Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I may boot up the ol' 360 and play some Extinction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Today I realized there's no new nukeboat and that makes me really sad.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hmm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ah gently caress I gotta resub to gold to play on my profile even if I'm just going to solo runs?

:rip: Extinction.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

limited posted:

Seriouschat, go straight for the flaming-bees Chaos tree and don't look back. It sounds cool to be able to hack robots and tanks, but 90% of the time you have to kill everything else to get the hack off without being interrupted, so you end up controlling a tank, and with gently caress all to shoot. If anything it's basically a 'skip this long boss-esque fight' button unless it's a actual boss, and nothing will work. :argh:

Originally I thought the campaign was a bit of a piss-take on the rest of the games, but as it goes along, it becomes painfully obvious it's just awful writing. :sigh: Co-op ramps up crazily though. A area with normally only a handful of normal dudes, maybe one sniper and a few drones becomes a army with non-stop waves of drones, and snipers loving everywhere with four players.

Yup, that's what I did. Nothing else seemed nearly as exciting as catching robots on fire with my mind.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The issue with the hacking is it is incredibly situational, and why hack when you can just blow everyone up?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

im the brains behind operation udder chaos

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
What the gently caress. Where is HC Domination.

And, sweet weeping jesus, why dont the mans I shoot die.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Did you press S to set emblem or whatever the hotkey is
It's listed in small font

Yeah, I got it. It seems it doesn't change it in that menu screen right away, but when you get in a lobby it's changed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't think I have seen a better reason for dedicated servers than this game. Jesus.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

limited posted:

Seriouschat, go straight for the flaming-bees Chaos tree and don't look back. It sounds cool to be able to hack robots and tanks, but 90% of the time you have to kill everything else to get the hack off without being interrupted, so you end up controlling a tank, and with gently caress all to shoot. If anything it's basically a 'skip this long boss-esque fight' button unless it's a actual boss, and nothing will work. :argh:
I chose Control and can confirm you should not take Control. Some of the powers stop working near endgame and most of them are garbage.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Haha, I got a one shot kill medal with the XR2 :v:

Apparently as long as it's a single bullet, it doesn't have to be a sniper.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Can someone explain how Nuketown became popular because it seems like a real lovely map and has no vehicles or poo poo that's fun.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Can someone explain how Nuketown became popular because it seems like a real lovely map and has no vehicles or poo poo that's fun.

well you see this is a game for retarded people

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's a super small map so you kill and die all the time which means fast EXP and levels

I have now played a little over 10 hours of nuketown and I'm about to prestige.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Taint Reaper posted:

It looks awesome, is fast paced, always has 2-3 crazy ridiculous moments per game, is a great CoD map, rules, kicks rear end, has dummies you can behead.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

This thread is moving really quickly, so I don't even know if this is something that will get answered, but I've been playing the campaign co-op with people, but just found it a bit too overwhleming; I was missing the story and spectacle stuff because I was reviving like crazy, and let's face it, that's sort of the whole point of the story. So, I went back solo and tried to see all the setpieces as Treyarch had intended, but in re-doing the second mission, I'm not able to hack or do any of the cool stuff that I played through the first time.

I figured I'd just delete my save and start over, but it syncs online campaign play, so it just picked up where I left off. Problem is, when I try to replay a mission, I can't seem to recreate the initial loadout when I was able to try all the fun new toys. I'm dropped into that initial lobby where I can customize loadouts and whatnot, but I can't seem to just get the "vanilla" experience that the game's trying to let me use (though my AI buddies don't even mention the hacking anymore). Is there any way to just wipe it all and start over, or at least restrict things to just what the story wants to allow?

The campaign as a whole feels incredibly confusing and overwhelming, and I wanted to take a step back and try to re-acclimate myself to the abilities while I'm not chatting with friends, but that doesn't seem possible?

[edit] Nevermind, there was a Mobile Armory that let me swap, but it's so late in the mission that I wasn't able to do the remote hacking on stuff like the swarms of drones and whatnot. I'm still really confused if it's possible replay mission as they were the first time you did them.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 8, 2015

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone playing tonight on PS4 ?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
beat the campain on solo and i am not sure what to think. Its not bad and its has a decent amount of length with little in the way of filler missions for the most part. the story is weird and different from your average cod game but not in a bad way and i am kinda of confused about the ending. It feels like a cyber punk acid trip and Bran stark's visions from GoT. I like the idea of the AI getting stuck and caught up in the whole "frozen forrest" stuff because it doesnt understand that it was just some dumb psudo new age calming technique for test subjects that the AI accepts as faith. The whole AI thing is done better then i thought it would so thats sorta of a positive. also i was surprised how many female soldiers you fought. it was interesting. so is the ending just you become taylor? or were you taylor the whole time? idk.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The number of comparisons that can be made of the single player to the plot of Blood Dragon is rather remarkable.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like anything that lifts plot points from the Crysis 2 campaign.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Alain Post posted:

I like anything that lifts plot points from the Crysis 2 campaign.

Basically, Peter Watts needs to write the next COD.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gravity Spikes seems aggressively, hilariously terrible.

I tried to use it four times and died all four times before it triggered. And the game decided to punish me by removing half of my meter for each of these. :lol:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VJeff posted:

Gravity Spikes seems aggressively, hilariously terrible.

I tried to use it four times and died all four times before it triggered. And the game decided to punish me by removing half of my meter for each of these. :lol:

A lot of the weapon supers, as cool as they seem, are way too situational and its too hard to know ahead of time when to use them.

As a result I've favored the ability supers instead, like running fast or having armor or seeing people through walls. (h4x)

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

A lot of the weapon supers, as cool as they seem, are way too situational and its too hard to know ahead of time when to use them.

As a result I've favored the ability supers instead, like running fast or having armor or seeing people through walls. (h4x)

The Lightning rifle lasts quite a while (or six shots if you immediately start rapid firing them off), allowing you to peep a good enemy positioning on a UAV sweep, pop it and move in to mop up, I find. I haven't used the bow, war machine, etc since the beta to say whether or not they last long enough.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go fast with a shotgun for now. Using Gravity Spikes, especially in Kill Confirmed, just seems like guesswork more than anything.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Best use of gravity spikes I've found so far: Blowing up a guy just as he ran up to his care package, which I stole.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Arrath posted:

The Lightning rifle lasts quite a while (or six shots if you immediately start rapid firing them off), allowing you to peep a good enemy positioning on a UAV sweep, pop it and move in to mop up, I find. I haven't used the bow, war machine, etc since the beta to say whether or not they last long enough.

I picked the War Machine for my default unlock and honestly never used it, until now when I've got to for the final camo unlock. In a straight up firefight you're going to be dead before your shots connect, and it doesn't have enough range to use to hit objectives from a decent distance away.

Speaking of grenade launchers though, where the gently caress are all the underbarrel launchers? I want to run around with 2 grenade launchers and C4 again like in Black Ops 2

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arrath posted:

Yeah the lightning rifle is by far the best, but even it has issues because of the charge time. In some situations you'd be better off with a SMG or a shotgun.

The bow you have to draw and then you still have to land the shot in order to kill, I feel like its not really any better than a rifle. And you end up saving it and then you're not sure if you want to use it... why bother?

Gravity spikes are kinda weird too. Like you just get yourself killed most of the time. Guns are superior.

TTKs in this game are just so extremely short that having a charge time or any hesitation on a super weapon makes it nearly useless. I'd rather just have my automatic bullet hose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Best power is the deadly, deadly bees.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Wilko posted:

I picked the War Machine for my default unlock and honestly never used it, until now when I've got to for the final camo unlock. In a straight up firefight you're going to be dead before your shots connect, and it doesn't have enough range to use to hit objectives from a decent distance away.

Speaking of grenade launchers though, where the gently caress are all the underbarrel launchers? I want to run around with 2 grenade launchers and C4 again like in Black Ops 2

War Machine is loads of fun even if it isn't optimal. The initial projectile is one big grenade that gibs people if you make direct contact and if you bounce the grenade off a surface then it'll split into three smaller grenades that'll explode on contact with anything.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

so let's say I designed my favorite gun with a massive gaping goatse on it and I'm proud to show it off in my victory pose after a game. how do I do this?
the problem I'm having is that when I design my nice pretty gun in my loadout it doesn't show up except during the match

I go to the nice paint area and that just seems to do nothing really

I go to cusstomize my character and it doesn't show my goatse gun as available to show to others in my victory pose

what gives?

basically what's the point in having neat skins to work with on my gun if I can't show it off

what even is the "design your gun" part for then

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 8, 2015

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

so let's say I designed my favorite gun with a massive gaping goatse on it and I'm proud to show it off in my victory pose after a game. how do I do this?
the problem I'm having is that when I design my nice pretty gun in my loadout it doesn't show up except during the match

I go to the nice paint area and that just seems to do nothing really

I go to cusstomize my character and it doesn't show my goatse gun as available to show to others in my victory pose

what gives?

basically what's the point in having neat skins to work with on my gun if I can't show it off

what even is the "design your gun" part for then

In your case apparently it's to prevent people from picking up your gun.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Captain McStabbin posted:

War Machine is loads of fun even if it isn't optimal. The initial projectile is one big grenade that gibs people if you make direct contact and if you bounce the grenade off a surface then it'll split into three smaller grenades that'll explode on contact with anything.

I do have fun with it when I use it, anything that makes people explode is good with me, I just wish it had a higher launch velocity to get some proper distance with it. Cross map direct hits are always fun.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Aphrodite posted:

Best power is the deadly, deadly bees.
This is true in both SP and MP. If you're looking for a super that's not terrible try the bees. You get 4 shots and they're basically claymores - put 'em in chokepoints or on dom points and then forget about it.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Have you gotten flame thrower guys yet? If you touch someone with it they die after about 2 seconds, easily the best ult in the game and how to get your killstreak chain filled up. Scavenger fills up lethals/non-lethals so it's actually worth having too.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Man.. it's like Activision tried to copy battlefield and failed.. blops is bad

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Has anyone noticed that you can combine long barrel and silencers on shotguns? Does it really make any difference?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
after slowing the gently caress down and swapping out perks, I've had a lot more luck with the Gorgon. I'm not sure how much fmj helps shoot through poo poo, but hopefully it's making me cod more blops. Anyone have some recs for attachments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Arrath posted:

You can destroy UAV with the lightning gun as well.

• Locked thread