Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
A hype collection of pages.

And yes Hijack, that is odd, welcome to the English language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'll admit it: I'm hype for the finale of hitball.

Hijack having a moment of reflection on the oddity of language was entertaining.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Fat chance is sarcastic while slim chance is not.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

one thousand dollars on forge pulling in johnny to keep him from getting murdered by the ball

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'll take that bet. I bet Max doesn't move out of the way of the ball this time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Forge Forge Forge Forge

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Max seems to have calculated having Johnny behind him and Jeff expecting him to get out of the way again. He must have a plan to stop the ball somehow.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Hey, Hijack, calm down man. It's just a game.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Fecha posted:

Max seems to have calculated having Johnny behind him and Jeff expecting him to get out of the way again. He must have a plan to stop the ball somehow.

I'd expect him to pull some kind of spectral move like Dimitri did back when HiJeff started hurling cannonballs around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fecha posted:

Yes. His face.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Mentalizer posted:

I'd expect him to pull some kind of spectral move like Dimitri did back when HiJeff started hurling cannonballs around.

Does he know any? Max can barely even fire a spec shot. Most the good he's done has been down to flippy tricks and general mental acuity.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cubone posted:

Does he know any? Max can barely even fire a spec shot. Most the good he's done has been down to flippy tricks and general mental acuity.

Max can use his magnet powers just fine, though. Odds are Johnny will be able to use his forge powers from jump.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I'll take that bet. I bet Max doesn't move out of the way of the ball this time.

Fecha posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXAiXqCWW3k

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I feel like I can almost put safe money on the next page having gym class end with a sudden bell interrupting HiJeff's throw and everybody just shuffling out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He can just go into Spirit Time, though he doesn't know how to.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Oh gross I just realized what all the veiny stuff on Jeff probably is. I think it's puppet strings, underneath his skin.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

He can just go into Spirit Time, though he doesn't know how to.

He would need a spirit to do that, and he doesn't have the bat with him.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Ariong posted:

Max can use his magnet powers just fine, though. Odds are Johnny will be able to use his forge powers from jump.

Aren't magnet powers from his bat, though? And is that ball made of metal?

E: I may have misread. I thought you meant he would be using his magnet powers on the ball to catch it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Slime posted:

Oh gross I just realized what all the veiny stuff on Jeff probably is. I think it's puppet strings, underneath his skin.
poo poo, you're probably right.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Slime posted:

They're veins, from his big muscles.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

as a doctor i can confirm that Big Muscles need Big Oxygen

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Jeff secretly has sick vascularity. If he worked out he could be veiny all the time without Hijack's help. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I can't tell if the comic is parodying itself or if Zack thinks it's genuinely exciting to get a triple update consisting mostly of uninteresting monologue while moving things forward exactly not at all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't tell if the comic is parodying itself or if Zack thinks it's genuinely exciting to get a triple update consisting mostly of uninteresting monologue while moving things forward exactly not at all.

He set off to parody shonen anime pacing but at the end he's even worse at it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Affectionate parody.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stare too long into the shonen and the shonen stares back.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I suspect the triple update is because he knows nothing happened and didn't want to stretch it across three update days.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

MikeJF posted:

I suspect the triple update is because he knows nothing happened and didn't want to stretch it across three update days.

That's more or less what he said, that the pages went better together so he did a big update. However, that also really makes me think we're getting a "save by the bell" moment next update.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
After Chapter 4 ended he said that it would be the longest chapter in Paranatural.

We're at 76 pages for Chapter 5 and I don't think we're even near the climax of it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jeff secretly has sick vascularity. If he worked out he could be veiny all the time without Hijack's help. :v:

He has veins on where his fingernails should be.

That's good veins, man.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

It is the second, of your two options

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Brannock posted:

After Chapter 4 ended he said that it would be the longest chapter in Paranatural.

We're at 76 pages for Chapter 5 and I don't think we're even near the climax of it.
I remember when J.K. Rowling said the fourth Harry Potter book would be the longest.
Maybe he's making fun of her.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Truly, Paranatural has become the Homestuck of webcomics.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Blackheart posted:

Truly, Paranatural has become the Homestuck of webcomics.

Take that back. Paranatural isn't as bad :v:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Also Homestuck is already a webcomic
:thatsthejoke:

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

paradoxGentleman posted:

Also Homestuck is already a webcomic
:thatsthejoke:

Was it?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Brannock posted:

I feel like we're barely even out of the opening of it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The next page is just going to be an extreme anticlimax and it will all be over.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

SlothfulCobra posted:

The next page is just going to be an extreme anticlimax and it will all be over.

A ball is just going to lightly tap Hijeff and then he'll throw a huge tantrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pyroi posted:

A ball is just going to lightly tap Hijeff and then he'll throw a huge tantrum.

Coach walks in right as he's having said tantrum. He gets sent to the office for swearing.