Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This reminds me of the story of the baker who tried to sue the man for smelling his aromatic breads without paying, except with jpgs, and everyone in the story is retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

D_Smart posted:

That's like saying Democrats have no business talking to Fox News. It's all relative.

Also...https://twitter.com/voxday/status/662995332029161472

Someone said it best I thought; and is precisely the same campaign the people who don't like me, wage incessantly.

"this whole "disavow this person I don't like" thing is repellent, straight out of the SJW playbook."
An excellent illustration of how people who whine about "SJWs" tend to be absolute idiots. Why yes, suggesting you disavow an utter scumbag is clearly the real problem here.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
who knew that "if you lie down with dogs you stand up with fleas" was a perfidious SJW slogan. who could have foresen "you're judged by the company you keep" was cultural marxism, learn something new every day.

Derek you're already getting trashed for associating with goons. the poo poo is going to extremely hit the fan when you're associating with an extremely vocal anti-just-about-everything-that-isn't-white-and-male fascist

e: seriously this is the point where you're snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. we're not trolling you, we want you to succeed in this, but bruv you are loving yourself up here

Stanko-Prussian fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 7, 2015

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

D_Smart posted:

OK now you're being silly. I have NO problems with VD. We all have opinions about things. Most may not be popular. But how we express them is key. I find keeping an open mind means that, regardless of popular opinion, one can remain objective in any discourse.

Anyway, go register

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/11/brainstorm-with-derek-smart.html

Hahaha are you loving serious. "Keep an open mind?" The man's a literal neo-nazi. He thinks black people, jews, and woman are literally lesser humans. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT HE BELIEVES. Are you going to keep an "open mind" about that? Why the gently caress would you ever want to talk to this guy about anything, even if it's just SC?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

That's like saying Democrats have no business talking to Fox News. It's all relative.

Also...https://twitter.com/voxday/status/662995332029161472

Someone said it best I thought; and is precisely the same campaign the people who don't like me, wage incessantly.

"this whole "disavow this person I don't like" thing is repellent, straight out of the SJW playbook."

you are literally supporting a racist, woman-hating idiot you retard, get a grip

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Important update :siren: I got my £21 back (they refunded my $30)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
"the boycott against apartheid south africa was straight out of the SJW playbook :mad:"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The analogy isn't whether Democrats should be talking to Fox News, its whether politicians should be talking to Stormfront.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Does this mean we all have to be racist too?
I'm not really on board with that if so

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will Derek stampede cattle through the Vatican?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

peter gabriel posted:

If that would be the case, then logically the first thing on our agenda would have to be that we lynch that filthy friend of the family Derek Smart.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CrazyLoon posted:

If that would be the case, then logically the first thing on our agenda would have to be that we lynch that filthy friend of the family Derek Smart.

:eyepop:

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I'll be honest, I don't really follow the Star Citizen drama too closely and it feels like I've wandered into a crazy people conference for crazy people who are crazy.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Actually, yeah, why does this guy want to talk to you if he thinks you're a subhuman? He does know you're black, right?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've had a quick look around my wardrobe, I don;t even know what racists wear I am not good at this, I'm not sure about our new racist direction you guys

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Precisely my point.

So no...you can be whatever you like, dancing cat. Racism is bad.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Megaspel posted:

I'll be honest, I don't really follow the Star Citizen drama too closely and it feels like I've wandered into a crazy people conference for crazy people who are crazy.

Sounds like you're well up to speed man

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lodin posted:

While Vox Day are loving gobshites I see no problem with Derek talking to them about SC. Obvioulsy the Shitizens are once again going to claim this makes him a GGer but I refuse to belive that he shares any of their beliefs beyond SC being bullshit and that there are huge problems within games journalism and the games industry as a whole.

^this

Fish Fry Andy posted:

A lot of the people on the Derek Smart subreddit crosspost with KiA so they may have mixed feelings about this.

Yeah, gently caress them and their inconsequential echo-chamber.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If there is one thing Star Citizen has taught me it's that computer games are literally impossible to make

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

peter gabriel posted:

OMG stop trying to thought police here bro, keep an open mind ok?

Good Dumplings posted:

Actually, yeah, why does this guy want to talk to you if he thinks you're a subhuman? He does know you're black, right?

Maybe Derek is "one of the good ones"? :shrug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Why do the racist folk want to talk to Derek about computer games anyway? I am not sure I understand this

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

If you can't see that associating with Vox Day makes you look really really bad then I don't know what to say other than you have really horrible judgement and you deserve the awful reputation you've gained.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Pierson posted:

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist :siren: who believes black people are subhuman, women should not have the vote and that it's totally fine to throw acid at feminists to protect traditional values. Gay people are a genetic mistake that should be cleansed and the Taliban were correct to shoot Malala in the face.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: If you search for even a small amount of time you will probably be able to find someone with exactly the same opinions and level of intelligence as him without the insane all-consuming baggage of awful garbage or toxic community that gathers around him.

:siren: Vox Day is a literal neo-fascist. :siren: Who gives a gently caress what side he's on in the internet spaceship debate because the correct answer is 'the airless side of a real-life airlock'.

Soooooooo, he wants me (who is non-White btw) on a brainstorm session to talk about my challenges and how my involvement in Star Citizen came this far, why? Pray tell. I'm curious like that.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Derek the person you just quoted retracted their post after actually reading what Vox Day wrote.

Edit: Lodin I mean

BMan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 7, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hey, I've got an exciting new vacuum cleaner about to hit the market, better hit up my raging homophobic contacts for an interview!

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

peter gabriel posted:

If there is one thing Star Citizen has taught me it's that computer games are literally impossible to make

Truly a lesson for all of us.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

Soooooooo, he wants me (who is non-White btw) on a brainstorm session to talk about my challenges and how my involvement in Star Citizen came this far, why? Pray tell. I'm curious like that.

Tell em to gently caress off Derek and post that middle finger

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

because you're giving the racist, woman hating shithead a platform to feel relevant. hows this even remotely difficult to understand.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Othin posted:

Truly a lesson for all of us.

It was a shocking revelation, I am shocked, was shocked and still am shocked

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
Speaking as someone watching from the sidelines:
The drama has become a bit stale.
I think Derek should talk to VD, it can only make the whole situation funnier.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Currently playing: Lego Batman 3
Currently listening to: Hitlers speaches 1936 - 1942
Current mood: Gamer

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well gently caress it, DS and VD are two of my favourite illnesses so I say they should go for it

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

D_Smart posted:

He's probably telling you that's what he want to talk about, but the actual interview is probably going to be a thinly-veiled attack on Sandi ruining the project by being a woman, or on you for being a black person. You know, he'll probably make it about how bad SC has to be for "one of your kind" to notice it, something like that. If you come in letting him lead the conversation it'll go to hell fast either way.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

D_Smart posted:

I dunno, maybe because he's a lovely hypocrite who wants attention? If you want to prove that's what you are too, go ahead and do this panel.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

RedTonic posted:

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't sound like it could be a racketeering case; I just am doubtful that RICO charges will happen.

But about 38Studios -- it's pretty complex. There is a fraud case, though it's not aimed at Schilling himself. There was a lawsuit (settled in 2014) that alleged a conspiracy to defraud the state into issuing the bonds which were supposed to finance Project Copernicus. I believe there's another lawsuit going on now alleging further fraud. More documents were supposed to be unsealed, but if they have been, they've sort of slipped under the surface without making a splash.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=11146240

Gordon Fox, our former House Speaker in the state legislature, also worked on securing state-funded financing for 38Studios. He received a great deal of criticism for some odd decisions surrounding that business. To really cast shade on his dealings, he recently pled guilty to wire fraud, bribery, and filing a false tax return; he's getting 3 years in the federal pen.

Yes, that's precisely what I've been trying to get at, that if the Feds get involved, it's going to get way beyond them just pissing away $94m+ and rather into where it went and whether or not it was spent for the purpose for which it was intended.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dr Sun Try posted:

Speaking as someone watching from the sidelines:
The drama has become a bit stale.
I think Derek should talk to VD, it can only make the whole situation funnier.

I would say...interesting is moreso the word, rather than funnier.

I mean, it's funny and insane right now, but after there's like a dozen or so of neo-nazi internet posse, to whom DS spoke to as they just happened to be part of Gamergate, and they internet warrior alongside Derek Smart with their insane opinions for a few months, I'm pretty sure it won't be all that funny then.

BRB pooping
Apr 17, 2008
I just filed my refund request, guess i will be waiting awhile. Those money will go to other real stuff instead, like filament for my printer or a good portion of a FPV-drone. Bye RSI

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Hey, I've got an exciting new vacuum cleaner about to hit the market, better hit up my raging homophobic contacts for an interview!

Will it clean the stains from my white carpet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Isn't the whole point of the Derek Smart lawsuit that he doesn't care about winning vs. losing because all he's after is the finances, which'll come out during discovery?

• Locked thread