Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

MisterBibs posted:

Related to needing power cores to run power armor, one thing I'm kinda worried about is needing to find poo poo for upgrades. I can see the idea of "Ok I need to find a toothbrush, a piece of duct tape, and a can of red paint, hope I find them in the random loot" thing becoming wearing after a while.

Like, repair kits in New Vegas were so good that you started stockpiling all the otherwise-vendor-trash stuff in advance, because if you didn't (and sometimes, even if you did). you had to go on a Hunt For Some Goddamned Wonderglue.

I think it'll actually be much better, because instead of needing the exact wonderglue/paint-gun/whatever that always meant I never made anything in the last game, you just need resources that you can scrap from junk. Wonderglue and duct-tape give you adhesive, tin cans give you metal, stuff like that.

Also, streamer now running around with a shopping cart on his head. GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
This guy is loving poo poo at games

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
For minmax sperglords, it looks like you can get the perception and charisma bobbleheads like 3 minutes into the game once you finish all the mandatory beginning stuff.

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 6, 2015

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Are we all actually this bad at video games and there's just no one watching us on a stream???

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

cheesetriangles posted:

Not it's why you got infinite weapon repair kits from dead money.

We're talking Wonderglue here. If we were meant to just shove cigarettes and clothes into a machine that spits out weapon repair kits then we wouldn't have been given Muggy :colbert:

Now Stimpaks on the other hand, I think I had over 200 or more by the end of Dead Money.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

MisterBibs posted:

Related to needing power cores to run power armor, one thing I'm kinda worried about is needing to find poo poo for upgrades. I can see the idea of "Ok I need to find a toothbrush, a piece of duct tape, and a can of red paint, hope I find them in the random loot" thing becoming wearing after a while.

Like, repair kits in New Vegas were so good that you started stockpiling all the otherwise-vendor-trash stuff in advance, because if you didn't (and sometimes, even if you did). you had to go on a Hunt For Some Goddamned Wonderglue.

Looking at Scrapper you'll get more likely material drops from certain items, but I doubt one item will be the only source of copper or cloth or nuclear materials. We also don't know how many different or new junk weapons here are so you might be stockpiling poo poo for different reasons than just getting as many sources of iron as you can.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You were meant to install the mod that sends the 1000 free chip vouchers to the sink and then use the sink vending machine to get all your weapon repair kits.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Generation Internet posted:

I think it'll actually be much better, because instead of needing the exact wonderglue/paint-gun/whatever that always meant I never made anything in the last game, you just need resources that you can scrap from junk. Wonderglue and duct-tape give you adhesive, tin cans give you metal, stuff like that.

Yeah, I recall reading about how you break down poo poo into resources, I'm just worried that finding enough resources will be a minor pain-in-the-rear end. I guess it'll come down to how much variation there is in Junk -> Specific Resource. Like, if four things produce Item X, it'll be a lot less annoying than having to seek out just one or two things.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was always teased by that paint-gun, I want it to be a real thing in F4

Post apocalyptic splatoon is what I'm after

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Lakbay posted:

For minmax sperglords, it looks like you can get the perception and charisma bobbleheads like 3 minutes into the game once you finish all the mandatory beginning stuff.

People are already figuring out bobblehead locations so I'm taking that into consideration by creating a starting build that is one point fewer than I would like it to be.

For instance, this build is reliant on finding each of the SPECIAL stat bobbleheads: http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=3&p=4&e=1&c=1&i=4&a=9&l=6

I really want to play stealthy melee but this build should be able to effectively use any weapon type, with the exception of radiation guns.

rap music fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 6, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bedshaped posted:

I was always teased by that paint-gun, I want it to be a real thing in F4

Post apocalyptic splatoon is what I'm after

Splatoon is post-apocalyptic

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
It just struck me that (at least until mods are implemented) this game won't have Hardcore mode and that makes me sad

My only serious beef with the Bethesda take on Fallout (besides hamfisted EMOTION writing and unmemorable characters) is the assumption that literally every PC is expected to be a killing machine. F:NV was fun and interesting for me becuase my first build was all charisma, intelligence and sneaking. I had to think through every encounter and plan ahead on every trip (was also playing hardcore) until about mid/late game, even then my stock of decent armor piercing weapons was suspect. I build up my improvised explosives talents to make up for that deficit.

Made it a way more interesting game to me. I suspect my 2-4 strength character will be carrying 46 rockets and 900 energy cells in his James Bond pockets like in F3 with no weight penalty, which just feels weird to me.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

It just struck me that (at least until mods are implemented) this game won't have Hardcore mode and that makes me sad

My only serious beef with the Bethesda take on Fallout (besides hamfisted EMOTION writing and unmemorable characters) is the assumption that literally every PC is expected to be a killing machine. F:NV was fun and interesting for me becuase my first build was all charisma, intelligence and sneaking. I had to think through every encounter and plan ahead on every trip (was also playing hardcore) until about mid/late game, even then my stock of decent armor piercing weapons was suspect. I build up my improvised explosives talents to make up for that deficit.

Made it a way more interesting game to me. I suspect my 2-4 strength character will be carrying 46 rockets and 900 energy cells in his James Bond pockets like in F3 with no weight penalty, which just feels weird to me.

There's a Survivor mode which is the same as hardcore?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

< GREAT NEWS >

THIS IS FINE

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

WastedJoker posted:

Apparently no it isn't.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

WastedJoker posted:

It's not. Survivor is just the name of the highest difficulty setting. It doesn't track food/water/sleep or anything of that sort.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Did that guy just orgasm-moan during that animation!>?!?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Valatar posted:

< awful news >

this blows

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Valatar posted:

It's not. Survivor is just the name of the highest difficulty setting. It doesn't track food/water/sleep or anything of that sort.

so it just makes enemies bullet sponges?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
edit: whoops wrong thread!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

WastedJoker posted:

All Survivor mode does is penalize the amount of health you regenerate when sleeping in a bed.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

afkmacro posted:

Allegedly it impacts the AI as well.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bought the dang thing with that coupon. Brings it a little bit closer to what I feel I should pay for a brand new game. Anyway, can't wait to spend 100 hours before realizing I hate it all along.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

afkmacro posted:

'Increases appearance of legendary enemies and weapons'

Knowing Bethesda I'm going with 'yes'

I don't really get why this is their second game with a fully fledged cooking system but not even the option for an actual 'hardcore' mode.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What stream are we all watching?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I don't care that much for a needs system but it will be DLC I bet

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I'm not sure if any are live right now.

The HATENEWSPAPERS streamer is in a chat on an old stream though, says the FBI takedown is a joke and he's just waiting for Streamcountry admins to get on to put up the new stream.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Valatar posted:

It doesn't track food/water/sleep or anything of that sort.

I think because even in mods that always was a bad system. It was always either stat bonuses that you have to babysit too much or else sim style meters that you have to tend to every few minutes without much interesting gameplay. Like it only really works in the mods that make it a totally different style of game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What stream are we all watching?

We aren't anymore! The guy we were just watching is dead now too!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Speedball posted:

Traits aren't in this game, are they? Handicapping yourself for a strange and cool bonus was always neat, it'd be sad if it was gone.

They removed bloody mess.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tenzarin posted:

No, that is the luck level 3 perk

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Tenzarin posted:

Isn't it just a Luck perk now?

edit:beaten. Guess my luck wasn't high enough.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Tenzarin posted:

No they didn't, it's now a perk that does the explody thing and also gives a flat damage bonus. At the top level enemies exploding actually does damage to other enemies and it can chain.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

I want this game even if the lipsynching is bad.

Something something John Fallout (I posted in the wrong thread)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

No, that is the luck level 3 perk

Timespy posted:

Isn't it just a Luck perk now?

edit:beaten. Guess my luck wasn't high enough.

JoshTheStampede posted:

No they didn't, it's now a perk that does the explody thing and also gives a flat damage bonus. At the top level enemies exploding actually does damage to other enemies and it can chain.

It was removed as a trait.

Wow people you need to chillax, its cool the game is releasing soon.

Theres alot of anger here.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

All that matters is if Sex Appeal is in the game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tenzarin posted:

You need to calm down about just noticing something that happened all the way back in Fallout 3.

If people really want it, I'm sure there will be a trait mod.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i like to play as myself so i'm definitely sticking with 1 CHR

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Tenzarin posted:

None of those quotes were angry, dude, especially for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can't wait for the dropkick murpheys mod.

• Locked thread