Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Like Blood
Sep 9, 2009
Adams' cartoons are invariably loving awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Sinai plane crash – After data from a black box on the downed Russian plane ‘strongly favours’ the theory it was brought down by a bomb, the presence of the US, UK and Russia in Syria takes centre stage once again"

Independent:

After Norman Garstin.

Times:

After John Lewis.

Stephen Collins:
won't load for me. Try here.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's been a long time for the Indie guy since he last showed off his National Gallery lifetime membership.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Uhhh not totally sure it's worth it, but here ya go

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Cairns really doesn't like Scotlab.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Coohoolin posted:

Cairns really doesn't like Scotlab.

wow, I'm not that keen on Dugdale but in terms of content this is pretty much on Pee Pee Doo Doo level, i mean it's not even consistent with Dugdale's character

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Seriously Mac, gently caress Off.

e: Cairns can gently caress off as well.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 8, 2015

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Tories take up arms - Chris Riddell on Conservative plans to whip, slash and bash"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
This one from last week is slightly better (when Scotlab voted against Trident renewal and Labour said "lol so what?").

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If... 2-5 November

I'll admit, "Trajoonian" made me laugh. Hopefully this is the last we'll see of this arc!

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

Coohoolin posted:

This one from last week is slightly better (when Scotlab voted against Trident renewal and Labour said "lol so what?").

Not sure I understand, is Cairns having a go at the rest of Labour for not agreeing with Scottish Labour on a policy?

Why is Scottish Labour a white dog?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

tdrules posted:

Not sure I understand, is Cairns having a go at the rest of Labour for not agreeing with Scottish Labour on a policy?

Why is Scottish Labour a white dog?

Cairns is having a go at Scottish Labour for trying to do something autonomously from UK Labour and failing utterly- they voted against Trident renewal and the Shadow Defence Secretary basically came out going "well it's not devolved so what they think doesn't matter at all", showing that Scottish Labour is a pretty useless political entity with no real autonomy- hence the leash. As for why a white dog, I have no idea.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cairns is having a go at Scottish Labour because they did a thing and he's paid to make them look bad. Ditto the Dugdale thing, nobody actually knows what politicians are like these days, they only know what the papers tell them, so if the papers say she's a spoiled brat then by god she might as well be.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Dabir posted:

Cairns is having a go at Scottish Labour because they did a thing and he's paid to make them look bad. Ditto the Dugdale thing, nobody actually knows what politicians are like these days, they only know what the papers tell them, so if the papers say she's a spoiled brat then by god she might as well be.

You know Cairns doesn't get published in any "papers", yes?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Who are the Treens? Other than people who rhyme with Greens

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

These guys:

:v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

You know Cairns doesn't get published in any "papers", yes?

Who the gently caress is a Cairns

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dabir posted:

Who the gently caress is a Cairns
A nationalist cartoonist.

I'm curious about how defense could ever be a devolved issue. I guess it could fall on each region to raise troops and decide whether to send them into battle or not, but for something like Trident? I guess they could move all the equipment elsewhere and excuse Scotland from paying for any of it, with the promise not to counterattack if someone were to nuke Scotland.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh, so he's a jackass for free then.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Guavanaut posted:

A nationalist cartoonist.

I'm curious about how defense could ever be a devolved issue. I guess it could fall on each region to raise troops and decide whether to send them into battle or not, but for something like Trident? I guess they could move all the equipment elsewhere and excuse Scotland from paying for any of it, with the promise not to counterattack if someone were to nuke Scotland.

Surely there's a way to take Scottish Labour votes or opinions into account a major issue like Trident without completely devolving defence (something that would never happen) without just going "lol you're a pointless party branch in North Britain".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
His cartoons are far too bland to inspire this much talk.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dabir posted:

Oh, so he's a jackass for free then.

He's a jackass because he... disagrees with you?

The cartoon is easy to understand, its not lazily drawn and there's clearly a joke present. Maybe the actual jackass is you?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Gonzo McFee posted:

His cartoons are far too bland to inspire this much talk.

That's not fair, he's had some fantastic pieces.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Coohoolin posted:

Out of those four I would say only the Scotland Bill one is decent. I'm afraid you're even going to have to explain the second one to me?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Out of those four I would say only the Scotland Bill one is decent. I'm afraid you're even going to have to explain the second one to me?

They've rolled out a red carpet for the tories.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Puntification posted:

They've rolled out a red carpet for the tories.

Doesn't really make sense at all without some context? Was this in response to specific event like the abstention on the welfare bill or something? Even if that's so it's pretty bleh.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It was during the election campaign, with labour going "well we agree with the Tories but we'll be nicer about it" and losing horribly. It's just a great metaphor, since milibands labour basically gifted the election to the Tories.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Doesn't really make sense at all without some context? Was this in response to specific event like the abstention on the welfare bill or something? Even if that's so it's pretty bleh.

Even sans context it works as a general complaint about a failure of opposition (so relevant any time pre-corbyn) he asks where it is and the other guy refers to a visual metaphor for welcoming someone, it might not be stunningly hilarious but not exactly obtuse either.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Coohoolin posted:

Did he do that wonderful cartoon you posted a few weeks ago showing the SNP party house sitting on the far right, beyond the Tories?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Puntification posted:

Even sans context it works as a general complaint about a failure of opposition (so relevant any time pre-corbyn) he asks where it is and the other guy refers to a visual metaphor for welcoming someone, it might not be stunningly hilarious but not exactly obtuse either.

Obviously I understand what a red carpet signifies but it's pretty weaksauce unless you're rabidly anti-Labour like Cooholin - there were substantial differences between Ed and the Tories on tax and welfare. Harriet Harman's welfare bill fuckup is the only situation where this cartoon could hit the mark and that was down to the fact that she was just trying to tread water until the leadership election had completed, and we got the Corbs, so at best this cartoon was relevant for the wrong reasons for all of about 5 minutes. Not even average, never mind fantastic.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It's from when Labour abstained on the welfare bill instead of actually opposing it. I thought it was pretty good!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Coohoolin posted:

Surely there's a way to take Scottish Labour votes or opinions into account a major issue like Trident without completely devolving defence (something that would never happen) without just going "lol you're a pointless party branch in North Britain".
How? There is 1 Scottish MP & Westminster will not devolve defence ever so how the hell do you suggest that?

And why take it that far? Why not further? Devolve it to each constituency: Let Cowdenbeath constituency have a say in it because that's where poo poo will probably get made, or Dumbarton constituency because Faslane is such a boon to the area as far as jobs goes. Or is the Cowdenbeath SNP just a branch of the national party in Edinburgh?

What I'm saying is that the "only a branch party" line is one of the most tedious & stupid in the SNP playbook

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Devolve defense to the county level and bring back private armies under local aristocrats. Trident will be used not over an invasion, but a boundary dispute involving a hedge.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Remembrance Sunday – The Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn, was criticised for the depth of his bow, while others say media are attempting to politicise the occasion"

Telegraph:

David Cameron 'deadly serious' about need for EU reform

Times:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Deploy the Simon Danczuk Pals Batallion!
Just him on his own?

God bless Rowson.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gen Houghton's nuclear comments – Army chief suggested Jeremy Corbyn’s unilateralist views on ending Trident make him unfit to be PM"

Telegraph:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I'm sure this is meant to be an anti-Corbyn cartoon because it's in the telegraph but I'm stumped here, this all seems pretty cool and good. Though that might not be an energy-saving bulb coming out of the cool nuke-lampshade, maybe Adams is doubting Corbyn's enviromental credentials? Not sure.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Can we just have the BBC show Threads again?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's not even the Leninist we deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

goatface posted:

He's not even the Leninist we deserve

Is Lenin doing the Corbyn side-eye in that picture?

• Locked thread