Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I've heard them talk about just walking around and deciding to go see a movie, any movie, which is frankly a baffling practice to me. I never go see a film in theaters unless I've planned to or someone asks me and I've got a reasonable interest in the film/they promise to get me trashed.
I grew up a few minutes walk from a small movie theater, so I would wander down there on dull nights as a teenager. Sometimes I had a movie in mind, sometimes I didn't. And that's how I ended up seeing Stealth on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

DoombatINC posted:

I grew up a few minutes walk from a small movie theater, so I would wander down there on dull nights as a teenager. Sometimes I had a movie in mind, sometimes I didn't. And that's how I ended up seeing Stealth on the big screen.

Living near theaters seems to lead to dark, dark things.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

PUGGERNAUT posted:

It's weird that We Hate Movies comes across as so much less mean spirited. You wouldn't think so from the title, but they're very good about pointing out when things actually DO work, even in a lovely movie. The only one that I remember them passionately hating was North, which is probably justified.

Less mean spirited than whom? The people on HDTGM always seem like they're having a blast to me and enjoy parts of virtually every movie they do.

I've heard them talk about just walking around and deciding to go see a movie, any movie, which is frankly a baffling practice to me. I never go see a film in theaters unless I've planned to or someone asks me and I've got a reasonable interest in the film/they promise to get me trashed.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. But that's the irony: They Love Movies.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Living near theaters seems to lead to dark, dark things.

On the plus side, that's also how I first saw xXx: State of the Union, which became one of my favorite good-bad movies of all time.

I think I even saw a good movie there once or twice, too!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

I've heard them talk about just walking around and deciding to go see a movie, any movie, which is frankly a baffling practice to me.
Didn't they (or at least a few of them) also work at a theater together for years?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Can I just say the most egregious thing about HDTGM to me is that their new theme song is too long, and worse than their old one.

Which was also too long, and poo poo.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mhhh...Cold Burger King.

Also, know what sounds like a good idea becaus eof the WHM crew? A movie/book/whatever about a bastard son of 007.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Mhhh...Cold Burger King.

Also, know what sounds like a good idea becaus eof the WHM crew? A movie/book/whatever about a bastard son of 007.
James Bond Jr. kind of sucked tho.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was hoping this meant a future addressing of the Woody Allen Bond

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

BigRed0427 posted:

Mhhh...Cold Burger King.

There's no way Bond only has one bastard. At minimum there has to be like half a dozen out there at this point.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I was hoping this meant a future addressing of the Woody Allen Bond

Oh god, that movie was...something. I did enjoy the David Niven bits at the beginning, but once it got into Woody Allen and everyone being bond, it just turned into a clusterfuck.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Great returns of Working Class Shark and the Horse from Pippi Longstocking.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Excited about my weekend plans to watch King Ralph and No Country for Old Men and eat 2 BK meals. Think I'll do the Chicken Fries and then a Whopper.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Sounds less like a "challenge" and more like a "Saturday" to me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

De Nomolos posted:

Excited about my weekend plans to watch King Ralph and No Country for Old Men and eat 2 BK meals. Think I'll do the Chicken Fries and then a Whopper.

Which one will you eat first, and which one will be delectably ice cold?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Which one will you eat first, and which one will be delectably ice cold?

To be a true Bond meal they both have to be.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
God the episodes when they want to talk about anything but the lovely movie are the best. King Ralph tangent was the best.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

God the episodes when they want to talk about anything but the lovely movie are the best. King Ralph tangent was the best.

The best is still the tangent about Star Trek during the New Beginning.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I think "The Madness of King Ralph" might be the best proposed WHM movie.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

I'd hope they'd do King Ralph as a part of a long overdue Stay Tuned month with Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, but I've been waiting for that for a year and now they've even stopped making STATION references.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

De Nomolos posted:

I'd hope they'd do King Ralph as a part of a long overdue Stay Tuned month with Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, but I've been waiting for that for a year and now they've even stopped making STATION references.
Eh, it took them 54 episodes to get from Mortal Kombat to MK Annihilation, and it definitely took even longer to get around to Thinner, so there's always hope.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

Eh, it took them 54 episodes to get from Mortal Kombat to MK Annihilation, and it definitely took even longer to get around to Thinner, so there's always hope.

When's the last time they had a Stay Tuned month? Seems it used to be once a year.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

De Nomolos posted:

When's the last time they had a Stay Tuned month? Seems it used to be once a year.

I think they they only did it once.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

On the plus side, they did do Stay Tuned, so at least they were thematic.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 5, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Evil Mastermind posted:

On the plus side, they did do Stay Tuned, so at least they were thematic.

Any Jeffrey Jones episode is gold, because I share in their frustration that he's such a talented character actor (and often the best part of some terrible movies), but ... The Troubles.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bill and Ted, Weekend at Bernies, End of Days and Number 23 would be my ideal Stay Tuned month.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Y'all don't like Bill and Ted?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bogus Journey, not Excellent Adventure.

Primarily for STATION.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Station gave me nightmares.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Station gave me nightmares.

The Evil Robot Uses and the Good Robot Uses were way scarier than Station.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

King Ralph has to be a commentary or something if they're gonna make this challenge a thing.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

The Good Robot Usses were goddamned adorable.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TetsuoTW posted:

The Good Robot Usses were goddamned adorable.

I'm talking just visually. They were far more likely to haunt my young dreams that STATION!

Station just looks like those nice old weird guys from the Dark Crystal who merged with the Skeksies.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
I disliked STATION. Probably because I didn't find him particularly funny and I got the feeling we were supposed to be really excited about station, when my reaction was a WHM-esque "you can KEEP it."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Gyges posted:

I have this memory of being really young at a drive through and seeing bogus journey and being so terrified of the scary robot bill and ted and being soothed by watching the not so scary movie that was playing on the other screen behind us.

That movie was terminator 2

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Can anyone guess what my opinion of Bogus Journey is?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Extremely good and great?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

De Nomolos posted:

Can anyone guess what my opinion of Bogus Journey is?

Excellent?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Gyges posted:

Excellent?

This is my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bogus Journey is a movie for children and stoners that doesn't just reference The Seventh Seal, it uses that reference as the foundation of the whole plot. It's rad as hell.