Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
We might be able to find someone to buy the gems at the bar, or even our cultural kitsch item! SOMEONE's gonna want 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

sell the gems and the Haldian slaves. Spend on whatever.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure we have time for gambling and whoring. I vote to use the psionic amplifier and or orgasmitron to rob the guys then leave. Alternatively, are they powerful enough to take on the threshers? We need more info.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

I'm not sure we have time for gambling and whoring. I vote to use the psionic amplifier and or orgasmitron to rob the guys then leave. Alternatively, are they powerful enough to take on the threshers? We need more info.

There's always time for gambling and whoring! As long as we don't stay the night, anyway.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm thinking that meeting the Threshers here might not be that bad. We've got our Cloacaing Device and just a ton of mind/physical crippling weapons for us to make a run for it i we have to. Plus there's a lot of things for us to throw in front of them to buy some more time.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Plus there's a lot of things for us to throw in front of them to buy some more time.

The battle cry of the Caimans: "Kill them first!"

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm thinking that meeting the Threshers here might not be that bad. We've got our Cloacaing Device and just a ton of mind/physical crippling weapons for us to make a run for it i we have to. Plus there's a lot of things for us to throw in front of them to buy some more time.

We could set a trap. These guys appear to be Space Capitalists, if we warn them about the dire Space Hippie Communist threat approaching they might shave off a chunk of their armada!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
pillage the store

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Poland Spring posted:

We could set a trap. These guys appear to be Space Capitalists, if we warn them about the dire Space Hippie Communist threat approaching they might shave off a chunk of their armada!

Oh I like this! If space truck stops are like Earth truck stops then there will tons of gun toting right wing weirdos just itching to throw down on some space pinkos!

I propose we refuel the ship, sell what ever we need to sell to get some walking around money on top of it, start spreading rumors that the Threshers are coming to protest the free market system in lace in this star system, gamble a bit, get some space strange, and get ready to put a smack down on some stupid slug looking mother fuckers.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 6, 2015

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

there will tons of gun toting right wing weirdos

oh poo poo that's right we haven't met the humans yet

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

This is a dangerous goddamned plan and it will probably result in getting our asses handed to us. If we go with this and it fails (which it probably will, no matter how good our luck has been so far), I'll show you the bad ending and then try to panic jump to the next system. If it succeeds, then welp.

In the meantime as far as I can tell we're selling gems, a piece of hull and slaves in return for 3 tons of megasterling. We'll buy 100 energy and get some walkin' round money. We could also sell the Cultural Tchotchke for another 50 energy, which might be a good idea if we're going to fight.

After that we'll gamble, whore and try to rile up whatever aliens are here against the threshers, although probably not all in the same update. Sounds good?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You had me at 'Dangerous goddamm plan'

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bad ending unlock pls.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

All in. Borrow against the house.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DmitriX posted:

I'm pretty sure there is a scanning glitch in there on page 198- i think our officers are supposed to be composing themselves, not composting themselves(which would imply the loss of the entire bridge crew).

Guess that one got by the editors! That typo marks this copy out as a first edition, it was fixed in later versions. This book could be worth something if Two-Fisted Steve hadn't torn half the pages up for ransom purposes.

Update
We get rid of the Haldian Slaves, Drinks Umbrella/Tchtochke, the Gems and a point of hull in return for 4 tons of megasterling, this part of the galaxy's main and most inconvienient unit of exchange. We spend three of those on refuelling, and keep one for walkin' round money. The robot duly lets us onto the station since we're not freeloading: we turn to 14.

Basically where do we start? The general plan is viable but we have to chose which of the delights of the station will get our business first (there's a good chance we won't get to do everything). Our walkin' round money should cover us for any expenses while we're here as long as we don't go nuts.

Here's the starship manifest:

Sorry about the slow progress in this update, I had some issues with my computer and ran out of time to wrestle with it. Things will move faster over the weekend!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Talk to the space dog!

He's adorable, and you rock. I feel like I have a pet wookie now. :3:

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Do I spy with my crocodilian eye a Space Elvis hiding a giant knife behind his back? That guy seems worth talking to!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Jelly cube prostitute :3:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

lol thanks for pointing it out

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Get Hugh Mann to talk to the tall human. Try to figure out if we have any chance of understanding Space Whist, and how to cheat at it.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

we have to chose which of the delights of the station will get our business first

Applewhite posted:

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

the hell is this place... this is a party?! Where the gently caress is the swamp? Where's the orgy? where's the blood and rotting flesh? Let's turn this place into our own lido swamp. throw a party so hard that we'll gather allies for that crusade against the Threshers that we're totally going to not bail on. let's buy a bunch of rounds, get that 10 foot pole hammered, do some space blow with the jelly whore, eat spacedog and start waving the orgasmotron around. we deserve a release, it's been a trying afternoon

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

fancy sauces posted:

the hell is this place... this is a party?! Where the gently caress is the swamp? Where's the orgy? where's the blood and rotting flesh? Let's turn this place into our own lido swamp. throw a party so hard that we'll gather allies for that crusade against the Threshers that we're totally going to not bail on. let's buy a bunch of rounds, get that 10 foot pole hammered, do some space blow with the jelly whore, eat spacedog and start waving the orgasmotron around. we deserve a release, it's been a trying afternoon

Seconded. Trash this place with the biggest party the galaxy has ever seen

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Talk to the freakishly tall human.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Hire Giant Space Donald Trump

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

Applewhite posted:

Edit: wait we're a monarchy. HAVE A BALL

Poland Spring fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 7, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Poland Spring posted:

capitalist party

Royal party. :colbert:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Anticheese posted:

Royal party. :colbert:

the biggest balls of them all

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Ok, yes there's the polish giant but, space skeleton we need to hang with Bones McCoy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fellbat posted:

Ok, yes there's the polish giant but, space skeleton we need to hang with Bones McCoy.

We can invite them all to the party

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Applewhite posted:

We can invite them all to the party

We might not have a chance for everything and I'm a firm believer in dem bones.

seriously though every character in the page looks like they have life in them and are fun. Gilganixon I doff my space helmet to you in the cold depths of the void, viscera everywhere.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 7, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

the_steve posted:

Fellbat posted:

we can find out their stories over a lil game of space whist

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Honestly I don't care what else we do as long as we get to see the ten foot Pole easter egg

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Your weakness sickens me. PAY? PAYYY? We are not poors we are god emperors! We should slay those who oppose and take everything we want for ourselves from this place. Make them all hookers and slaves! Then force them to do repairs.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Poland Spring posted:

Edit: wait we're a monarchy. HAVE A BALL

Some Balls are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure, they're the Balls that I like best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland posted:

Your weakness sickens me. PAY? PAYYY? We are not poors we are god emperors! We should slay those who oppose and take everything we want for ourselves from this place. Make them all hookers and slaves! Then force them to do repairs.

Sounds like too much work. If these chumps will give us funbux for our worthless slaves I don't see a reason to bother.

I think your suggestions are better suited to a Catte run.

• Locked thread