Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Speedball posted:

Yeah, annoyingly, some of the perks are just number increases. However... Some of the perks seem really crazy and game-changing, like ejecting your used-up power cores as grenades, Terminator 3 style? That's awesome.

Traits aren't in this game, are they? Handicapping yourself for a strange and cool bonus was always neat, it'd be sad if it was gone.

No, and neither is Weird Wasteland or equivalent, since that was a NV thing. I wonder if that means the wacky trippy stuff just isnt there, or whether it scales on luck, or what.

I'm a heretic who likes 3 over NV for teh most part but TAKE DRUGS! KILL A BEAR! was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

so i got a pretty sweet melee/gun hybrid build going is there a cool anime guy (or gal!) that uses a gun and katana

e: i want to name my guy after them

rap music fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 6, 2015

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

I get the FBI anti piracy warning splash page, but do our law enforcement officers now pair that up with forlorn violin music for dramatic effect? (cinema sins DING)

in the source code the pic is 'rip.jpg' and the audio is 'rip.mp3' so I think no

also think this is an active stream

http://instagib.tv/ayylmaolol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Generation Internet posted:

also think this is an active stream

http://instagib.tv/ayylmaolol

What... a streamer that's good at the video game?

e: Never mind, I guess that was just a lucky streak.

sk8bored
May 23, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Can you have multiple names? Like first and last? I know it's not original but I would really like to be John Fallout.

John Bigboote would be my choice.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

rap music posted:

so i got a pretty sweet melee/gun hybrid build going is there a cool anime guy (or gal!) that uses a gun and katana

e: i want to name my guy after them

Wait, are you playing now?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Honestly, I really hated the perk tree in Skyrim, but other than the +damage perks I think that the Fallout 4 system is pretty good. I don't know why, maybe it's because skills always kind of sucked.

It definitely was annoying to make sure you were carrying a gun that could not only take down the level scaling enemies that you cam up against, but also utilized your stronger weapon skill so its stats weren't poo poo. But I can almost hear the people that will swear this game is a monstrosity because it isn't fallout 3 furiously typing on how it betrayed the better fallout fundamentals of 2008. If Obsidian were to make another game they'd have to eat that hate double-fold when those types of folk would likely latch onto Fallout: New Canaan/Babylon/Another Van Buren with the hope that the jank of the past would come back and then react worse when they didn't get a return to the glory of Fallout 1's time limit.

As for Traits, I don't think anyone saw that in character customization so they may be gone all together. Maybe they show up just in Survival mode or something, but it's odd that no leaks even covered them if they were in 4.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Holy poo poo the lip syncing is so bad it would almost be better if they were just flapping their mouths. I hope the stream's audio is off because lmbo.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Apparition posted:

Wait, are you playing now?

oh nah just theorycrafting builds

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Holy poo poo the lip syncing is so bad it would almost be better if they were just flapping their mouths. I hope the stream's audio is off because lmbo.

aaand now he's attacking friendly NPCs just for shits and giggles. Moving on.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Fish Fry Andy posted:

It is, noticeably. The sync isn't great to begin with, but it's not -this- bad.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Preloading up yet?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Bob NewSCART posted:

Preloading up yet?

According to some website I've never heard of, its starting this afternoon.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Doctor Butts posted:

According to some website I've never heard of, its starting this afternoon.

I think that Pete Hines(?) said that the GMG keys are going out the same day as the preload, so I think that there's a good chance that it is in a few hours.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Bob NewSCART posted:

Preloading up yet?

Yeah, my Xbox version is preloading now. I deleted the placeholder and re-installed and it's going slow this time so it appears to be the real game and not a fake 30GB file that insta-installs.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

drat, you get a full suit of power armor really early, huh. I'm guessing it's a case of "preview level generosity" and after you help out the guys it's outta gas.

Instead of looking at your wrist Pipboy you get a different Heads-Up Display for your menu while in power armor. Rad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Yeah, the game uses Steam, there isn't any Uplay bullshit going on.

As for that site, I'm not sure if it's legit but personally if I have to ask "Is this site legit?" then it isn't worth the risk.

If you want to save some money just use GMG's 20% coupon, it's only like $5 more and you don't have to worry about your credit card or steam account being stolen.

whats this coupon?? It's two posts above you dummy!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Fish Fry Andy posted:

:gary: PAAAaaarp

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
That streamer is great and lol at the Deathclaw just tossing you and your power armor like a sack of trash

edit: he healed dogmeat and immediately minigunned him :v:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Speedball posted:

drat, you get a full suit of power armor really early, huh. I'm guessing it's a case of "preview level generosity" and after you help out the guys it's outta gas.

You don't lose access to it. You just have to earn/find fuel for it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Speedball posted:

Instead of looking at your wrist Pipboy you get a different Heads-Up Display for your menu while in power armor. Rad.

Oh god finally, that sounds awesome as poo poo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Speedball posted:

All the streamers stopped using power armor after that tutorial segment because they didn't have enough fusion cores so you're completely right. I think the hatenewspapers streamer actually had a stockpile but then he's too dumb to use power armor.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Shooting your dog on purpose is too loving far I hope bethesda nukes this guy with lawyers.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Lakbay posted:

All the streamers stopped using power armor after that tutorial segment because they didn't have enough fusion cores so you're completely right. I think the hatenewspapers streamer actually had a stockpile but then he's too dumb to use power armor.

yeah he had like 11 cores at one point but I don't think he ever actually bothered to make a full suit

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

cheesetriangles posted:

Shooting your dog on purpose is too loving far I hope bethesda nukes this guy with lawyers.

This is why you get the Inspirational perk to make sure friendly fire doesn't happen from you or your buddy.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
I really hope I can make a bizarre house of mirrors as my HQ.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Panderfringe posted:

I really hope I can make a bizarre house of mirrors as my HQ.

Do mirrors work?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

cheesetriangles posted:

Do mirrors work?

No, because they aren't real.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, wow, individual quests have their own animated icons too. That's pretty neat.

fake edit: can't really stand to watch much more of this clown, though. Teabagging dogmeat while naked, the height of comedy.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
On that stream the guy was making Dogmeat dance by crouching and then standing up.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Nice. Can't wait to hoard useless trash and spend hours agonizing over inconsequential poo poo .

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Related to needing power cores to run power armor, one thing I'm kinda worried about is needing to find poo poo for upgrades. I can see the idea of "Ok I need to find a toothbrush, a piece of duct tape, and a can of red paint, hope I find them in the random loot" thing becoming wearing after a while.

Like, repair kits in New Vegas were so good that you started stockpiling all the otherwise-vendor-trash stuff in advance, because if you didn't (and sometimes, even if you did). you had to go on a Hunt For Some Goddamned Wonderglue.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I hope it's possible to use power armor, perpetually, forever. Why would you use anything else?

There's references in the pip boy app code to a quest for a superior fusion core so you might be able to unlock that later.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

A tooltip said you can still use it even without fusion cores, but you'll be way slower and can't use VATS.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

MisterBibs posted:

Like, repair kits in New Vegas were so good that you started stockpiling all the otherwise-vendor-trash stuff in advance, because if you didn't (and sometimes, even if you did). you had to go on a Hunt For Some Goddamned Wonderglue.

This is why God Chris Avellone gave us Muggy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Please don't steal the carriages from the store.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

This is why God Chris Avellone gave us Muggy.

Not it's why you got infinite weapon repair kits from dead money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
IM CRAZY SHOPPING CART HEAD MAN! NOW GIMME SOME CANDY!

• Locked thread