Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Awesome! posted:

hmmm, nah

So what you're saying is, the Xbox one freaking... sucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I hate xbox and their goddamn commercials on everything in the menus.

To be fair, the PS4 isn't much better here with all the sponsored services and whatnot.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
The only Xbone game that looks remotely interesting (and it's not out yet) is Scalebound. Cuphead looks bad rear end, but that's a timed exclusive. Buying a bone for 1 game isn't worth it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

This is the best xbone anything

http://youtu.be/ixqwOIByMAc

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

On the other hand the PS4 doesn't have many exclusives that somebody considering a Bone would care about, aside from some Sony developed/codeveloped titles like Uncharted or Bloodborne.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Watrick posted:

The only Xbone game that looks remotely interesting (and it's not out yet) is Scalebound. Cuphead looks bad rear end, but that's a timed exclusive. Buying a bone for 1 game isn't worth it.

Wait, have they confirmed Cuphead is coming to PS4 or is it timed to eventually come to PC?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's on PC as well. Reminder that Cuphead is taking so long because MS is forcing the devs to add in actual levels after the 'boss rush only' nature of the game was revealed and had a negative response.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's on PC as well. Reminder that Cuphead is taking so long because MS is forcing the devs to add in actual levels after the 'boss rush only' nature of the game was revealed and had a negative response.

Note that this is the thinking that killed Phantom Dust.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Wait, have they confirmed Cuphead is coming to PS4 or is it timed to eventually come to PC?

axleblaze posted:

Bone and PC for sure, according to Wikipedia and a few other sites. Apparently we will have to wait and see for "other consoles."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Wait, what? But that was one of the most appealing things about it besides the art style.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Motto posted:

On the other hand the PS4 doesn't have many exclusives that somebody considering a Bone would care about, aside from some Sony developed/codeveloped titles like Uncharted or Bloodborne.

PS4 has a bunch of great stuff on the horizon though. Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5 (also on PS3 to be fair), The Last Guardian... what's the Bone have on the horizon? Scalebound?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Instant Grat posted:

PS4 has a bunch of great stuff on the horizon though. Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5 (also on PS3 to be fair), The Last Guardian... what's the Bone have on the horizon? Scalebound?

most of the xbro halo/forza crowd doesnt give a poo poo about any of that stuff, including scalebound

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Unless your friends made the mistake of buying Xbones there's no reason to buy one

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, what? But that was one of the most appealing things about it besides the art style.

Yeah, I had no idea that was going on with it. Fighting a shitload of crazy bosses with little filler was a big draw. In a few years the Bone will be $100 with 15 free games at the rate things are going, so whatever.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

:lol: I think that game looks great and it would be a shame is MS ruined it but really it would also be hilarious if MS ruined it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

Like I said, nothing a normal person considering a Bone would care about.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't find anything about it now, so I may have been repeating sharktank hearsay, sorry.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Scalebound is a weird exclusive for MS to have. Just seems like it would sell like garbage on Xbox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

Scalebound is a weird exclusive for MS to have. Just seems like it would sell like garbage on Xbox.

it will. sunset overdrive failed to chart with the exact same 90's over the top attitude character as scalebound. nobody bought an xbox to play an action rpg

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think Platinum just wanted to have an exclusive on all three consoles. Scalebound looks really good, but it's also the one I'm least interested in and it will take way more than that before I start considering a bone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

I think Platinum just wanted to have an exclusive on all three consoles. Scalebound looks really good, but it's also the one I'm least interested in and it will take way more than that before I start considering a bone.

the trailers at gamescom made it look seriously bad. no platnum game should have visible numbers flying out of enemies goddamn

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

This is the best xbone anything

http://youtu.be/ixqwOIByMAc

Guarantee Sony has something similar.

The worst part of this video is that it appears to be produced in the closet of a server room with a guy who can only look at the camera 50% of the time because he needs to read the script off-screen.

That first scenario of a) willingly clicking on a Coke commercial and b) willingly tweeting some garbage corporate message is pretty hilarious.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I've paid zero attention to Scalebound. Is it just character-action Monster Hunter like the original trailer made it look?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

I've paid zero attention to Scalebound. Is it just character-action Monster Hunter like the original trailer made it look?

not really its a buddy game staring DmC's dante and a giant dragon who you order to attack things for you while you do the same 3 hit combo on scrub enemies enough times to turn into dragon form yourself and do a super on the big monster. you can also throw giant ugly looking bomb things at the enemies too. its all in the trailer.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Awesome! posted:

aside from a hacker trivializing a rift or whatever whats the problem? its a co-op game

It's bad when someone with hacked equipment runs around giving everyone 20+ paragon levels per mob thanks to how +xp is handled in groups (all that regardless of where the characters are).

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

The videos make it look like a single player version with a dragon as a sidekick. Unfortunately the main character has headphones that glow and it plays lots of dubstep. It looks like it's aiming for the Bone demographic and it's painful to watch that aspect.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Healbot posted:

It's bad when someone with hacked equipment runs around giving everyone 20+ paragon levels per mob thanks to how +xp is handled in groups (all that regardless of where the characters are).
yea i didnt realize xp was shared like that

does hearts of stone add stuff to the main campaign so that i would want it during a first playthrough of w3 or is it only the lvl 35 stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

yea i didnt realize xp was shared like that

does hearts of stone add stuff to the main campaign so that i would want it during a first playthrough of w3 or is it only the lvl 35 stuff

its all advanced stuff. the shop stuff that it adds like the runesmith are more expensive than all the money you're likely to gather in the whole campaign. i played it stand alone and it was ok if a bit too short.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok ill put that off until i get there then. just used that 20% off code that came with my ps4 to get trials fusion max down to $16 + the resogun season pass, rocket league dlc and the new helldivers all terrain guy :hellyeah:

aand now im gonna go play destiny cause theres some quest only open today or something lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I can't remember if they came out of the enemies but I thought Bayonetta 1 had a bunch of numbers flying around

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I can't remember if they came out of the enemies but I thought Bayonetta 1 had a bunch of numbers flying around

i'm playing it now and it doesn't. there are megaton levels on your torment moves but not the same thing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Yeah that's probably what I was thinking of.

Bayo is cooooool as heck

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame Bayonetta 2 is stuck on the Wii U where most people won't play it because it's even better.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Awesome! posted:

aand now im gonna go play destiny cause theres some quest only open today or something lol

Huh?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

axleblaze posted:

It's a shame Bayonetta 2 is stuck on the Wii U where most people won't play it because it's even better.

this still makes me sad

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, but it's understandable given that Bayo 2 wouldn't exist if Nintendo hadn't funded it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. Stuff like Bayonetta 2 and Bloodborne wouldn't exist without Nintendo and Sony. They are proper exclusives (even if Bayonetta 1 was multi platform). Unlike sending a wheelbarrow of money at Squeenix to delay Tomb Raider on PS4.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Sleeper Simulant starter if you've previously found the 4 gunsmith relics.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I played it. It's excellent. There are other good games on Wii U, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

How do I download e-pizza?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3tx3IEsN4
You'll need a Pizza-drive.

• Locked thread