Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Ambrose Burnside posted:

brooks seems like a hella cool guy but also how is he a real person. i mean

I don't know, his whole persona seemed super affected in The Captains.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
"people don't need flying cars as they can work together over the internet"

*thousands of commuters is regular cars drive past behind him in the background*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So star trek nerds I require your help.

I'm currently knitting a star trek potholder for a secret santa. It looks like this but it's black and gold (each side is the inverse of the other).

Now since potholders come in groups of two, should I make another identical one in black and gold, one in red and black or gold, or should I make one with another insignia on it. The Klingon insignia would be easy enough to adapt in some combination of red/black/gold.

What should I do, dear nerds?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'd say you can up the degree of difficulty now that you've mastered the bendy triangle of the starfleet insignia.

Why not bump down the denier and aim for the stars with a still tableau worthy of handling hot casserole dishes?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alas that would require it to be the size of a quilt and this needs to fit into 30x30 pixels.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Asiina posted:

Alas that would require it to be the size of a quilt and this needs to fit into 30x30 pixels.

Good point. Yes, you should make a scene from Quark's quilt next once the training wheels are off.

Now, for all its labial qualities the insignia of the Cardassian Union would still be the most suited to the task of comfortably gripping hot stoneware. The Cardassian people have a remarkable tolerance for dry heats.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
For a non-autistic answer, identical is boring so do the klingon one

Whatever nerd you are making them for will be totally pumped

Although if they're like the previous poster they may not have the social skills to express it properly and they may say something like "Hurr, you should have made a black and white picture of blah blah blah!" and then sit back with a smug look on their grubby jowls, feeling like they were really witty and awesome

Don't be offended, they are basically a mongoloid

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

So if a Space-Australian maquisist was torturing a Cardassian oppressor, would it be called "knifey-spoonie"? :australia:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

All I hear in my head when I look at this is Friday Night, Saturday Morning by The Specials.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tujague posted:

Although if they're like the previous poster they may not have the social skills to express it properly and they may say something like "Hurr, you should have made a black and white picture of blah blah blah!" and then sit back with a smug look on their grubby jowls, feeling like they were really witty and awesome

Don't be offended, they are basically a mongoloid

:gowron:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
RE: star trek knitting.

I think if you did one in red with the Federation logo in white that would look pretty good. I think for future star trek knitting projects that's the way to go as it's the uniform colour and the badge.

I think the best one to send a goon would be gold (yellow) with a white badge, and on the other side have "I'm a nice guy" as we all know Geordi is the last living goon.

For the Klingon one, I'd do that in black and red (if you have the wool to do it) with the symbol in red.

The other logos I think are all a pain in the arse in comparison

The other option is to knit one that is gold and white with the Federation badge with KIRK on the other side and a red and white one with PICARD on it. They can make their kettles fight each other then.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Actually just knit one that says "Dukat was right"

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

How come they never show anyone on the shitter in Star Trek?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
I would assume because they used beaming technology to clear out the colon.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

schmitty9800 posted:

We've evolved past making GBS threads.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

My Q-Face posted:

I would assume because they used beaming technology to clear out the colon.

I'm sure we've had this discussion RE: who beams who's poo poo off of the ship

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Kitchner posted:

I'm sure we've had this discussion RE: who beams who's poo poo off of the ship

I know the most recent one was about who beams stuff into people's rectums, but I'm also sure this is as common a recurring theme as Klingon dongs have ridges.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Kitchner posted:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
wrongpost

crispix fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Nov 8, 2015

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Riker has discussed this, only one shitter on the 'prise.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The shitter looks quite pleasant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xOvFt8D6go&t=590s

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Kitchner posted:

Knit a sweater that says "Kirk is a Jerk" on the back.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Attach a tag that says "HANDWASH ONLY DO NOT RECYCLE IN REPLICATOR"

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

schmitty9800 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKQzZfpaz8

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

schmitty9800 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP1lN50OGlE

One of the best TNG Edits in existance.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Everyone uses the transporter to get rid of poo, but Worf insisted on having a place to conduct his "Logg Sh'OVE" ritual because a warrior knows that the greatest enemies come from within

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Worf works it out with a Bat'leth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm talking about the one where O'Brien imagines Rumplestilskin into existence and Bashir is embarrassed by his fantasy waifu version of Dax becoming real and then Odo chases an emu

just so we're all on the same page here

It was originally supposed to be a leprechaun but Colm Meaney said that if they did that he would loving quit.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I watched an episode of TNG where they met an androgynous race, and riker fell in love with one and convinced it was a girl then it turns out she was just considered broken by society and they "fixed" her lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also an episode where worf was crippled and was a huge klingon baby about it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I watched an episode of TNG where they met an androgynous race, and riker fell in love with one and convinced it was a girl then it turns out she was just considered broken by society and they "fixed" her lol

Frakes said "make it more like a dude" and the producers said "no, that's gay."

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

muscles like this? posted:

Frakes said "make it more like a dude" and the producers said "no, that's gay."

Would have been more interesting for sure.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm sure that Worf's ginormous Klingon meatshits were too much for the Federation plumbing to handle and he had to cut them into smaller pieces with his bat'leth before they would flush down.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Klingons would have a specialized blade with unique stances and motions for that purpose.

It would look like these:

You pick your blade based on the bristol scale.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

shadow puppet of a posted:

The Klingons would have a specialized blade with unique stances and motions for that purpose.

It would look like these:

You pick your blade based on the bristol scale.

Please put leaked images from the new Star Trek series behind spoilers.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm not a sword guy but I've always wondered how practical a bat'leth might actually be. Would it be effective, lovely, or holy poo poo you'll probably kill yourself faster than your opponent could.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm pretty sure that Youtube has threatened me with multiple videos where mall ninja douchebags demonstrate beyond any doubt that you'd be better off in a fight with a garden weasel

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FrensaGeran posted:

I'm not a sword guy but I've always wondered how practical a bat'leth might actually be. Would it be effective, lovely, or holy poo poo you'll probably kill yourself faster than your opponent could.

The fact that nobody in human history has fought with anything remotely similar says a lot, since humans have tried to use just about every even slightly usable weapon imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
uh no one has used a phaser either guy

• Locked thread