Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Nichijou is legit one of the best and funniest annie mays ever created

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Like, for a real answer as to why people like it, it's because it has an eye-pleasing and unique art style. Most of the jokes are good, and each scene doesn't last too long so it never really gets old. This format also makes it very easy to just rewatch all the funny bits in the form of youtube clips. It has absolutely zero fanservice stuff so you can't even hold that against it.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
do we know yet when the new jojo season is going to start?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No news yet in the Xibanya thread.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/clzlsaorwn/status/662646471129366530?s=09

a good tweet

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

not doin anything for me

nice to see she's got some wrestling moves, but not terribly funny

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Condiv posted:

not doin anything for me

nice to see she's got some wrestling moves, but not terribly funny

There is some context that makes it funnier, but if that's not doing it for you, don't bother with Nichijou tbh.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Nichijou is better animated than One Punch Man.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

aers posted:

Nichijou is better animated than One Punch Man.

Yeah but it's not better

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
*boldly stands up*

They are both good

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I like this show and I'm wondering if I should read the manga too? Typically, I watch anime for action and fights.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Alder posted:

I like this show and I'm wondering if I should read the manga too? Typically, I watch anime for action and fights.

Read the manga version.

Then read ONE's manga version.

Then watch the anime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Alder posted:

Only if you want to, but the manga drawn by Murata is really quite excellent while ONE's may not be easy on the eyes, it's still pretty drat good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Read the manga version.

Then watch the anime.

brotato
May 14, 2013
Yo guy learning about new anime, don't watch Nichijou. God y'all this dude just started on normie-tier stuff, don't immediately start shoving boring moe fringe-weirdo garbage at him.

I honestly tried with Nichijou because the art is good but wow, what a boring waste of time. IMO Gintama is also not a good choice for someone just getting into anime either, tho it is in fact Not Bad.

I think Cromartie High and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys are good comedy options.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
If you liked this anime for its amazing fight scenes, you should definitely check out Murata's redraw version which this is based on. It's good enough to use as a flip animation comic book, as demonstrated by the numerous gifs for it.

If you like the story premise better, check out ONE's webcomic version first. Though his art style can't be said to be award winning, his writing and storyboard skills are top notch, making action scenes feel amazing even with lousy art.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

Read the manga version.

Then watch the anime.

Disagree.

Read One's version.

Then read Murata's print version.

Then read Murata's online version.

Then read Murata's online version redraws.

Then watch all the gifs of Murata's version.

Then watch the Anime.

Then check your Murata tankobons for signs that he's snuck into your house and redrawn them.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Lot of bad opinions in this thread for an unquestionably good anime.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Gyges posted:

Disagree.

Read One's version.

Then read Murata's print version.

Then read Murata's online version.

Then read Murata's online version redraws.

Then watch all the gifs of Murata's version.

Then watch the Anime.

Then check your Murata tankobons for signs that he's snuck into your house and redrawn them.

Go back and read everything again while waiting for the next episode.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

brotato posted:

Yo guy learning about new anime, don't watch Nichijou. God y'all this dude just started on normie-tier stuff, don't immediately start shoving boring moe fringe-weirdo garbage at him.

I honestly tried with Nichijou because the art is good but wow, what a boring waste of time. IMO Gintama is also not a good choice for someone just getting into anime either, tho it is in fact Not Bad.

I think Cromartie High and Daily Lives of Highschool Boys are good comedy options.

I haven't seen it, but afaik Nichijou is just a goofy hyperactive humor show, so I don't know what could possibly make it "moe fringe-weirdo garbage".

e: aside from the main cast being girls, since that's what "moe garbage" usually means.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 7, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

brotato posted:

nichijou is just a comedy show with a cute artstyle. i don't really get how it's 'weirdo.'

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

brotato posted:

*someone watching looney tunes*

wtf is this gay poo poo, the rabbit is dressing up as a girl now? that's just loving weird and creepy

*changes channel*

ah....family guy ftw

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Preorder is up for this.

http://youtu.be/czDp-UKmBI4

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gscnenwd00575.html

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I was hoping for the Oppai hoodie

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think One Punch Man is a good anime that I found on Hulu but hmm looks like the thread has lots of opinions

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
The opinions mostly revolves around the question "which version is better?" The correct answer is "yes."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jwang posted:

The opinions mostly revolves around the question "which version is better?" The correct answer is "yes."

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Read the manga version.

Then watch the anime.

got it. However, I will miss the awesome VA though :v:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Alder posted:

Murata's manga has better animation than the anime

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm all for the decision to leave the ridiculous Murata flipbook sequences as something exclusive for the manga. Trying to outdo or match those would just sort of be a losing proposition, so instead they put the effort into making the entire rest of the fights look crazy awesome. Leaves you some incentive to read the manga, too.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm going to watch this anime, and i'm not going to read the manga :twisted:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharrrk posted:

i'm going to watch this anime, and i'm not going to read the manga :twisted:

i'm going to support your decision :twisted: :twisted:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

this is a good anime that i enjoy a lot with really good animation

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
As long as people experience One-Punch Man in some form or another, I think that's fine.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

*Knocking on door*

Have you felt the good fist of our savior One Punch Man?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Zomborgon posted:

*Knocking on door*

"If I'm here for you to ask that question, then the answer should be obvious."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zomborgon posted:

*Knocking on door*

Keep your gospel to 20 words or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i asked my friend for some anime and one of the first i tried to watch was nichijou and that poo poo was like so boring like its just poo poo happening like hey here i am bringing in the mail oh mostly bills ill put them on the pile and the rest in recycling but ill look through the offers for the grocery store there might be something good in there no well i guess i could use some sponges then ill put that on in the recycling too thaaaats the joke

• Locked thread