Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
KILL

LOOT

RETURN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Common Sensei posted:

The only Vault that wasn't some kind of nightmare in NV was Vault 21 in downtown New Vegas, which House pretty much conquered. It actually has a neat backstory where it was filled with compulsive gamblers and every dispute was solved with gambling.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_21

Vault 34 was fine too until the Overseerer became a paranoid gun control nut in a Vault where everyone was armed with a firearm of some type, most of the inhabitants ended leaving, colonizing a nearby airfield, and becoming the Boomers.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Troubleshooter's Chinese Officer's Sword? If you say so.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

:nsa:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Wait now he just found a hunting rifle that literally never has to be reloaded, it has infinite capacity.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man his game has started seriously making GBS threads itself

AI breaking, Dance kinda vanished for a while, he got stuck on geometry a couple times...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Seashell Salesman posted:

Wait now he just found a hunting rifle that literally never has to be reloaded, it has infinite capacity.

We borderlands now!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

frajaq posted:

We borderlands now!

We are indeed Borderlands now.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
*Whips out cool as gently caress revolver, immediately switches to busted rear end rust revolver.*

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
At first I thought the prefixes on weapons were just them modded up, but it seems like they're closer to diablo-esque prefixes and not just indicators of what mods they have? That's pretty cool

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Next you'll tell me there's a laser pistol that reloads by causing an exploding wherever the used energy cell hits.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

*stranger shows up*
"oh god a mirelurk those things are spooky i'm out"
*leaves without doing anything*

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

*Whips out cool as gently caress revolver, immediately switches to busted rear end rust revolver.*

The guy is either a literal downs person who happened to stumble across a magical computer with Fallout 4 installed a week before it unlocks, or a troll so committed that he's played 2 dozen hours playing as deliberately bad as possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

At first I thought the prefixes on weapons were just them modded up, but it seems like they're closer to diablo-esque prefixes and not just indicators of what mods they have? That's pretty cool

It is both. There are unique weapons with pre-defined names and special abilities (that can still be customized), loot-drop items with special abilities (that can also be modded), and modded weapons.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
This guy has put 30hrs in and is still using a 1 shot n reload rust pistol.

People like this exist?

Has he even crafted on anything other than his bat he hasn't used since hour 14?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Bardeh posted:

The guy is either a literal downs person who happened to stumble across a magical computer with Fallout 4 installed a week before it unlocks, or a troll so committed that he's played 2 dozen hours playing as deliberately bad as possible.

I'm going with yes.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Bardeh posted:

This is your average consumer base. They are all this dumb. Reflect upon that and feel horror.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I really hope it's not random enchantments on loot drops, but it looks like it is. I have to wonder why they thought this was necessary with already having mods and uniques. First actual gameplay mechanic to really bum me out so far.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I really hope it's not random enchantments on loot drops, but it looks like it is. I have to wonder why they thought this was necessary with already having mods and uniques. First actual gameplay mechanic to really bum me out so far.

On the bright side, we might see a Never Ending Fatman.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Laugh, he took the quest reward before the quest started by following that guy into his workshop

amazing

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
TOY ALIEN??????

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

... uh. I think I was just kidding about Never Ending Fatman drops.

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
If it's retarded enough to laugh about, you can probably be sure that it's in this game.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

widespread posted:

Wouldn't a Never Ending Fat Man be the same as a regular one since the cycling animation is the entire reload animation anyway? Like, how would the animation even work if you didn't reload it?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Well I'm a little more interested in the game now that I know there's unique/interesting guns that I can still mod on top of that. Alot of mods on that list are ho-hum but stuff like the Junkie and Two Shot prefixes sound interesting.

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

widespread posted:

Haha! I know what im gonna be looking for.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wouldn't a Never Ending Fat Man be the same as a regular one since the cycling animation is the entire reload animation anyway? Like, how would the animation even work if you didn't reload it?

I imagine it would be as if you turned on tgm or whatever it was to fire them.

Also, Tommy- the guy with downs that is streaming it- proved that it just eats your ammo, no reload animation at all.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

GOAT's back boys!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

widespread posted:

I imagine it would be as if you turned on tgm or whatever it was to fire them.

Also, Tommy- the guy with downs that is streaming it- proved that it just eats your ammo, no reload animation at all.

Wasn't it still cycling the bolt? I don't remember now.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Unlimited ammo capacity does not mean you can fire forever. If it has a ammo cycle animation, like the hunting rifle, it still goes through that animation. It also does not mean infinite ammo. I hope to get an unlimited ammo capacity HMG.

Here's some information from somebody that got the strategy guide on Reddit.

There are 50+ enemy types with 5-8 variations each.

There are multiple power armor suits. It was not clear if you can mix power armor parts, or if you get a completely different suit to apply different mods on individual parts. We have seen that you can change parts in videos, but I don't know if that means changing parts to modded parts for a particular suit, or taking the T-1000 helmet and putting it on a T-800 chest armor.

Power armor puts you at 11 strength, reduces radiation, and has no fall damage. If you fall far enough it will cause damage to things around you.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Nov 7, 2015

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Yaos posted:

Unlimited ammo capacity does not mean you can fire forever. If it has a ammo cycle animation, like the hunting rifle, it still goes through that animation. It also does not mean infinite ammo. I hope to get an unlimited ammo capacity HMG.

Here's some information from somebody that got the strategy guide on Reddit.

There are 50+ enemy types with 5-8 variations each.

There are multiple power armor suits. It was not clear if you can mix power armor parts, or if you get a completely different suit to apply different mods, but you can change out power armor parts.

Power armor puts you at 11 strength, reduces radiation, and has no fall damage. If you fall far enough it will cause damage to things around you.

I assume you can't use the new PA Strength to cheese Blitz?

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

GOAT's back boys!

No, I think he was just coming onto you.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yaos posted:

If you fall far enough it will cause damage to things around you.

:swoon:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Bobblehead Locations:

Looks like the charisma bobblehead is not from the Red Rocket Garage

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

frajaq posted:

Companion Info

The annoying kid from Little Lamplight lmao

Why is there an unfuckable human male? I thought all humans were fuckable.

Also, very messed up you can't gently caress Mr Handy.

:catstare: Whoever ok'd this needs to die. Whatever editor or creative director, I don't give a gently caress, this...

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 7, 2015

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I like the Lovecraft refrence, I was wondering if they were gonna have Arkham or Innsmouth or something in the game. But I do like the subtly of what they went with.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Lakbay posted:

Bobblehead Locations:

Looks like the charisma bobblehead is not from the Red Rocket Garage

Have they confirmed what Bobbleheads actually do? Do they give you a generic perk point? A specific bonus of some kind?

Nice, thanks!

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 7, 2015

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Have they confirmed what Bobbleheads actually do? Do they give you a generic perk point? A specific bonus of some kind?

What the bobbleheads do

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Since the skills they correspond to don't exist in the game, I have no idea.

EDIT: Oh OK. Other than the ones that increase a stat, they seem pretty useless.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nice, thanks!

They grant a unique perk aside from the SPECIAL ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-C-7oFgQ8E

A Deutsh lets play, part one in case you want to see it and not understand anything.

Starts at the main menu, includes intro cinematic and character creation.

HardKase fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Nov 7, 2015

• Locked thread