Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

on bone just got kicked as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Patch on PC seems to have massively improved things, that along with tweaking my settings has the game mostly running without issue. Still have the settings a bit below what they should be and I'm afraid to push them any higher.

Jetpacking feels really good.

So, what tweaks are those? Because this runs like garbage for me and I have a 970 and am only playing at 1680 x 1050.

Also, does it lose campaign progress all the time? Or only when it kicks you off the servers and has you play singleplayer offline?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah, online campaign progress and offline are different which is stupid

continuing from the safehouse sent me to the previous mission. so i quit and started the new mission manually, but that sent me back to the safehouse. seems to work now, though

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Seems to be back up now.

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Mister Macys posted:

Netcode is still loving garbage, Javes gave me a false positive. :sigh:

I've been having some really weird problems with multiplayer that I've never encountered in a game before (this is my first COD since MW3) but I'm not sure if it's lag or not? I really can't think of what else it could be. Basically, I keep dying a lot in situations where me and another player see each other at the exact same time (both coming round a corner, for example) and we both aim and shoot each other at the exact same time, and I die. Normally this wouldn't bother me but when I watch the killcam, it shows that they saw me about a second or two before I saw them, which is impossible, and I don't start shooting at them (in the killcam) until they've riddled me with bullets and I'm nearly dead.

It's weird because the game doesn't feel laggy at all, nobody is teleporting around and the scoreboard shows everyone at four green bars, but I keep dying to all these situations where the killcam shows that people see me and start shooting at me before they actually do. It's weird and like I'm playing a second or two behind everybody else? I've never encountered anything like this in a multiplayer game before and I even went back and played some Modern Warfare 3 on PS3 a couple months ago and that game didn't have any problems like this. It's frustrating because I can only kill people by shooting them in the back right now, any actual gunfights are impossible since I seem to be experiencing the game a second or two slower than everyone else.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Yeah this is insane, it's bouncing between 80ms and 400ms pings and i basically wind up spending matches shooting down killstreaks i'm feeding the other team because i cant win a 1v1 gunfight because i'm just staring at everyone in the killcams

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BO2 had some poo poo networking at the beginning too and it got straightened out. I was hoping they would have avoided that this time by having a beta but here we are.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

What's with this "The lobby is not joinable" trash?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

The Berzerker posted:

What's with this "The lobby is not joinable" trash?
I got a UI error while playing campaign and opening up the weapon customization. Had to restart the game on PS4 because my menus disappeared. :psyduck: The default pistol is so lovely, it actually breaks the game when you try to load the model apparently.

Seriously, that thing might as well have NERF printed on the side.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Overdrive is so loving good on CTF maps

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RiperSnifler posted:

I keep feeling like I've suddenly gotten terrible at CoD but then if you look at the scores it seems like at least 9 out of 12 players have broken even or have a negative KDR at the end of any given round. Did they balance this game by making everyone suck now?

You realize KD ratio is a zero-sum game, right? Its relative. But the matchmaking does seem to sprinkle good players among teams of bad players, but the servers just came out. Hopefully skill matchmaking will improve.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
PC player here. I've got a GTX 560 and the game looks and runs like garbage. I've been out of the loop on components for years, anyone have recommendations on a midrange 7 or 9 series that won't be bottlenecked too badly by a Phenom II x4 955?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Corvo posted:

I've been having some really weird problems with multiplayer that I've never encountered in a game before (this is my first COD since MW3) but I'm not sure if it's lag or not? I really can't think of what else it could be. Basically, I keep dying a lot in situations where me and another player see each other at the exact same time (both coming round a corner, for example) and we both aim and shoot each other at the exact same time, and I die. Normally this wouldn't bother me but when I watch the killcam, it shows that they saw me about a second or two before I saw them, which is impossible, and I don't start shooting at them (in the killcam) until they've riddled me with bullets and I'm nearly dead.

It's weird because the game doesn't feel laggy at all, nobody is teleporting around and the scoreboard shows everyone at four green bars, but I keep dying to all these situations where the killcam shows that people see me and start shooting at me before they actually do. It's weird and like I'm playing a second or two behind everybody else? I've never encountered anything like this in a multiplayer game before and I even went back and played some Modern Warfare 3 on PS3 a couple months ago and that game didn't have any problems like this. It's frustrating because I can only kill people by shooting them in the back right now, any actual gunfights are impossible since I seem to be experiencing the game a second or two slower than everyone else.

Welcome to every CoD game ever made. Would you like to know more? Press 1 to Google "Lag Compensation", press 2 to grow irrationally angry at it without researching it, or press 3 to laugh at the lovely code they've been using for a literal decade instead.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Enemies that sit outside of your point and just shoot into it rather than actually capping is so lovely.

Anyone want to do zombies tonight? psn rayst191

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anonononomous posted:

So, what tweaks are those? Because this runs like garbage for me and I have a 970 and am only playing at 1680 x 1050.

Also, does it lose campaign progress all the time? Or only when it kicks you off the servers and has you play singleplayer offline?

There was a Workerthreads = "2" fix for the .ini file but supposedly the patch makes that unneccesary.

In the graphics options, make sure 'sync every frame' is checked and make sure you set the frame limit to 60 or lower, you may have to drag the bar around to turn it on or something. I was originally running at 62 fps most of the time with massive lag. Forcing 60 or 59 helped a lot.

Turn off ambient occlusion, sub-surface scattering, and order independent transparency or whatever. Also don't do ultra textures unless you have a stupid amount of graphics RAM.

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
Where's the loving spreadsheet telling me what guns to use

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Yo the campaign is dumb but I can attack people with flaming bees 5/5 GOTY

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Freaquency posted:

THE BEES MASON WHAT DO THEY MEAN

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
A cool thing this game does is that even if you have a 144Hz monitor and have the ingame refresh rate set to 144Hz it only runs at 60FPS unless you edit the ini

edit: I can't believe there's a menu option for this that I somehow missed despite visiting the Graphics options multiple times

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 8, 2015

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Chappy posted:

Burst assault rifle is p. sweet.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ASaggyClothCat/video/12600094

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I was finally getting a feel for the game and started doing well, so the game rewarded me by kicking me off the servers

I did notice that if you join a game in progress and lose, it says that the loss doesn't count against you. So that's nice of them I guess.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Looking to start campaign from beginning with 4 need 2 more now

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
I'm incredibly bad at this game. I guess I've been trying to run and gun too much.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Rei_ posted:

Has anyone else had trouble getting an open NAT in this one? I have all the necessary ports forwarded and a static IP set up for the xbone and the game itself and the xbone settings themselves report an Open NAT, but the game only reports Moderate. What gives?

Did you forward the COD-specific port 3075? The console (both Xbone and PS4 I believe) want you to forward 3074 to get an open NAT on their services, but COD wants 3075 forwarded as well. I did that and my in-game NAT immediately went from moderate to open.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Looking to start campaign from beginning with 4 need 2 more now

There's co-op campaign?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yup were like 30 mins in

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

BCRock posted:

Did you forward the COD-specific port 3075? The console (both Xbone and PS4 I believe) want you to forward 3074 to get an open NAT on their services, but COD wants 3075 forwarded as well. I did that and my in-game NAT immediately went from moderate to open.
If you go to Options, Network and highlight the NAT section it'll tell you what port to forward. Mine specified 3074 (UDP only). Of course, my router being a piece of poo poo I ended up using DMZ mode and forwarding everything to the PS4 which also works.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what is it with pubbies camping panera

I mean the bunker/garage/whatever

it always ends in a bath of blood

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 8, 2015

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Holy crap, a robot really does literally rip your arms off which is very ouch indeed, but also cool because you get nice new arms and legs and stuff.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

mfny posted:

Holy crap, a robot really does literally rip your arms off which is very ouch indeed, but also cool because you get nice new arms and legs and stuff.

Also breaks your leg. And caves in your chest. And then nearly caves in your skull.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

GOTY because I was trained to be a robot man by Detective Elliot Stabler

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Also breaks your leg. And caves in your chest. And then nearly caves in your skull.

Indeed, almost as good a "getting your poo poo wrecked" scene as Deus Ex:Human Revolution... but no awesome "we can rebuild" montage thingy afterward though like in Human Rev.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DreamShipWrecked posted:

GOTY because I was trained to be a robot man by Detective Elliot Stabler

Oh poo poo really? I need to play the campaign asap now.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh poo poo really? I need to play the campaign asap now.
no, don't

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Ops: Special Victims Unit sounds fun as heck. Is Munch a robot?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Black Ops: Special Victims Unit sounds fun as heck. Is Munch a robot?

You're assuming he wasn't the whole time?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Is there some glitch preventing me from using my custom emblem? How do you change your emblems on PC?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

MoaM posted:

Is there some glitch preventing me from using my custom emblem? How do you change your emblems on PC?
Did you press S to set emblem or whatever the hotkey is
It's listed in small font

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Chappy posted:

Haymaker or Gorgon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Freaquency posted:

Seriouschat, go straight for the flaming-bees Chaos tree and don't look back. It sounds cool to be able to hack robots and tanks, but 90% of the time you have to kill everything else to get the hack off without being interrupted, so you end up controlling a tank, and with gently caress all to shoot. If anything it's basically a 'skip this long boss-esque fight' button unless it's a actual boss, and nothing will work. :argh:

Originally I thought the campaign was a bit of a piss-take on the rest of the games, but as it goes along, it becomes painfully obvious it's just awful writing. :sigh: Co-op ramps up crazily though. A area with normally only a handful of normal dudes, maybe one sniper and a few drones becomes a army with non-stop waves of drones, and snipers loving everywhere with four players.

• Locked thread