Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

also the game is like 60gb so a lot of people on pc are probably still fuckin downloading it. i know i am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005

West007 posted:

I'm worried it's going to be 2000 spergs playing the game in 2 months time with no good lobbies.

If I were you I wouldn't purchase it then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Mac client for blops3 :(

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

West007 posted:

I'm worried it's going to be 2000 spergs playing the game in 2 months time with no good lobbies.

So every Cod launch+1 month

West007
Apr 21, 2013

It was fine up to, including BO2.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Every COD that I've bought since MW2 is a generally fun, ultimately short-lived experience. If I pay $60 for this I'll do so knowing full well that I'll have a good time with it for maybe 2-3 weeks and then maybe pick it back up again for a few days when an interesting map pack comes out. The idea of a single COD game getting me through an entire year or 6 months of gaming is insane but I'm jealous of those than can squeeze that much entertainment out of it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

Every COD that I've bought since MW2 is a generally fun, ultimately short-lived experience. If I pay $60 for this I'll do so knowing full well that I'll have a good time with it for maybe 2-3 weeks and then maybe pick it back up again for a few days when an interesting map pack comes out. The idea of a single COD game getting me through an entire year or 6 months of gaming is insane but I'm jealous of those than can squeeze that much entertainment out of it.

I know some people that can do that and it requires a completely insane competitive streak to do it. I knew one guy in college that only played Cod, would not play anything else, because he wanted to be The Best. These are the kind of people that will play the game not to have fun but with the intent of practicing.

Basically if you play CoD like you might play DOTA then it can stretch out, but it's not worth it

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Waiting on it because I'm stupid and ordered a physical copy. Maybe see you guys tonight?

Xbone gt is zombie boat

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Gonna run a co-op game tonight (11:00pm EST) if anyone is interested. I want to see what Trey has done with it since WaW.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
game is good and fun, I wish Javes didn't jump to the PS4 though, what a jerk

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Would love to play with some goons PS4
OprahsOrifice1

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

We need to have all the quotes of people saying this is a good game in the OP so we can see the same people saying it's poo poo in a month. How this happens every release is amazing.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

jabro posted:

We need to have all the quotes of people saying this is a good game in the OP so we can see the same people saying it's poo poo in a month. How this happens every release is amazing.

Did anyone like Ghosts to begin with? Single player was meh, but I thought multiplayer was atrocious.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Did anyone like Ghosts to begin with? Single player was meh, but I thought multiplayer was atrocious.

The only fun thing was running C4 + Riot Shield, as soon as they nerfed the Spoon Man Special it was dull and boring.

My game just finished installing, I look forward to playing with you guys for the next month.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I still play Ghosts. It's a great game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So which guns are the most OP so I can get a bunch of undeserved kills.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Extinction is Ghost's only saving grace.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I had fun Ground Waring in Ghosts last night preblops launch. It's not the best COD, it just got stale and I think franchise fatigue was really starting to settle in for me.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is ghosts the one that has literally the same ending as mw2

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I bought this lovely game on xbone which means you have about a week to play with me before i become one of those tossers who doesn't ever play again

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jabro posted:

I actually can't recall a Call of Duty where I hated it after a month. I loved Advanced Warfare, but I hated Ghosts right away. Black Ops II was really good as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghosts was genuinely fun until they nerfed the Spoon Man Fun Having System.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am missing having a few giant open maps with structures in between

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nighthand posted:

I didn't play in the beta even though I downloaded it. How relevant are the character special abilities? Also, what are they?

Ever play Destiny? Its kinda like that, its a super basically, a few are one shot kills like the sparrow(bow), annihilator(big rear end handcannon), war machine(nade launcher), others are defensive in nature like a wallhack and armor that protects you from body shots temporarily(but not headshots or explosives) and some that are clearly designed to break up places a group might be holding/camping.

Just pick whomever you think looks cool.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

DangerDongs posted:

I am missing having a few giant open maps with structures in between

Your username is the password to my router

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CaptainJuan posted:

Your username is the password to my router

Hacked confirmed.

Browser history downloading......
downloaded....
Poon files redacted....
poo poo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So which sound mix is the one that doesn't completely suck rear end?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Evil Canadian posted:

In beta it was the burst fire AR. They nerfed it a bit and it was still OP.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah this

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Evil Canadian posted:

Gorgon (LMG) with a grip. No recoil, 2 shot kill. It is like the unnerfed Auto-FAL in BLOPS2

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think Supercrunch is supposed to be the BlOps equivalent of War Tapes in Battlefield but I could be wrong about that.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Meta Ridley posted:

Gorgon (LMG) with a grip. No recoil, 2 shot kill. It is like the unnerfed Auto-FAL in BLOPS2

Thiiiis. The Gorgon is a little absurd right now. Two hit kill and a fiddy round mag? Don't mind if I do.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The super-abilities are kind of weird to me from a game play standpoint, since Cods whole multilayer game is based around racking up kills to get streaks to rain down death.

Everyone hated Martyrdom because it was a BS streak-breaker, now having wall hacks and super armor seems to be just an extension of that

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mr E posted:

Yeah this

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think Supercrunch is supposed to be the BlOps equivalent of War Tapes in Battlefield but I could be wrong about that.

Everything sounds kinda wimpy and randomly scattered throughout the sound stage. Maybe it'll get better with super crunch. Sound is #1 for me in shooters so it's definitely a letdown coming from the great gun sounds in AW. Everything else about the game is way better at least.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Just picked up my copy. Will be home in a bit to play.

PSN:BostonZombie

mostkillingest
Nov 21, 2002
Steam- mostkillingest

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Gorgon needs a nerf, its a 2 shot to the body.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have never owned a Call of Duty game and I kind of want to get this one.

What is wrong with me? Am I broken? :ohdear:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Gorgon needs a nerf, its a 2 shot to the body.

That's exactly what the in game text says it does... what's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Somebody on psn invite me already so I can stop playing with the endless parade of wallhacks.

• Locked thread