigame and put it into making raid content not garbage

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kuvo posted:

Law tomes are now used for filling up your house with Harchefaunt paintings to hang up next to your Nanamo paintings.

Oh and get NQ red scrip mats I guess.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
no mentions of new fish to catch!!! argh!!!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ilifinicus posted:

imagine if they'd not wasted all that time on a minigame and put it into making raid content not garbage
Man imagine how much worse FFXIV would be if they did that.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

Then we wouldn't have a cool minigame, and high-end raiders would still find things to whine about and keep paying sub fees anyway :v:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

imagine if you put as much effort into making your posts not garbage

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Is ilifinicus just a belzac alt account?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

ilifinicus posted:

if you want a game that neglects all other activities in favor of raiding world of warcraft is right over there

you'll have ten months to catch up with the current expansion before the next patch, too!

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Wildstar too.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pretty disappointed that they're doing the same thing they did in 2.3 with sands and oils. Hunts are back to being a complete clusterfuck.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Pretty disappointed that they're doing the same thing they did in 2.3 with sands and oils. Hunts are back to being a complete clusterfuck.

Its slightly less irritating at the moment since you can't get weapon upgrades through hunts yet. That way you're not falling AS behind if you only stick to doing hunt dailies rather than joining the roving deathball.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Empress Theonora posted:

if you want a game that neglects all other activities in favor of raiding world of warcraft is right over there

you'll have ten months to catch up with the current expansion before the next patch, too!
because we've got so much use out of those minigames they spent all that development time on

who the hell still does chocobo racing? triple triad?

LordNat
May 16, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

because we've got so much use out of those minigames they spent all that development time on

I Triple Triad a fair bit. If they added some more content to Chocobo racing I can see people playing it again. Maybe change it to mount racing and allow us to "breed" any of our mounts.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Really let down by the PLD changes, not sure what I was expecting, but they've done nothing to address the aggro gap.

I don't know how DRK and WAR play at endgame, but DRK at ~30 is stupidly easy to maintain aggro, never have to use your threat combo really.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

ilifinicus posted:

I don't really play Triple Triad, but I enjoy collecting cards. Kind of like how I am with real collectible card games, really.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Chocobo racing is really fun, it just needs a second pass to adjust out the ridiculous number of "weight classes" and add more rewards so that there's more people doing it and you're not just racing the computer every time. Throwing in a couple more courses and features wouldn't hurt, either.

People also don't hang out in the golden saucer really now, though it sounds like they're trying to change that by increasing MGP rewards, adding challenge logs, and Lords of Verminion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ilifinicus posted:

Chocobo Racing is basically dead as it gets but a fair amount of people still Triple Triad.

• Locked thread