Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

raditts posted:

I saw a Newegg ad this morning where they're bundling in a PS4 when you buy a certain monitor, which is one of the more unusual ones I've seen.

Any idea which monitor it was? I'm not really in the market for a new monitor but this has me curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

katkillad2 posted:

I've been a Nintendo fan all my life, but that Zombi U bundle with the pro controller that came out like a month after the launch of the Wii U still chaps my rear end. Basically lost $60 dollars for buying the thing at launch. The NX better be something special or I am going to be weary this time around and it might be the first Nintendo console/handheld I don't buy at launch.

Yeah... usually I am all in favor of getting a Nintendo console on release day because I know the first party games never go down in price. At most I end up waiting a year or two to save like $50, when I can just enjoy those games now for not much more.

I held off on a PS4 long enough that I got a decent bundle and am picking up the early games I wanted for a fraction of the price, or just finding them as easy rentals at the library for free because nobody wants them anymore.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fix posted:

good deal, apart from coming with an Xbox.

You've cracked the code.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Astro7x posted:

Yeah... usually I am all in favor of getting a Nintendo console on release day because I know the first party games never go down in price. At most I end up waiting a year or two to save like $50, when I can just enjoy those games now for not much more.

I held off on a PS4 long enough that I got a decent bundle and am picking up the early games I wanted for a fraction of the price, or just finding them as easy rentals at the library for free because nobody wants them anymore.

The library loans loving PS4 games?! (I still wouldn't bother)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Meijer has the 32GB Smash/Splatoon console bundle for $250: https://meijer.shoplocal.com/meijer/BrowseByPage?PromotionCode=Meijer-151127we&PageNumber=1&cmpid=LP:OLA:110415:sub2:BFAd&StoreID=2465819

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ddogflex posted:

The library loans loving PS4 games?! (I still wouldn't bother)
Mine has games for a bunch of systems, I beat Wind Waker HD on a rented copy.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I picked up a SM3DW and Nintendoland bundle for $300 a while back. That was a good deal.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Saoshyant posted:

I have seen many people out there throw in comparisons saying the U is the Nintendo Dreamcast, but to me, I've been thinking all along that it's Nintendo's Saturn and this image just now reinforces this like you wouldn't imagine. This is exactly how Sega of America was selling the Saturn in its final days, bundled with its more popular games.

Which means the NX will be Nintendo's Dreamcast with all that entails. Next year's gonna be pretty interesting.

I'd gladly take a Nintendo Dreamcast because the Dreamcast atleast had games

and to further draw the wii-u/saturn parallels the Saturn is best known for having two major RPG series on it. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sakura Wars. And that's it, almost everything else was not that good.

Also PS4 is 300-350 bucks at costco(depending on what bundle you want).

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'd gladly take a Nintendo Dreamcast because the Dreamcast atleast had games

and to further draw the wii-u/saturn parallels the Saturn is best known for having two major RPG series on it. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Sakura Wars. And that's it, almost everything else was not that good.

You take that back.
Guardian Heroes with the multi-tap is still one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Practically every Capcom fighting game had the best/only version on Saturn.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FPzero posted:

Any idea which monitor it was? I'm not really in the market for a new monitor but this has me curious.

It's one of those "ultra-wide" ones that are like 3 feet wide and can display two inputs on the same screen. I thought it was priced lower when I saw it earlier, but even so, when you factor out the price of the PS4, $550 for one of those monitors is a pretty good deal.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-24005635-S0H

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Holy moly, that's an incredible deal. Along with that 55" TV to play it on for another $250.

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, there was Rival Schools / Project Justice which I think were only on PS1 / Dreamcast respectively?
Although I'm not sure anyone actually played / liked that game besides me and that lovely 2000s emo band that named themselves after the game. I assume that's why they let the game die in that generation, anyway.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also PS4 is 300-350 bucks at costco(depending on what bundle you want).

That's pretty expensive for a PS3

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

saturn had fighters megamix, the saturn owns

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Plus $30 off your groceries with a coupon it says. $220 is not bad for that bundle at all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Rival Schools: United by Fate was PSX only and Project Justice was on the Dreamcast.

Alpha 3's best version was on the dreamcast and the Saturn version is ungodly expensive due to how low print the run was

Jojo's bizarre Adventure was on the DC

Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2 were on the DC not the saturn

I only have the second Dark Stalkers on the Saturn so I can't vouch for the quality of 1 and 3 for the Saturn since I got the PSX versions. and 2 was never released on the playstation.

So what are you talking about all the best Capcom fighters? All the best were on the Dreamcast and not the Saturn.

and then there was Cyberbots which remains the lone saturn exclusive, I bought a Saturn for this too.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I just picked up Skyward Sword off eBay and unexpectedly got the UAE/Saudi Arabia/Malaysia/Singapore version of the game. I was shocked to find it did work in my Wii U. Besides the unskippable Wii motion plus video (I don't remember this when I played the us version before) is there anything I should be aware of before leaving feedback?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
link might be arabic and named linku

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Astal, Clockwork Knight 1 & 2, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On, Die Hard Arcade, and Burning Rangers were also good Saturn game

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
saturn is the moist bitch planet for a reason

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Saturn also had 10-player Bomberman. I've got a soft spot for my Saturn, I eventually got the white version and one of those RAM expander/memory backup carts.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

McFunkerson posted:

I just picked up Skyward Sword off eBay and unexpectedly got the UAE/Saudi Arabia/Malaysia/Singapore version of the game. I was shocked to find it did work in my Wii U. Besides the unskippable Wii motion plus video (I don't remember this when I played the us version before) is there anything I should be aware of before leaving feedback?

I think that that version should be NTSC and have English, so you should be fine.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McFunkerson posted:

Just got the same thing off Amazon, finally replacing mine that was stolen when my house was burgled back when that have was new. The only Zelda I haven't finished other than Minish Cap and Oracle of Ages.

Odd box, but works fine.

Edit: I still miss my gold wiimote :smith:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jarogue posted:

Astal, Clockwork Knight 1 & 2, Cyber Troopers Virtual-On, Die Hard Arcade, and Burning Rangers were also good Saturn game

good luck getting Burning Rangers for a reasonable price.

also Dreamcast virtua On was better than the saturn version.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
If more people had bought the various Saturn/Dreamcast ports that came out on 360, Steam and PSN maybe we could have gotten a Burning Rangers HD release or a Skies of Arcadia port.

But some people just couldn't keep their anti-Nights sentiments to themselves.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

If more people had bought the various Saturn/Dreamcast ports that came out on 360, Steam and PSN maybe we could have gotten a Burning Rangers HD release or a Skies of Arcadia port.

But some people just couldn't keep their anti-Nights sentiments to themselves.

Hey now, at least they're making Shenmue III :shepspends:.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

good luck getting Burning Rangers for a reasonable price.

Worth every penny.
Or I guess you could be cheap and import.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jarogue posted:

Or I guess you could be cheap and import.

If only Japan did not double down on it's 18th century banking system.

Importing is a big pain in the rear end now, and much more expensive. Out of the 5 last things I imported 4 got sent back for vague reasons from customs and the seller had to ship them again.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Nov 8, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You should move to Japan.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

greatn posted:

It won't help, he can still post from there. :(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

codenameFANGIO posted:

It won't help, he can still post from there. :(

My only concern is his well-being and happiness

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No idea what the Reaper has been ordering, I've never had customs send anything I've imported from Japan back for any reason.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Me either, I guess some people just don't deserve anime games

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

taint reaper standing in the middle of an Akihabara street, back to the camera. his hand is on his scythe. tagline: a taint in the hand is worth ニ in the bush. 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Question about Project Zero; I noticed a whole string of blanked-out Costumes and Accessories at the chapter select screen, I take it completing the game's necessary to unlock any of those?

Also wow, Drop 8 was basically Five Nights at Hisoka's. Yuri must sleep like the dead to not be woken by a bright camera flash going off in quad-bursts repeatedly and Fuyuhi's ghost wailing about in her room at the same time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, if it's like the other games you have to finish it at least once to start unlocking stuff.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Man the Wiiu makes me depressed. Thanks Splatoon. Lonely children aside, the game is a blast.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I just got Splatoon this week. I'm enjoying it, but wondering when I'll start to get good. As a newbie I'm going to keep picking roller cause that seems the easiest way to grind points and I tried a charger and was godawful with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, if it's like the other games you have to finish it at least once to start unlocking stuff.

Figured as much. Out of curiosity, are the accessories just decorative doodad extras, or more the "you do more damage/die in one hit while soaking wet" type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

If only Japan did not double down on it's 18th century banking system.

Importing is a big pain in the rear end now, and much more expensive. Out of the 5 last things I imported 4 got sent back for vague reasons from customs and the seller had to ship them again.

Guess $40-$60 bucks is to rich for your blood, Reaper.

• Locked thread