Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well who hosed that one up, that truck clearly had round wheel arches. Automakers really leave no opportunity to gently caress up unexplored, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

DiggityDoink posted:

Vent windows are one of the things I really miss about old cars. When I drove an old truck across country that had no A/C, it was nice to be able to put my leg up, direct the vent down my shorts and let the breeze keep my junk cool.

Vent windows plus kick panel vents are quite the combo. Love it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Vent windows plus kick panel vents are quite the combo. Love it.

Cars had such better ventilation at highway speeds, I feel like I can't open any windows on my company car without buffetting. The only drawback is when leaves make their way through the vent, rattling all the while.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

This is why a moonroof is worthwhile. Set the vents to draw outside air and tilt the moonroof. Gives great airflow on the highway, at least in my car.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

dangit Bobby, hwhat have I told you about that flag and the internet, I don't want the family truck on the news!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Rear popout windows + forward tilting sunroof owns bones

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
^^^Bug will be rear popouts with wing vents and giant cloth sunroof :) One day.....

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

This is why a moonroof is worthwhile. Set the vents to draw outside air and tilt the moonroof. Gives great airflow on the highway, at least in my car.

This is my only complaint about the new car. The windows are basically useless above about 30mph. I have yet to find any combination of up/down with the 4 windows that gives me a proper circulation without buffeting like crazy. But, had to give up the sunroof for the AWD.

Speaking of wing windows, that was something all the show car people did to their bugs when I was growing up. 1 piece windows. In Texas. I want to find a set of crotch coolers to put in my 58. Bugs had them up until I think 53.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, I thought all beetles had wing windows? Except for "cal look" aftermarket converted ones.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
A friend just sent me this.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

A rolling advertisement for the local science and industry museum?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
That's only phase one...

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
My arms hurt just looking at those tires

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

joat mon posted:

That's only phase one...

Just as sturdy as an actual Beetle.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Far less rust-prone though.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Or very targeted and specific rusting had already occurred. I bet there is something like this on VW Vortex.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If that's all wrought iron, then it's like 2 or 3x the weight of the original car.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
What hath God wrought?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Uthor posted:

A friend just sent me this.

Missing a lug too, bravo

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
As always, GM did the terrible thing first. Double A pillars.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Left Ventricle posted:

As always, GM did the terrible thing first. Double A pillars.

The Trans Sport gets a pass because it can pull off this:

As a 90s kids, the Trans Sport was the most awesome looking minivan on the road.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yet another thing from the "I've never driven a car or even been in one before in my life" school of design.

What would you even call them? Pre-A pillars?

Aren't the pillars always just lettered based on their order in the car? Some cars have A, B, and C, wagons etc. also have a D, I suppose extended wheelbase limousines might have E, F, etc. So technically this car just has the A and B pillars both in front of the driver.

e: well, Wikipedia suggests that when there are extra pillars in an area where there would usually be one (e.g. stretch limos) you just add a number. The pillars would be A1 and A2. Ho hum.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 6, 2015

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I thought they're named that way cause they kinda look like the letters.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Citroën did it too, with their Picasso.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Crotch Fruit posted:

As a 90s kids, the Trans Sport was the most awesome looking minivan on the road.

QFT, I thought these were some of the coolest looking cars on the planet when I was a kid. I also loved the terrible pointy plastic hubcaps they had when I was a kid too. My parents could not understand why I would think that this was in-fact the coolest car on the road.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Crotch Fruit posted:

The Trans Sport gets a pass because it can pull off this:

my best friends dad drove one, the windshield went on for miles. You could have taken a nap on that dashboard.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

Crotch Fruit posted:

the Trans Sport was the most awesome looking minivan on the road.

Not really a very high bar.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kastein posted:

Some guy posted a "what's your non-jeep ride" thread on a facebook jeep group.

Incestual redneck stupidity followed, including this gem:

Guy's explanation: "My dad's 2015 duramax. Yes I know. Not mine. But I get to use when ever in need."

The only way this could be more stereotypical is if he was married to his sister.

Needs a tacticlol AR-15 to complete it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Das Volk posted:

Needs a tacticlol AR-15 to complete it.

Nah, he's got the shotgun to go with that image. He did it right.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm just disappointed he didn't post high enough resolution to tell if he's got proper trigger discipline.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
"Gimme that Pepto Hyundai."
"I got you fam."

edit for holy poo poo huge on not-mobile

Imagined fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 7, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mary kay fallen on rough times.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Terrible car stuff: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-07/stolen-ferrari-worth-2-milllion-found-burnt-out-in-melbourne/6921168

quote:

A $2 million, 1972 Daytona Ferrari has been found burnt-out in Melbourne's south-east, a day after it was stolen from a workshop.

The sports car, one of two Ferraris stolen in a Braeside ram raid, was found on fire at Langwarrin on Gum Hill Drive at 4:00am on Saturday.

Fire crews extinguished the blaze but the GTB/4 car was destroyed.

Its AUD, not USD, $2 million FYI.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I'm certain this has made an appearance already in the thread. Spotted walking to the office.

http://imgur.com/a/dHxGK

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Of all the ways I've seen someone block out their license plate, this is my favorite :3:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't think an Idahoan is smart enough to block their nuclear winter license plate with a leaf. I think it's just stuck there

(I'm from Idaho)

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Scruff McGruff posted:

QFT, I thought these were some of the coolest looking cars on the planet when I was a kid. I also loved the terrible pointy plastic hubcaps they had when I was a kid too. My parents could not understand why I would think that this was in-fact the coolest car on the road.

You guys are all missing the best part.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Preoptopus posted:

its like from the future. :iia:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

If that even has an airbag, I imagine it's like the game Perfection when it goes off.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Safety Dance posted:

If that even has an airbag, I imagine it's like the game Perfection when it goes off.

:neckbeard:

Didn't even think about that...

It's from the future it most likely fills up with foam like in demolition man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

What's that little display on the top left ?

Looks like a glide slope or something from a plane