Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

The exteriors look so nice, it makes the interiors that much more of a shame

e: He sucks. Looks like he coulda taken those suckers down with a shotgun in five seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animax
Nov 7, 2015
Regardless of reviews, i know this game will be amazing! It's bethesda for crying out loud, amazing games but with some bugs to squash.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I still think I'm going to miss skills and skill points, really, even though there's probably no more difference in the granularity or breadth of choice offered by FO4's system.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
This having rolled release or simultaneous release?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Why does this game have the same soundtrack as Fallout 3?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Broose posted:

This having rolled release or simultaneous release?

Rolling, at least for PC. Set your VPN to New Zealand.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Are there decent free VPNs? Or is the 10 dollar one the best bet?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

That really pissed me off when I heard that. You could pick so much cool poo poo from the 50's, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Bill Haley... They go back and re-use the same mopey 30's songs from the last game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Assuming CST how early could I play if I VPN in

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Eonwe posted:

Assuming CST how early could I play if I VPN in

5AM on Monday

e: like 35 hours from now

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Oh god, how do I find a vpn to use that is safe? I'm not good with computer

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
/\ FlyVPN is the one I always suggest. They're commercial and trustworthy.

dd209 posted:

Is there anywhere with a list of the confirmed NEW enemies we've seen from the leaks so far? Off the top of my head I'm aware of:

Mirelurks having a big visual overhaul that differentiates them from previous games.
Synths
Gunships

Anything else we haven't seen in Fallout before?

Bloodbugs (giant mosquitos that can evolve into stronger forms during a fight)

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Why do none of these streamers mod their guns, I thought taticool became popular in videogames after CoD got really popular

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Boy that guy really does hate newspapers.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

They said it has three times the amount of music as Fallout 3. The soundtrack from 3 plus new stuff, including the classical station that one terrible streamer plays.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Did Piper actually die there? Was a bit hard to see since the player died right after.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ymgve posted:

Did Piper actually die there? Was a bit hard to see since the player died right after.

Yeah she did. I think they're only essential when travelling with you or after they become a proper companion.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

dd209 posted:

Is there anywhere with a list of the confirmed NEW enemies we've seen from the leaks so far? Off the top of my head I'm aware of:

Mirelurks having a big visual overhaul that differentiates them from previous games.
Synths
Gunships

Anything else we haven't seen in Fallout before?

Super mutant dogs!

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

ymgve posted:

Looked like she was just 'down', so I guess she's essential.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I think all the streamers are either trolls or goons. I've seen some cringe worthy LP's but some of these streamers lack cognitive function beyond bewilderment.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Well, that NPC died at least.

edit: and so did the stream.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 8, 2015

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

grrarg posted:

They said it has three times the amount of music as Fallout 3. The soundtrack from 3 plus new stuff, including the classical station that one terrible streamer plays.

Wait, does that mean Butcher Pete is back!?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Funkmaster General posted:

Wait, does that mean Butcher Pete is back!?

yes, and butcher pete part 2.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
FAllout 4 doesnt have threedog, what a dissapoinment foer the fans

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

/\ FlyVPN is the one I always suggest. They're commercial and trustworthy.

Bloodbugs (giant mosquitos that can evolve into stronger forms during a fight)

I don't think I've used a VPN for unlocking on steam before. Do I need to be connected all the time when it is decrypting the files only or do I have to be connected until the game launches in my timezone?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Broose posted:

I don't think I've used a VPN for unlocking on steam before. Do I need to be connected all the time when it is decrypting the files only or do I have to be connected until the game launches in my timezone?

You have to either keep being connected to the VPN until the "real" release time, or you can put Steam in offline mode after decrypting and launching the game once. The latter might interfere with achievements, though.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

That didnt take long for youtube to take down his stream

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
It had apparently been up for several hours, so it still took a while.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

How come the other guy quit streaming anyway? Not that i dont miss watching the guy use nothing but a pipe pistol.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Publishers are so terrified of leaks, because with an embargo they can control opinion before it affects their bottom line. These streams show the game without the for pay 9/10 reviews. I wish these streamers would try to show everything.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Lakbay posted:

They just used the skills from fallout 3 for the bobblehead names. The repair bobblehead in fallout 4 just increases fusion core duration by 10%. I can't find the image I linked earlier about what each one does.

Oooh okay.

I just know there's going to be a moment where I stumble into a goddamn fort and get wrecked, only to return later with a full core and lots of flamer fuel.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

grrarg posted:

so does that mean 9 songs instead of 3?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
player.setav strength 10
player.setav perception 10
player.setav endurance 10
player.setav charisma 10
player.setav intelligence 10
player.setav agility 10
player.setav luck 10

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What is the general consensus among actual players at this point? I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the poo poo out of it but I do like to see what people have to say.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Publishers are so terrified of leaks, because with an embargo they can control opinion before it affects their bottom line. These streams show the game without the for pay 9/10 reviews. I wish these streamers would try to show everything.

The opinion control is making the early streamers idiots

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

New Leaf posted:

What is the general consensus among actual players at this point? I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy the poo poo out of it but I do like to see what people have to say.

the game is bad and your mother is a whore

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
your mother is six whores

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Baracula posted:

the game is bad and your mother is a whore

counnterpoint. it's fallout and it's good. all fallouts are good and youre bad at video games.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

afkmacro posted:

counnterpoint. it's fallout and it's good. all fallouts are good and youre bad at video games.

actually, fallout is a slut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
And stream is back up again.

• Locked thread