Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Until this picture, I didn't appreciate just how big that cat is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Funzo posted:

Until this picture, I didn't appreciate just how big that cat is.

Yeah he looks to be quite the big one, we still need a picture of him with a Banana for scale though

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My friend's cat has evolved a bit.

He used to eat about half a can of food, go sit for a bit, go take a dump, and then go back to eating.

NOW, he sees him grabbing the can of food, so he immediately heads to the litter box to make sure there's room for num nums.

He's learning :catstare:

Pff, I knew a dog who was WAY smarter. I had to go over and feed a friend of the family's dogs while their owner was away for the day. They were hungry, but they were also lonely and wanted attention. I'm sat down a few metres away from their food bowls. One of them kept running back and forth between me and the food bowl, snatching a mouthful of food here and a petting there. The other one was the smart one, and dragged his food bowl over towards me so I could pet him while he ate. Clever dog.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Flip to 7:15 to see a Butterscotch cat trying to get out of a bathtub. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxS5E-kZc2s

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah he looks to be quite the big one, we still need a picture of him with a Banana for scale though

You meanie, why would you want to traumatize the poor animal? :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjReLsq5DM

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My heart can't take the cute...

Dik dik

Zero One has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Nov 7, 2015

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh my god, it's smiling at me :kimchi: :3: :tem:

Eodoin
Dec 3, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

You meanie, why would you want to traumatize the poor animal? :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjReLsq5DM

So the lesson here is you can compare Butterscotch's size to a banana but with out the peel?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Nordick posted:

Oh god that weird chittering meow :kimchi:

Here's another video from the heavy metal cover guy Leo Moracchioli, again featuring his adorable little daughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaULR6g-EJY

Such awesome feelgood stuff :)

I think my favorite part of those videos is when he's playing on that teeny-tiny drum set. :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
So either Butterscotch misses me, or my pants are just that awesome.

Also, not perfect for scale, but here he is next to some relatively small feet:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Chili posted:

Also, not perfect for scale, but here he is next to some relatively small feet:

He's such an outstanding animal.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

If you decide not to keep butterscotch, I will :3:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

anotherblownsave posted:

If you decide not to keep butterscotch, I will :3:

Good to know!

We've decided that we'll make the call before November ends, we keep on going back and forth on it. If we do end up deciding to adopt him out, we'd both really like to do so through this thread. You have all been so awesome and supportive and we'd really like for the updates to keep on happening even if he does get a new forever home. So if you're reading this, and you're interested, keep it in mind but don't necessarily get your hopes up.

Instead, enjoy Butterscotch making some biscuits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkrrSXggiA

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slime posted:

Clever dog.
Was at a party once where a friend and I stayed up so late we watched the sun go up. The host's dog woke up and joined us and started fishing for pets; sat real close, shoved his head under our hands, and so on. After a while he trotted off and I joked, you watch, he thinks he's softened us up now so we'll take him for a walk. A minute later my buddy taps me on the shoulder and there's the drat dog looking at us with his leash in his mouth.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Chili posted:

Good to know!

We've decided that we'll make the call before November ends, we keep on going back and forth on it. If we do end up deciding to adopt him out, we'd both really like to do so through this thread. You have all been so awesome and supportive and we'd really like for the updates to keep on happening even if he does get a new forever home. So if you're reading this, and you're interested, keep it in mind but don't necessarily get your hopes up.

Instead, enjoy Butterscotch making some biscuits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkrrSXggiA

We also decided we'd keep a foster pet through the end of November before deciding whether or not to keep him.

That was three years ago. Enjoy your new cat.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
On the other side: I do foster coordinating for a rescue and while I like foster fails because it means that the animal has found a happy home. But I have one foster home that is wonderfully committed to fostering animals no matter how long it takes for them to find the perfect family because then they can lee fostering for us.

Love dat basketball cat though.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

We also decided we'd keep a foster pet through the end of November before deciding whether or not to keep him.

That was three years ago. Enjoy your new cat.

Everyone says this to us all the time, but we've fostered a dozen or so animals so far and have been really disciplined about it. We've thought about keeping some, but we always do give ourselves the space to be smart about it.

Now, Butterscotch is clearly a special kinda dude, but giving him up would actually be easier than dog I gave up. I lost so many nights of sleep over that. I'm such a softie in fact that I haven't been willing to foster a dog ever since we gave him up, it just broke me up too much.

Cats are way easier. So anyway, we'll make the call and we'll see. As it is right now, he and our forever cat aren't quite where I'd want them to be before we make that kind of commitment.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Everyone says this to us all the time, but we've fostered a dozen or so animals so far and have been really disciplined about it. We've thought about keeping some, but we always do give ourselves the space to be smart about it.

Now, Butterscotch is clearly a special kinda dude, but giving him up would actually be easier than dog I gave up. I lost so many nights of sleep over that. I'm such a softie in fact that I haven't been willing to foster a dog ever since we gave him up, it just broke me up too much.

Cats are way easier. So anyway, we'll make the call and we'll see. As it is right now, he and our forever cat aren't quite where I'd want them to be before we make that kind of commitment.

You're really super sensible about what is clearly a difficult decision to make, kudos for that.

Butterscotch looks like you could poke him and it'd take a couple minutes him to go back to his normal shape

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
You're probably not in California, huh? I've been thinking about getting a cat since my childhood pet, my 13 year old pit bull Coco, went to the great sock pile in the sky :unsmith:

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Animal buddies!

http://imgur.com/2ZBuGhb.gifv (supposedly this is something they do when they feel perfectly safe)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Mocking Bird posted:

You're probably not in California, huh? I've been thinking about getting a cat since my childhood pet, my 13 year old pit bull Coco, went to the great sock pile in the sky :unsmith:

Nope. Sorry! We're in Maryland.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Chili posted:

Nope. Sorry! We're in Maryland.
I'm in Annapolis and maaaan, that's tempting. I'd love to have a third cat in the house, but one of ours is 13 and already hella fat, so I doubt that we could take another.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Night Danger Moose posted:

I'm in Annapolis and maaaan, that's tempting. I'd love to have a third cat in the house, but one of ours is 13 and already hella fat, so I doubt that we could take another.
do it

they could make fatpiles

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

doh

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Jagged Jim posted:

I think my favorite part of those videos is when he's playing on that teeny-tiny drum set. :kimchi:

Gotta follow that up with DMK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQSEvHdyjQ

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's cute and all but it's really giving me the urge to start the reactor and free mars.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Sat there going :pwn: for a good while before I realized what I was looking at. Stealthily adorable!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

boots with the fur (with the fur)
the whole club was looking at her

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

What a fatty boom batty.

I've got a 14lb cat, and he sounds like a sickly kitten all the time.

We play a game we invented: Toilet Paper Roll Leg

Still haven't finished this book.

Meetin' friends

Aw nertz

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

How has no one commented on this sublime work of art?

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

:perfect:

e- ^^ clearly I took the time to craft the most expressive of posts, thanks.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
This feels like an appropriate time to introduce a flash game I used to play several years ago that seems to be hosted on a ton of sites now.

Sushi Cat: The tale of a cat who needs to get fatter to follow his dreams.
https://games.yahoo.com/game/sushi-cat-flash.html

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Sent a poet etc. etc.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Have a compilation of dogs hassling playing with the cat

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpTPJF7zYwA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I always wonder how animals turn off the urge to seriously hurt or kill their annoying petbros

• Locked thread