Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What has changed since before the crown store? Are magic DKs still a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Sogol posted:

(apparent) patience

I recommend sticking to Cadwell's Silver and Gold until you run out. If you're careful, you can get full experience in there until v14, at which point you can switch to IC/Wrothgar. Craglorn can be done at any time in your veteran ranks, but there's not as much content there as in Wrothgar, and half of it requires a group that hasn't done the quests already. Best to save it for when you hit v16 and are looking for something to do with other guildies.

Also, I'm @ennuid. I run pledges and keep your ignore list warm and toasty.

Bonapartisan posted:

I fill the gbank with money (goal met) and cooking crap, please take it. (not the money)

Speaking of guild banks, when are we ironically getting a guild trader in a terrible location? Like Stros M'Kai or something.

Tenzarin posted:

What has changed since before the crown store? Are magic DKs still a thing?

They're not as ridiculously overpowered as they were back in 2014, but a vampire dunmer DK is still a solid choice. Champ points allow you to fix some of the toughness issues associated with being melee in light armor, and it doesn't take very long to get them with the new experience curve. I believe talons are unblockable again in PvP, as well.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Dunmer dragonknights will never not be awesome. I am reasonably sure of this; if you want fire they do the fire more fire than any other fire.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

doomfunk posted:

Dunmer dragonknights will never not be awesome. I am reasonably sure of this; if you want fire they do the fire more fire than any other fire.

My guy is an imperial.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, I mean, there is no wrong race really* but I am partial to dunmer.

*Argonians may in fact be wrong

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sogol posted:

Also, who is who? Some people have the same name here as in-game and others don't. I look d through the OP, but didn't find a list. Sogol=@naktl, playing Caliban the Apostate mostly right now.
I'm @savinder in-game and I mostly run Roomba on the guild bank, do some questing on my own and chat in the guild chat about nerdy things for nerds. :v:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Orsinium is really pretty. Man, I love snowy mountains. :kimchi:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, your new playerbase

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

That's really depressing.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Anyone else getting a loading screen with no "play" button? If I try to exit out of the launcher it then says "Could Not Load News".

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Someone needs to introduce him to Skyrim.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

Anyone else getting a loading screen with no "play" button? If I try to exit out of the launcher it then says "Could Not Load News".

Don't run the launcher. Find the direct launch button from the game files and shortcut it.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Anyone WTB the Akaviri Motifs? I just got back into the game with Wrothgar and have 2.5m AP to burn in exchange for Gold.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

doomfunk posted:

Yeah, I mean, there is no wrong race really* but I am partial to dunmer.

*Argonians may in fact be wrong

UHHHH

UHHHH

Argonians are the closest biologically to actual dragons so in fact Argonian DK is the proper choice.

You're welcome for this insightful gift.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I don't even know where to begin with that. Cats are closer to dragons than Argonians. Argonians were trees, are trees, will once again be trees.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Red Herring posted:

Anyone WTB the Akaviri Motifs? I just got back into the game with Wrothgar and have 2.5m AP to burn in exchange for Gold.

I'd be down for another set of Ravager's (chest, legs, jewelry). Hit me up at @ennuid for details.

e: Hope you're PC NA!

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 5, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:New Bug Spotted:siren:

Stam toons, if you get below 30% stamina, then crouch, hold block and move forward a few steps, you'll get 100% stamina back instantly.

Abuse this before Monday's patch if you want.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Got it reinstalled and patched, switch my dk to stam. I like the horse changes.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

I think you mean one player.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Chillrend closing down on Monday. RIP Goon IC campaign

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Closing down and merging, which kicks rear end.

Kerplunk
Oct 24, 2003
FECES!!!
Welp, it happened. I coughed up the money for a paid account.

I honestly didn't expect to be playing long when I started again. I played around launch and it was a goddamn disaster. Surprisingly it's actually fun these days.

...I've yet to explore the new area. I'll do it this weekend when I'm not constantly working. Anyway, I highly recommend this here game. It's the first time I've paid for a monthly subscription since.. well, Ultima Online (and this game when it sucked goddamn it).

Kerplunk fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 6, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/DHC7B

Mercenary shield, heavy armor, staff, and sword.

Shield owns.

Sword also owns, it's basically a giant machete.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ennu is this you?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
That mercenary sword looks like a falchion. It's all cool, but that sword and shield are really cool.

All the things:
Having ignored my own intuition and the generous (correct) advice from my betters in this thread I have spent some time flat out poopsock grinding. Now, against all odds, I have begun to accumulate- telvar stones, AP, usable trophies and a few keys. Save them or just spend them willy-nilly?

I think I am something like V7(?). I feel this is great testament to ZOS since I still really have no idea how to play the game. I now suspect that will be able to successfully reach V16 while retaining my profoundly clueless state. Apparently my character Caliban has a fragile temperament because he seems to just fall over dead at the mere sight of a player from another realm. I continue to blame some of this on the fact that my frame rate is usually single digits and I have begun to notice things like the Synergy X first appearing just as someone's Atronarch crumbles to dust. This also means that that the visual cues from mobs and things like self heals are delayed the same way. None of this is much of an issue soloing because I can act and heal predictively, but becomes more consequential when foisting myself on unsuspecting players and having to move at their pace. Of course this means that I can never finish my PC because it will then be revealed that I also simply can't play and my fragile ego won't withstand such a blow. I would have to shave and wear sunglasses so as to be incognito and not ridiculed in public. Thank you Apple for the ego saving wonder that is the Mac Mini.

Does anyone ever use TS or discord for don jons and such?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Can I get an invite to the three goon guilds? Username is @madhabmatics.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

I have ten years of liver damage on him, but yeah, pretty close. Also, lol if your first MMO had graphics.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Did you happen to play Avalon? Think that was the name.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
fffffffffffff I need to read prompts before hitting yes, could I get a re-invite to the guild? @halman

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Halman posted:

fffffffffffff I need to read prompts before hitting yes, could I get a re-invite to the guild? @halman
Invite sent.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
Reporting in from the land of the poopsocker. Champ points over the cap appear to cost double, not 1.5x as advertised. And enlightenment is only given out 400k at a time.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I am up to 100+ cp which I have delightfully put in all the wrong places. I really want a bash build to work, even though I am not really specced as a tank. Weirdly a lot of the bash and block things are in the medium armor tree. I think I will eventually make a heal-tank Lizard as my second failplar.

I played a bit more with Cyrodill pvp. My combat logs are interesting even when I win. Even if I am spamming some fast attack there is one line in the log from me and then about six from my opponent. My computer apparently thinks it is a CYOA and is considering the next move for me. If it is open field with multiple opponents then everyone is in anonymous black silhouette Mr. Shadow mode the whole time. It never loads past that for most opposing players.

I figure this is a feature requiring me to learn to use the Force to predict where my opponents are going to be several minutes before they arrive there. It's all very Matrix with beautiful freeze frame shots of people flying through the air as they kill me.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I think the whole bash build thing was much more viable when blocking still allowed stam regen.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yeh. It hits for roughly the same as my heavy attacks and I have minimized stamina cost, but the no regen while blocking messes it up. It's appealing, but doesn't work.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

/horn on people's corpses after they try to gank you makes them mad.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

make yourself feel better about sucking as bad as you know you do

"I chose to pop out of stealth against superior numbers and lost. Do you even know how to play this game?"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

Yeh. It hits for roughly the same as my heavy attacks and I have minimized stamina cost, but the no regen while blocking messes it up. It's appealing, but doesn't work.

Bash builds got completely gutted a few weeks after launch because it was basically the go-to build for sword and board toons.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
So I played back in beta and was super unwilling to shell out the cash to buy the game, but since there's no mandatory subscription now and I got it on sale for $25, I finally coughed up. Do most goons play in Ebonheart Pact still? And is Sorcerer still squishy and likely to get newbies smeared across the landscape?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Quorum posted:

So I played back in beta and was super unwilling to shell out the cash to buy the game, but since there's no mandatory subscription now and I got it on sale for $25, I finally coughed up. Do most goons play in Ebonheart Pact still? And is Sorcerer still squishy and likely to get newbies smeared across the landscape?

Sorcerer is squishy until you either:

A)Level up Resto Staff, Daedric Summoning, and Light Armor and get access to all of those ward skills; or you level up Storm Calling to get Power Surge and stack spell crit out the rear end to get heals back.

or

B)You give in and commit yourself to the Church of Ennuid and go Stamina Sorcerer (don't do this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Hmm. I may make my first character a Dragon Knight instead, in that case, because fire is cool and fun. I'm honestly kind of befuddled by the options so I guess I'll tinker around until I find something I like!

Quorum fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 9, 2015

• Locked thread