Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
COME PLAY MI'LORD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I was joining lv60 expert Roulete as monk - ilvl186!

After the 1st group of mobs those people where suddenly picking on me for not using that weak skill "Fists of (F)lame"! >_>
I clearly said I never ever use that weak skill, that only give 5%"dmg boost", thats like my lv200 weapon has 1 atk point more -> barely a difference!
I use there other 2 auras for defence or faster movement!

again: Im ilvl186 in a ilvl145 dungeon! Not enough for those Pr0s in n00b skin I guess! >_>

They stopped on going the dungeon and keep picking on me and trolling!
Then they booted me out wtf >_>

For just weak 5%.. as Monk isnt already OP enough...

Im really upset and angry about this!!! Thats so f*beeeep*g rude!

Why such people even play this game?
We dont have a time ranking!

I dont even use that weak 5% "buff" Mechanics have and mostly get 3 commendations at the end of a dungeon!

Really TO bad we cant post names here!

But I reported them all and hope they get a punishment!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Technogeek posted:

"Fists of (F)lame"!

:allears:

People who throw a tantrum when it is pointed out they could do more damage with zero effort needed are the worst best.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Vil posted:

I'm assuming it's Illuminati Gobtwine/coat for upgrading eso notweapons, but that Illuminati Gobdip will either a. not yet be available outside of savage at all (probably will be made available in 3.15 or 3.17) or b. only come from Void Ark (and savage) for now. Leaning towards the former.
While it was more while talking about the Void Ark tokens for eso upgrades, but they intend for savage alex to be the only way to get 210 weapons until 3.2. The thordan weapons will be a 205 stopgap.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Samba De Amigo posted:

Don't worry! Now you can spend all day farming the same dungeon over and over to get 1,800 law to buy 1(?) of the finished mat! :suicide:

On that note Please Be Crafting LS now a dedicated Please Be Farming Law LS?

1,800 Law buys you ??? amount of the prereq for the finished mat. You better hope you get 5 Moonbeam Silk per 1,800 law cause lol otherwise.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's now a challenge log for Gold Saucer stuff that wins you MGP. Looks like it's time to get my chocobo race ready.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Hivac posted:

I wouldn't put it anything past the localization team

Dukka posted:

While it was more while talking about the Void Ark tokens for eso upgrades, but they intend for savage alex to be the only way to get 210 weapons until 3.2. The thordan weapons will be a 205 stopgap.

Agreed - I'm not even sure how this is in debate. Weapon upgrade materials are absent while other leftside/rightside upgrade materials have new ways of acquiring them. If they were going to make i210 weapons available through the trial, they would have made the upgrade materials for eso weapons likewise available.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Also lmao the TP cost reduction on Goring Blade reduces a paladin's TP consumption by a whole 1.8%! Now they can offtank for 17 more seconds before running out of TP! WOW!!!

And now main tanks don't even have the option of using Shield Swipe to slow down TP consumption. This change is actually going to make tanking as a paladin worse.

I don't think it'll make things worse, but it's going to make more issues obvious that show that Paladins still need more work.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eej posted:

1,800 Law buys you ??? amount of the prereq for the finished mat. You better hope you get 5 Moonbeam Silk per 1,800 law cause lol otherwise.

Yeah this isn't for grinding. This is for when you or some non-crafting player is already capped on Law, with nothing else to spend it on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dr Pepper posted:

Yeah this isn't for grinding. This is for when you or some non-crafting player is already capped on Law, with nothing else to spend it on.

There are a lot of people like me that have basically been capped on law for forever. I'll never use the mats myself and will just buy the most expensive/fastest moving and sell them each time I get 1800 tomes. There are a lot of people that are going to do the exact same thing. The high cost means that the price won't crater completely, but prices on mats are going to drop significantly and open up a lot of the crafting endgame to more people.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Re: Pally-chat, I'm most upset that nothing was done with Clemency and Divine Veil. The former is a waste of a class skill, and I only bother with DV because it doesn't take up GCD.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I've been running into something of a conundrum in regards to targeting as a healer. If I use macros, they mess with queuing, and even though it's probably not as big a deal for a healer, I'd prefer to avoid that.

Does it just come down to having a bunch of keybinds for targeting if you want to operate at peak efficiency as a healer? I was thinking of maybe getting a slightly more complicated mouse, have one button switch to my focus target and another switch to the first person in the party. Then ideally I could link a scroll button to the keybind for scrolling through targeting for party members.

Am I worrying too much over nothing important?

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

I've been running into something of a conundrum in regards to targeting as a healer. If I use macros, they mess with queuing, and even though it's probably not as big a deal for a healer, I'd prefer to avoid that.

Does it just come down to having a bunch of keybinds for targeting if you want to operate at peak efficiency as a healer? I was thinking of maybe getting a slightly more complicated mouse, have one button switch to my focus target and another switch to the first person in the party. Then ideally I could link a scroll button to the keybind for scrolling through targeting for party members.

You're on pc, right? Just click on whoever you want to heal. Eventually you make a habit of having your mouse hovering near that area of the screen.

Good healing is not about reaction time, it's knowing when the damage is coming, and being prepared. FWIW, I believe the Alex Savage world-first group has a name-clicker as healer. Do what you feel is best, of course, but I wouldn't stress about it. If you wanna be a better healer than you just have to read up on the fundamentals of your class, and heal harder content until you get used to it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Olesh posted:

Agreed - I'm not even sure how this is in debate. Weapon upgrade materials are absent while other leftside/rightside upgrade materials have new ways of acquiring them. If they were going to make i210 weapons available through the trial, they would have made the upgrade materials for eso weapons likewise available.

relics say hi, and they'll probably add dip to everything when relics hit, or a little after if they really want to incentivize them. probably the only reason relics got pushed back is because then knights of the round would have been made irrelevant immediately. so yea, enjoy your knights weapons for the month or so before relics and dips rain from the sky and also lol if you don't think this will happen

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Velthice posted:

relics say hi, and they'll probably add dip to everything when relics hit, or a little after if they really want to incentivize them. probably the only reason relics got pushed back is because then knights of the round would have been made irrelevant immediately. so yea, enjoy your knights weapons for the month or so before relics and dips rain from the sky and also lol if you don't think this will happen

Yes, that's almost certainly what things will look like in 3.15, a month down the line.. It's not like SE hasn't released stepping stone weapons that are more or less obsoleted instantly before (cough Bismarck cough). At least these will be relevant for a few weeks.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Sarrisan posted:

You're on pc, right? Just click on whoever you want to heal. Eventually you make a habit of having your mouse hovering near that area of the screen.

Good healing is not about reaction time, it's knowing when the damage is coming, and being prepared. FWIW, I believe the Alex Savage world-first group has a name-clicker as healer. Do what you feel is best, of course, but I wouldn't stress about it. If you wanna be a better healer than you just have to read up on the fundamentals of your class, and heal harder content until you get used to it.

There's something wrong with name-clicking? Oh...I keep the tank focused, and F1 for myself, but if I have to heal another party member, I click their names. :blush:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Obligatum VII posted:

I have Cure, Regen, and Esuna with a mouseover macro so I can patch heal and throw regen/esuna without de-targeting the tank. Granted, I don't run savage, but it has worked for everything else. Click targeters represent.

Stones and Aeros are on target of target macros. Yeah, its not optimal.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 7, 2015

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Sarrisan posted:

To clarify, my concern isn't targeting my allies for healing in a general sense, but rather rapidly swapping between targeting allies and enemies when stance dancing with cleric stance. Ideally I could cast attack spells against my focus target while having an ally targeted WITHOUT using a macro, but sadly they have yet to add that particular QoL improvement.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just use a gamepad and scroll up and down the party list. :v:

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Obligatum VII posted:

To clarify, my concern isn't targeting my allies for healing in a general sense, but rather rapidly swapping between targeting allies and enemies when stance dancing with cleric stance. Ideally I could cast attack spells against my focus target while having an ally targeted WITHOUT using a macro, but sadly they have yet to add that particular QoL improvement.

I play on a controller, but I have a pair of macros that change hotbars around when I go into/out of Cleric Stance, and I added a 'target focus target' bit to going into CS, and a 'target the target of my focus target' bit for going out of CS. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works fine for me.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Yoshi-p posted:

We hear the player feedback about wanting to raise the DPS of Paladin, but we need to consider the offensive and defensive characteristics together, so it would be difficult to just raise the DPS with their current defensive ability.

This is possibly the dumbest thing Yoshi-p has ever said. Hey dummy, if 1/40th of all the tanks that have cleared A4S are PLD you obviously should not consider their defensive characteristics and just give them a dps buff so maybe we can get to 1/3 sometime this expansion.

Also this patch is tons of lovely stuff that people will play for a few weeks then lapse your sub again. Cool.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Seems like the top content die hards will keep coming back or keep playing anyway, so v:v:v

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Seems like the top content die hards will keep coming back or keep playing anyway, so v:v:v

People have been quitting the game in droves.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

KaneTW posted:

People have been quitting the game in droves.
And they'll come back in droves too. That seems to be how it works.

It's the non top content die hards that'll keep playing the game 'cause they like doing all the minigames/want all the Veteran's rewards :v:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
We're seeing a similar die off compared to ARR launch where many many players quit before 2.1 came out and the game stabilized and then started to recover. The difference this time is that the players who are quitting are people we've known since ARR and it hurts a lot more and could have been of avoided.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I guess it's hard to tell exactly how much that change to Shield Swipe will help overall, but I feel like that is not nearly what the PLD needs, especially for A4S where it barely does anything. Might be time to start seriously considering that Warrior I guess.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Belzac posted:

This is possibly the dumbest thing Yoshi-p has ever said. Hey dummy, if 1/40th of all the tanks that have cleared A4S are PLD you obviously should not consider their defensive characteristics and just give them a dps buff so maybe we can get to 1/3 sometime this expansion.

Also this patch is tons of lovely stuff that people will play for a few weeks then lapse your sub again. Cool.
caring about paladin is very dangerous territory

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

It wouldn't be the first time they've broken naming conventions for the sake of an FF reference.

See: Biggs and Wedge.
Are you sure those aren't nicknames?

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

At this point I'm just used to tab-targetting my way through the enemy list. It's something you eventually just get used to, such that you know "oh, gotta hit tab twice to get back to the boss." GCD times in this game are long enough that you typically have enough time to dick around in between actions, especially as a healer since you are not constantly mashing OGCD abilities for maximum dps or whatever. Planning and comfortability with your class will go a long way; make sure your hot-bars are laid out sanely, if you haven't already. You shouldn't need to click on or stretch for any of your important skills; maybe rezzing since it's hard to justify giving a button to something used to rarely. Having your mouse free to click on allies and enemies gives you one less thing to pay attention to on the screen.

Finally, just start healing a bunch if you wanna get better at it. Unfortunately we aren't really able to stand in front of a dummy for hours to drill rotations into our brain like a dps, so all you can do to git good is get good old fashioned experience. One thing I would suggest is to start healing harder content, if you are not already, sooner rather than later. You can fall into some bad habits just doing dungeons and hard primals, since the margin for error is so wide you're never really pushed. I made the most improvement when I joined the (now dead, unfortunately) Cid's Angel's linkshell and did turn 9 like every night for a week and a half. Learned more about how to heal doing that than I did in 4 months of dicking around doing normal content.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Belzac posted:

We're seeing a similar die off compared to ARR launch where many many players quit before 2.1 came out and the game stabilized and then started to recover. The difference this time is that the players who are quitting are people we've known since ARR and it hurts a lot more and could have been of avoided.

Basically this.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Belzac posted:

I come back from hiatus and Belzac is making sincere good posts.

poo poo must be really dire.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Belzac posted:

Captain Oblivious posted:

I come back from hiatus and Belzac is making sincere good posts.

poo poo must be really dire.

It's pretty loving dire.

Your choices in endgame are either Alex Savage, an easier version of the Alex which drops pointless gear, two 4mans you've done a million times, or some EX primals that practically no one does anymore.

I could write loads about Alex Savage, but maybe just cliff notes for now. Frankly a lot of it's been said already. People I know to be good players and raiders since Coil 1 have been broken on the wheel of A3S, and they're not raiding or not playing or just plain not enjoying themselves. The aesthetic is dull. A4S is a horribly designed fight. Raid play in general is driving an obsession with DPS from everyone, because that's what's required now. The fact that everything other then Alex Savage is really super easy or spammed into tedium means there's nothing in the game to distract from the problems AS has.

Basically we're all really hoping that the 3.1 content breathes new life into things.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What the hell happened, I thought this was the game that could do drat near no wrong and now everyone's all doomy and gloomy over a raid. :smith:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The problem is when the raid is the only content that people haven't done to hell and back and it's been months so all of the issues become incredibly apparent

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011
I may be in the minority but at this point in the game there's really not a valid reason for a raid team to be complaining about difficulty. The game is not rocket surgery; everything you need to know to beat a fight is laid out in numerous videos and guides. If players, nay raiders, aren't willing to put in the modicum of effort to improve then why bother raiding at all.

That being said, SE did make some horrendous oversights (the sac strat for A4S).

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Meiteron posted:

People I know to be good players and raiders since Coil 1 have been broken on the wheel of A3S, and they're not raiding or not playing or just plain not enjoying themselves. The aesthetic is dull. A4S is a horribly designed fight. Raid play in general is driving an obsession with DPS from everyone, because that's what's required now. The fact that everything other then Alex Savage is really super easy or spammed into tedium means there's nothing in the game to distract from the problems AS has.

People who have been complaining since launch that the game was designed for baby casuals and has no hard content are now screaming themselves hoarse that Savage Alex is too hard.

The irony is palpable.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I don't actually raid, I'm just saying what everyone else is

I go play other games to have fun when i run out of stuff that doesn't require effort because i'm a lazy piece of poo poo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nipponophile posted:

People who have been complaining since launch that the game was designed for baby casuals and has no hard content are now screaming themselves hoarse that Savage Alex is too hard.

The irony is palpable.

Everything in the game is in fact extremely easy and Savage Alex is very hard but the main problem with the latter fact is that it's also very not fun.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
As a no life monster you have no valid opinion on the difficulty of raids and can't speak for the 99.9% of the people who aren't world first. You would have had the exact same amount of fun if the raid was easy enough for even the top 10% to beat by now and those extra 9% of people would not have burned out and quit the game.

It's called a difficulty curve, not a cliff and the only end game option for combat (you know, the major feature of the game) should not be the property of the top 1% to lord over the rest. Savage should have remained an off patch objective for idiots like us to peruse for bragging rights and cosmetic poo poo and not the progression route for the common player than didn't kill T13 till 2.58.

Basically shut the gently caress up Chyea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
This game is still fun and good and I look forward to both the new content as well as additional reasons to go back and do the old fun content some more as well.

People always got a bit mopey in the span leading up to a new patch, this cycle just ran longer than we were used to since they took a break after the expansion crunch.

• Locked thread