Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

blarzgh posted:

You aren't allowed to mention race at all until GBS has added you to the "approved" list based on your level of whiterage.

Whom died and made GBS king?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

VendaGoat posted:

Whom died and made GBS king?

Humor.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Coredump posted:

Trying way to hard here.

Also for my recent purchase I just preordered the Steam controller on Amazon.

Can't imagine the situation where I'd want to use this instead of a kb/m or a 360 controller.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

It's gotta have a better d-pad than the 360 controller.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Can't imagine the situation where I'd want to use this instead of a kb/m or a 360 controller.

I have a feeling you'll probably be right. But I want to check it out. Worse comes to worse I pass it off on someone on SA-Mart.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007

plus got my upper/lower receivers and hand guard coated

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

BgRdMchne posted:

It's gotta have a better d-pad than the 360 controller.

Yeah, I don't get why people still use the 360 controller on the PC. It's complete poo poo. The XBO controller isn't perfect, but it is far, far better than the 360 one. The PS4/WiiU are far better if you don't use Windows 10 (and even there you just have to deal with the wonkiness of Exclusive mode). My Steam controller hasn't yet arrived, but I'm excited for the flexibility it seems to provide. The 360 controller is pretty much in the bottom third of all-time-controller charts for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really disagree. I find the PS controllers very difficult to use for a long time.

Thank god we have so many options for different people.

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice

prinneh posted:

Buy the more expensive malaria pills, some of the cheap ones can gently caress you up. If you have to bring your own netting, get one thats treated with something that keeps the bugs away. Also mozzie netting is very romantic, so just enjoy it :) Maybe consider buying and bringing your own snorkling gear, get the snorkels with a blow vent or whatever they're called and don't forget flippers!

I've been to Kenya before, but it was many years ago, I envy you and I hope this holiday gives your wife some much needed cheer and relaxation. It's a fantastic place, good food, good people. You should try to do a little safari, the animals there are beautiful and so are the national parks. Or heck, go for a ride in a hot air balloon. Next time I'm going to Kenya it'll be to climb the mountain, goddamnit this is a good purchase and honestly the only thing I've seen in this thread that I'd want.

Edit: I forgot - If you're leaving the resort at all, say to do a bit of tourist shopping, you should bring some cheap disposable pens or pencils and give them out to kids. They use them for school and most schools lack supplies, so they'll be glad to have them.

Meanwhile here autumn is well and truly underway and it's getting cold, so I got myself a new jacket to replace my Fjallraven Greenland jacket/parka, because everybody is wearing these here now. When I got it a few years ago they weren't so popular and the run was limited, but now I even see kids wearing them, so I've had to give it up, because wearing it makes me feel like a stooge. So when this was on halloween/samhain sale yesterday I picked it up:

Thanks much for the tips. I've been to Kenya before, specifically the Masai Mara where I arranged for a hot air balloon ride Christmas morning over the preserve, ending with a champagne breakfast expertly prepared while a few people with high powered rifles kept lookout for lions and such (obviously we set down in an area clear of any wildlife but still, be prepared I guess). It was beautiful and I absolutely want to go back and do the safari again, might have to arrange a game drive one of the days we are at the resort.

And for malaria pills? Absolutely, Malarone is the best option and we'll be getting those as for other trips I had taken Mefloquine and that has some incredibly powerful side effects especially if you consume alcohol. And I did not know about the pens, we'll have to take along those and some other things to give out if we go into town for the day. And I'm sure the resort we are going to has a charity or local contacts that perhaps we can just arrange for some school supplies to be shipped or purchased.

Again, great tips.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Malaria pills are for pussies

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Just drink gin and tonics nonstop. Or better yet just a ton of gin.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A pin:

Some candy for my friend's birthday:

And a votive candle for another friend for Christmas:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would send salty licorice to my enemies

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Mu Zeta posted:

I would send salty licorice to my enemies

Is that a euphemism?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Just drink gin and tonics nonstop. Or better yet just a ton of gin.

So yeah, that's advice from when tonic water had a higher amount of quinine. It doesn't have nearly enough to have any medicinal or repellant affect.
So definitely just stick with the gin.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Decius posted:

Yeah, I don't get why people still use the 360 controller on the PC. It's complete poo poo. The XBO controller isn't perfect, but it is far, far better than the 360 one. The PS4/WiiU are far better if you don't use Windows 10 (and even there you just have to deal with the wonkiness of Exclusive mode). My Steam controller hasn't yet arrived, but I'm excited for the flexibility it seems to provide. The 360 controller is pretty much in the bottom third of all-time-controller charts for me.

It just works

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

It just works

Exactly. Plus until the Dual Shock 4 came out it was leagues better than the competition.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

cyberia posted:

A pin:

Some candy for my friend's birthday:

And a votive candle for another friend for Christmas:

:allears:

2 concert tickets:

Neon Indian (Sunday night)

and Yob (next Friday)

Also paid my car note and paid off a ticket I got just under 2 months ago.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Where do people find these super obscure shops/sellers that only have like 1 or 2 things up for sale?

I recently got into collecting moral patches (and I already liked collecting pins thanks to Penny Arcade), and I'd really like to find more shops that sell them. Mostly to try and find something other than mildly racist, right wing, "high speed, low blood sugar" style mall operator shops that also happen to have a few cool nerd designs.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Crain posted:

Where do people find these super obscure shops/sellers that only have like 1 or 2 things up for sale?

I recently got into collecting moral patches (and I already liked collecting pins thanks to Penny Arcade), and I'd really like to find more shops that sell them. Mostly to try and find something other than mildly racist, right wing, "high speed, low blood sugar" style mall operator shops that also happen to have a few cool nerd designs.

It takes a lot of work (and wading through advertising e-mails) to be a consumer hipster.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Crain posted:

Don't know if you already know this store, but Mil-spec Monkey has about a dozen interesting and non-douchebag designs under the Girl-Friendly and Pin-Up sections

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I just spent 99 dollars on the PS4 version of COD: Black Ops 3 and the thing is near unplayable because of graphics glitches. Good purchase.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

I just spent 99 dollars on the PS4 version of COD: Black Ops 3 and the thing is near unplayable because of graphics glitches. Good purchase.

your first problem is you bought a console and your second is you bought a call of duty game

it's not too late to reevaluate your life choices man

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crain posted:

I put "Dick Wolf" into Google and after 4 or 5 pages, bam.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Murphy Brownback posted:

99 bucks for a video game? What toy is included in that version?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

your first problem is you bought a console and your second is you bought a call of duty game

it's not too late to reevaluate your life choices man

Console gaming is better than PC any day

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

TotalLossBrain posted:

99 bucks for a video game? What toy is included in that version?

It includes all the map packs they release over the next year until next november when they release another where I'll probably pay another 100 dollars.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Murphy Brownback posted:

It includes all the map packs they release over the next year until next november when they release another where I'll probably pay another 100 dollars.

Nice consumerism bro

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Crain posted:

@patchgame on instagram is a good starting point.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What do people do with these patches? Are denim jackets covered in patches a thing again?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

cyberia posted:

@patchgame on instagram is a good starting point.

That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the tip.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What do people do with these patches? Are denim jackets covered in patches a thing again?

I just collect them. So I have a book shelf with one side covered with velcro that I slap them on. Also swap them around on my backpack.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Quote not edit.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a motorcycle jacket that has a rectangle of velcro on each shoulder. They aren't recent purchases, but one side is the Gadsden flag, the other is the New California Republic (Fallout) flag.

They're both awesome.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I have a cutoff denim vest with several patches, studs on one shoulder, and a variety of pins, my favorite being just a picture of Larry David. I don't wear it as often as I should. Also I don't know what to put on the back...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

I have a cutoff denim vest with several patches, studs on one shoulder, and a variety of pins, my favorite being just a picture of Larry David. I don't wear it as often as I should. Also I don't know what to put on the back...

Well I'd say a big patch that says "DISREGARD ME" but the vest already says that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Gadsden flag ... New California Republic

They're both awesome.

False.

PCOS Bill posted:

Well I'd say a big patch that says "DISREGARD ME" but the vest already says that.

:ironicat:

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I have a motorcycle jacket that has a rectangle of velcro on each shoulder. They aren't recent purchases, but one side is the Gadsden flag, the other is the New California Republic (Fallout) flag.

They're both awesome.

jesus dude, you want to tell us you drink piss weak beer and beat your wife in your trailer for the redneck bingo?

i had steak bought for me, then i cooked it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CancerCakes posted:

jesus dude, you want to tell us you drink piss weak beer and beat your wife in your trailer for the redneck bingo?

i had steak bought for me, then i cooked it

I don't drink alcohol or abuse my wife in the house I own free and clear.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

the opposite of the american dream

I bought a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

nice, what did you buy today?

gun or penis compensation item