Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Apparently on both consoles there's really bad input lag and frame drops as soon as you load into the open world from the opening vault. It's stopping me from pressing buy.

watch the stream I linked. seems to be the odd frame drop, nothing egregious yet though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I missed the last like 200 pages but I can't believe they brought a Little Lsmplight character back AND MADE IT SO YOUCAN gently caress HIM. holy Christ

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How do the voice acting and facial animations compare to Witcher 3 so far?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hahahahaahahah

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

pmchem posted:

Better, worse, or no opinion according to the thread.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

looks like all the romance-able ladies are white so I guess I'm doing the robot.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
don't worry, i'll make a blackface mod

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

pmchem posted:

The character models look like Realdolls and the one voice actor they got to do all the voices sounds like he's developmentally disabled.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

pacmania90 posted:

The character models look like Realdolls and the one voice actor they got to do all the voices sounds like he's developmentally disabled.

But enough about The Witcher 3

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
So the first reviews are coming out and even a guy who kinda enjoyed Dragon Age: Inquisition is fairly negative:

http://www.ibtimes.com/fallout-4-review-dangers-hype-video-2174132

Pitbull: here we go.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Looks about the same to me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Buff Butler posted:

So the first reviews are coming out and even a guy who kinda enjoyed Dragon Age: Inquisition is fairly negative:

His complaints are definitely valid, but they basically boil down to "not enough dialogue" and "this is a Bethesda game, not a Bioware one."

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I've never gotten the "doesn't respect your time" argument. Saying the game is bad and also it takes too long to beat is the "terrible food and such small portions" of game critique.

If it sucks it sucks, why do you care how long it is?

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

I thought reviews couldn't come out until out?

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Colt Cannon posted:

I thought reviews couldn't come out until out?

Review embargoes aren't legally binding. If someone chooses to break it, as newspapers and large print magazines often will, it only means that next time a company might decide not to send a preview copy. I imagine the person writing this doesn't care.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

JoshTheStampede posted:

I've never gotten the "doesn't respect your time" argument. Saying the game is bad and also it takes too long to beat is the "terrible food and such small portions" of game critique.

If it sucks it sucks, why do you care how long it is?

If my chicken fried steak doesn't hang off the plate, you can bet I am going to be pissed.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's good poo poo that the first embargo-breaking review is less than positive, because the amount of butthurt about it all over the internet this weekend is going to be hilarious to read

E:

lol

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 7, 2015

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I'm not sure I can handle wading through the comments about how bad the streamers are, but I have a question. Is there a point where your character gets to tag certain perks or SPECIAL points during the Vault segment or are you largely stuck with what you fill out from the Vault-Tec guy?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Filthy Casual posted:

I'm not sure I can handle wading through the comments about how bad the streamers are, but I have a question. Is there a point where your character gets to tag certain perks or SPECIAL points during the Vault segment or are you largely stuck with what you fill out from the Vault-Tec guy?

At the very end of the vault segment (similar to the end of all the "tutorial" bits of most Bethesda games) there's a menu that lets you completely reroll your character's name, appearance and set perks/stats.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

pmchem posted:

Why does everybody feel that witcher 3 is a good comparison with fallout 4? They are only similar in the fact that they both have the main character getting experience points for leveling up.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Buff Butler posted:

Lmao I really hope more people sincerely review this game instead of do the "here's what I'm supposed to do, 9/10" dance

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I find that when people say "a game is too long" they actually mean "the pacing is bad". If a game has good pacing you're probably not going to notice the time flying because you're having fun~

But that review was vague on how the pacing was bad.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

GyverMac posted:

Why does everybody feel that witcher 3 is a good comparison with fallout 4? They are only similar in the fact that they both employ rpg mechanics.

They're both large scale open world RPGs releasing in the year of our Lord 2015

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It can only be used when you shout ".....FATHA'!" to draw out your sire so you can usurp his throne.

https://youtu.be/eP7LHHR91lE

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sputty posted:

They're both large scale open world RPGs releasing in the year of our Lord 2015

Yeah but where the Witcher is more focused on tight story-telling, the Fallout game is more about freedom to whatever the hell you want. Dont get me wrong i love wticher 3 to bits but to me its kinda daft to compare the two because they are both RPG style games. Its like comparing forza to GTA 5 because they both contains car driving in their gameplay.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 7, 2015

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Filthy Casual posted:

You get a "confirm your choices" at the end of the Vault section, but you only pick appearence/SPECIAL attributes. You start with zero perks and will only assign your first one on level up.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

GyverMac posted:

Yeah but where the Witcher is more focused on tight story-telling, the Fallout game is more about freedom to whatever the hell you want. Dont get me wrong i love wticher 3 to bits but to me its kinda daft to compare the two because they are both RPG style games. Its like comparing forza to GTA 5 because they both contain a car driving in their gameplay.

FO4 is trying to take steps toward Witcher-style storytelling by assigning you a background and a voice that you can't change or affect in any way--they basically want to be Dragon Age or Witcher but they can't write for poo poo and that stuff is not what anyone liked about their games so it's funny

Soral
May 30, 2009

GyverMac posted:

Yeah but where the Witcher is more focused on tight story-telling, the Fallout game is more about freedom to whatever the hell you want. Dont get me wrong i love wticher 3 to bits but to me its kinda daft to compare the two because they are both RPG style games. Its like comparing forza to GTA 5 because they both contain a car driving in their gameplay.

what the gently caress are you talking about

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

GyverMac posted:

people want to compare the graphics and presentation of two open world RPGs that came out for the same systems in the same year. this is a pretty reasonable comparison to make

Soral
May 30, 2009

these two games that came out in the same year, that are the same genre, and the latter of the two is trying really hard to emulate the former-- they're literally nothing alike. it's impossible to compare them

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buff Butler posted:

So this got pulled, I take it? Did someone save a copy someplace?

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

evilmiera posted:

So this got pulled, I take it? Did someone save a copy someplace?

http://pastebin.com/8dUhXG6Z

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
I don't need to read the opinion of someone who liked Dragon Age.

*Insert smug face meme here*

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

dd209 posted:

I don't need to read the opinion of someone who liked Dragon Age.

*Insert smug face meme here*

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Soral posted:

these two games that came out in the same year, that are the same genre, and the latter of the two is trying really hard to emulate the former-- they're literally nothing alike. it's impossible to compare them

Hahah what the gently caress, since when did Fallout try to emulate the witcher games? Just because they added a voiced protagonist and a retarded backstory for your character? In that case, theres a shitload of games out right this minute who are all emulating the witcher.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I think the only thing I'm surprised by is that they didn't move on from gamebryo. I remember when Oblivion and then Skyrim came out and everyone was basically convinced that Bethesda had a new engine in the works for the new generation. Even at launch nearly ten years ago, Oblivion and gamebryo painfully creaked along. Madness.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

At least it's Dragon Age Inquisition he likes and not Dragon Age 2, God forbid. Though Inquisition was still full of tedious MMO style fetch quests so uh, I'm not sure how he didn't get bored doing them but got bored doing the quests in Fallout 4, which look to be entertaining despite bad writing.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I almost laughed when I saw the exact same "pick up one item, all surrounding items float upward an inch or so" effect that has been with us since Oblivion in one of the streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

GyverMac posted:

Hahah what the gently caress, since when did Fallout try to emulate the witcher games? Just because they added a voiced protagonist and a retarded backstory for your character? In that case, theres a shitload of games out right this minute who are all emulating the witcher.

you're a drat retard, so i'm sure goty contender Retard 4 will be a good fit for your game collection. ganbare

• Locked thread