Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cocoa Crispies posted:

especially from its players

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

cremnob posted:

intel has 60% gross margins. thats a huge financial incentive to dump intel into the trash. apple probly gets a volume discount off these prices http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...Price_Lists.pdf

but its still probably like 200-300 per chip. the marginal cost of producing A series chips are nothing in comparison when they sold 285 million iOS units in 2015. how much is an A9? like $20? they could pocket the difference entirely or do a combo of increasing margins and dropping prices and gain even more share

too bad intc's operating margin is less impressive

unless you compare it to amd with their negative margins lol

look at tsm's margins wow aapl should fab their own chips

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

they shouldn't and they should definitely dump intel asap

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cremnob should be dumped into purgatory

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah apple should definitely dump intel immediately and switch to uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

that lasted up until 10.7

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
cant wait to try the pencil at a store on friday

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
my favorite pencil is the rotring 800

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

tvOS 9.0.1 is out, restart your AppleTVs boys

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

eagle 314

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

qirex posted:

eagle 314

rotring 800

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?
The New apple TV is pretty nice, except for how it's buggy as poo poo and is a perfect embodiment of apple v1 syndrome

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

But it's the fourth Apple TV!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remember when the Apple TV ran full OS X

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wild EEPROM posted:

I prefer a rotting fake crab stick

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Sorkin's Steve Jobs was pulled from more than 2,000 theaters because no one went to see it

laurene jobs killed this movie lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

it will make hollywood think twice about making a steve jobs movie that isn't ordained by apple

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cremnob posted:

Sorkin's Steve Jobs was pulled from more than 2,000 theaters because no one went to see it

thank you for keeping me aprised

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
psyche! fucktard *drops anvil on probation button* :owned:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:worship:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cremnob posted:

it will make hollywood think twice about making a steve jobs movie that isn't ordained by apple

aka a steve jobs thats entirely fictional

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

they also pulled Jem And The Holograms.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

this is bullshit

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

As a Millennial I posted:

Good. That movie was the worst adaptation since "I Robot".

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cremnob posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

actually its cause sorkin sucks and steve jobs is dead and nobody cares

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

actually its cause sorkin sucks and steve jobs is dead and nobody cares

shaggar was right

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
seriously, they pulled it? fassbender's acting skills weren't good enough to save the movie?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/steve-jobs-film-returns-pale-in-comparison-with-apple-2015-11-10

lol

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

the new fantastic four is out already :psyduck:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mulva posted:

Good. That movie was the worst adaptation since "I Robot".

I, Robot wasn't a direct adaptation but it was pretty much an Asimov story

also the good thing about Jem was that it cost virtually nothing to make so it didn't have much to make up for (not even much advertising)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Dodoman posted:

seriously, they pulled it? fassbender's acting skills weren't good enough to save the movie?

fussbudget gets a lot of critical acclaim but he just doesn't draw in people in huge numbers

christian bale OTOH would have brought tons of people in just to see dark knight turned geek prince

only reason i would have gone to see steve yobz would have been to spot exactly when in the movie his fake american accent cracks and he introduces the muckintarsh in full irish brogue

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 11, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

When I come home, I ask whats for dinner. I expect 2 answers. 1 answer is about what's for me, the Alpha Male. It's going to be good, or she's going to be black and blue. Then I expect the answer for what she's having. There's only 1 acceptable answer. Do you know what it is human being? It's Tubesteak. I love to program computer.

Still loling about this post.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

But the Pencil is just plain fun. It is indeed Apple white, and there are Apple-y things about it — for example, the fact that it is weighted, and won’t roll away on a table top, and always stops rolling with the word "Pencil" facing upward on its metal band (seriously, I’ve tried this at least a dozen times).

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the ipad pro owns

https://www.macstories.net/stories/ipad-pro-review/

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://daringfireball.net/2015/11/the_ipad_pro

The iPad Pro is without question faster than the new one-port MacBook or the latest MacBook Airs. I’ve looked at several of my favorite benchmarks — Geekbench 3, Mozilla’s Kraken, and Google’s Octane 2 — and the iPad Pro is a race car. It’s only a hair slower than my year-old 13-inch MacBook Pro in single-core measurements. Graphics-wise, testing with GFXBench, it blows my MacBook Pro away. A one-year-old maxed-out MacBook Pro, rivaled by an iPad in performance benchmarks. Just think about that. According to Geekbench’s online results, the iPad Pro is faster in single-core testing than Microsoft’s new Surface Pro 4 with a Core-i5 processor. The Core-i7 version of the Surface Pro 4 isn’t shipping until December — that model will almost certainly test faster than the iPad Pro. But that’s a $1599 machine with an Intel x86 CPU. The iPad Pro starts at $799 and runs an ARM CPU — Apple’s A9X. There is no more trade-off. You don’t have to choose between the performance of x86 and the battery life of ARM.

RIP intel

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
ban cremnob

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

cremnob posted:

http://daringfireball.net/2015/11/the_ipad_pro

The iPad Pro is without question faster than the new one-port MacBook or the latest MacBook Airs. I’ve looked at several of my favorite benchmarks — Geekbench 3, Mozilla’s Kraken, and Google’s Octane 2 — and the iPad Pro is a race car. It’s only a hair slower than my year-old 13-inch MacBook Pro in single-core measurements. Graphics-wise, testing with GFXBench, it blows my MacBook Pro away. A one-year-old maxed-out MacBook Pro, rivaled by an iPad in performance benchmarks. Just think about that. According to Geekbench’s online results, the iPad Pro is faster in single-core testing than Microsoft’s new Surface Pro 4 with a Core-i5 processor. The Core-i7 version of the Surface Pro 4 isn’t shipping until December — that model will almost certainly test faster than the iPad Pro. But that’s a $1599 machine with an Intel x86 CPU. The iPad Pro starts at $799 and runs an ARM CPU — Apple’s A9X. There is no more trade-off. You don’t have to choose between the performance of x86 and the battery life of ARM.

RIP intel

none of this poo poo helps when im trying new ways to die in FTL

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

intel had a good run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

yeah i like the surface 4 too

• Locked thread