Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I dislike seeing Dick and Damian on opposite sides here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I just hope Damian refers to Jason as Wingman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Norns posted:

I dislike seeing Dick and Damian on opposite sides here.

How else do we get the scene where they put aside their differences and team up to fight the true foe, though? (:ssh: The true foe is economic inequality)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The final issue of Batman '66 was sweet, it was contrived to basically let Mike Allred draw a whole load of panels straight out of the TV series intro. While the first year was best (especially the Jonathan Case issues, wow), I shall miss its goofy charms. Plus it was the only DC series I was reading so welp.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I still like Batman (the main title) but I find it rather hilarious and ludicrous that Snyder literally has Gordon point out that if they go after Bloom with the whole force he'll be going into a trap, yet he does it anyway and surprise surprise it's a loving trap.

Also Snyder has a real big problem with... overpowered villains, I guess for lack of a better term? Like, the villain shows up, just murders like 20 guys, maybe kicks Batman's rear end, then takes off so Bruce(and/or Jim) can be stunned and reassess their battle plan. I honestly loved when Joker did it when he murdered almost a whole police station in Death of the Family, it made him into a real horror villain, but every time since it's been like "okay Scott come on this is getting a little out of hand"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Robin War weird sneak peek, thing

Robin War #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4p5r9tUUIg

Grayson #15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kogXMPbp7qY

This is going to be a trainwreck :cripes:

EDIT: This on the other hand is loving amazing

Why has to be Tynion the writer on this? :negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 13, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well I'll be damned

quote:

Nearly thirty years ago, Frank Miller introduced us to an older, far more wizened Batman late in his career. But the newest Dark Knight project, Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade, will take us back to over ten years before this classic work, when Batman was still actively fighting crime with his previous Robin, Jason Todd, at his side, revealing the previously untold story of how Jason met his end in Frank Miller’s Dark Knight universe and featuring the first appearance of Miller’s Joker since his death in The Dark Knight Returns.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/11/13/dark-knight-returns-the-last-crusade-john-romita-jr-discusses-his-new-dark-knight

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm in.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This is like Before Watchmen except the creator is into it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Robin War weird sneak peek, thing

This is going to be a trainwreck :cripes:

Especially after The Vision and Darkseid War:GL back to back in the last couple of weeks, I'd be pretty surprised if a Tom King thing isn't at least a little brilliant.

e: Just noticed that Batman Europa #1 is sneakily coming out this week.
I guess it's barely worth hyping in the lead up to DK3. Maybe they should've delayed it even further.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 14, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://comicsalliance.com/jim-lee-batman-europa-exclusive-preview/

Batman Europa Preview.

The most striking thing I noticed: Bruce is using the preN52 costume.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What's more striking is how badly they butchered the coloring.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/guest-artist-joins-batman-49-as-bruce-wayne-remembers-his-costumed-past

Bruce recovers his memory on Batman 49. Paquette is taking art duties for this issue.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's because this book has been in the works for eight hundred thousand years. It's almost the comic equivalent of Duke Nukem Forever.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://comicsalliance.com/jim-lee-batman-europa-exclusive-preview/

Batman Europa Preview.

Well, no, because that art is balls old.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 16, 2015

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Paquette is taking art duties for this issue.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Is #48 Greg's last one?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Is #48 Greg's last one?

I think 50 is.

Probably not doing 49 so he can put all his effort in some kind of huge issue.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I think 50 is.

Probably not doing 49 so he can put all his effort in some kind of huge issue.

Right--there's no way #50 isn't at least double-sized.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Batman and Robin Eternal's varying art is making it really hard for me to identify Cassandra's age

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
FRANK MILLER SAYS HE PLANS TO WRITE A FOURTH "DARK KNIGHT" STORY

quote:

"I thoroughly applaud what [Brian Azzarello's] doing. But now that he's doing his, it's now a four-part series," Miller said to Newsarama. "I'm doing the fourth."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Finish All Star first you twat

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Miller has obviously made a pact with some dark god to stave off his strange unnamed illness. He must write more Batman comics or he will wither away into dust.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
So is he essentially disowning DKIII? Azzerello had made it sound considerably more collaborative. Are some DC execs extremely angry somewhere out there about this?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Archyduke posted:

So is he essentially disowning DKIII? Azzerello had made it sound considerably more collaborative. Are some DC execs extremely angry somewhere out there about this?

Unless he removes his name I doubt they'll care too much.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Miller writing an all-ages Carrie Kelly series is way more exciting than either DK3 or DK4.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That's actually really sweet of him.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Semper Fudge posted:

Miller writing an all-ages Carrie Kelly series is way more exciting than either DK3 or DK4.

I'm one of the weird people that doesn't like Dark Knight Returns, but I did like Carrie Kelley, and if he's writing it as an all-ages type thing that should restrain some of his excesses, so that actually sounds pretty drat cool to me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Has Miller ever written a single thing in his life that could be considered 'all ages'? I bet even his shopping lists have whores in them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Travis343 posted:

Has Miller ever written a single thing in his life that could be considered 'all ages'? I bet even his shopping lists have whores in them.

I don't recall Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot being too objectionable?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So when is DC going to give Genevieve Valentine another Batbook to write? Her first scripted issue of Eternal was today and it was really solid and well paced. Featuring a whole two page spread of Cass watching a ballet performance in pure wonderment.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Here's hoping they're saving her for the inevitable Cass/Steph/Harper Birds of Prey relaunch.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I don't recall Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot being too objectionable?

Woah, wait what??? :stare: The kids cartoon?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jiro posted:

Woah, wait what??? :stare: The kids cartoon?
The comic that it was based on, yeah. I don't know how much influence Miller had on it beyond that, though.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Hey guys, I apologize if this has already been said because I haven't been following the thread, but right now Batgirl Begins #1 is free on the Amazon Kindle app

Grab it while it's hot, I guess.

Arkham Knight: Batgirl Begins, by Tim Seeley. This is kinda questionable, but it was free, so I guess it's okay.

Eulogistics fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 19, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

The comic that it was based on, yeah. I don't know how much influence Miller had on it beyond that, though.

From what I know, the cartoon and comic did not have much in common besides having the same characters.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I own the comic and have recommended it to people, even though I remember nothing about it except Geof Darrow kaiju megaviolence.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

lotus circle posted:

So when is DC going to give Genevieve Valentine another Batbook to write? Her first scripted issue of Eternal was today and it was really solid and well paced. Featuring a whole two page spread of Cass watching a ballet performance in pure wonderment.

This issue was really good. Give her Detective Comics starring Harper and Cass after this is done.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Nov 19, 2015

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

What is this from? I thought I had read all of Capullo/Snyders run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That doesn't look like Cupullo art

Guess I was wrong. Google search using the image shows it's from the upcoming arc.

Norns fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 21, 2015

• Locked thread