Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Sniper lets you hold your breath longer.

I know, I'm just saying in regards to holding your breath longer under water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hopefully Bethesda understands that the writing saves it more than the gimmicks

This is never going to happen.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I plan on starting with these stats and working my way up A, S and L some more. Gotta get that fast travel while encumbered perk.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

hahahaha

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Vargs posted:

I wonder how much strength actually boosts your damage, because the strength perks don't seem all that valuable for melee past those initial 3 points. Rooted at 9 STR gives you a sizable boost, but who the gently caress wants to stand completely still in combat? That's how my 60-year old dad plays video games. May still be valuable if it applies to VATS though.

My hypothesis (or at least a hypothesis that I want to test) is that you can stand still and use Blitz-and-Gun-Fu-enhanced VATS to attack enemies without actually moving, thus maintaining the Rooted bonus while being able to teleport between enemies.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I would go ahead and max Luck--probably take a point out of Endurance--and let Ricochet blow people up for you. If they don't come scrap with you toe to toe, they only hurt themselves!

edit: Unless bobble heads can raise stats above ten, then I guess you might as well wait until you get that one--I've heard they can, but didn't see confirmation.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 8, 2015

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Protons posted:

WoW you can get a perk that lets you breathe underwater. How hosed up and dumb.

Given how much of the game seems to take place in and around water it sounds super useful and I plan on taking it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm probably just going to console myself practically infinite carrying capacity like I always do in Bethesda games. It just saves time.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Dogmeat has appeared in every numbered Fallout. It's just a thing the franchise does at this point.

Isn't the dog named max/rex in new vegas?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Lakbay posted:

Hello again fellow minmaxer, I just learned that if you visit your house after the tutorial, there's a book that will give you a free SPECIAL level up.

Yes and for maximum minmaxing (ha) I think I will start with 4 luck and use it to boost to 5 and get the idiot savant perk as my first; even if it doesn't proc that often due to having 6 int to start with, I guess it will get me at least a couple extra levels by the endgame, effectively giving me 2 free stat points / perks.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

this is hysterical

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Republicans posted:

Given how much of the game seems to take place in and around water it sounds super useful and I plan on taking it.

I am also going to be the water breathing guy and none can deny me the same.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Isn't the dog named max/rex in new vegas?

NV wasn't numbered.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Seashell Salesman posted:

So, in other words, your total number of points is 28?

You answered a question about how many points you can allocate - you can allocate 21 points.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Being based in the uk, is it still worth running a vpn to unlock earlier? Mind saying that, which would be the ideal vpn to use?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TwatHammer posted:

Being based in the uk, is it still worth running a vpn to unlock earlier? Mind saying that, which would be the ideal vpn to use?

VPN's have been discussed a lot over the last few pages. As to weather it is worth it or not, that is totally subjective.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Republicans posted:

Some of them get interesting at higher ranks, like Fortune Finder giving a chance for enemies to explode into caps when you kill them. Or Bloody Mess causing enemies near the enemy you gib to also explode.

I wonder if/how many times they can react together. Is there a chance of killing one enemy in a group and having all of them blow up in a shower of money?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

big mean giraffe posted:

I plan on starting with these stats and working my way up A, S and L some more. Gotta get that fast travel while encumbered perk.

This is pretty close to what I"m planning on doing.

Does anyone know if the Toughness "+Damage Reduction" is for ALL damage types or just basic untyped damage?

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

TwatHammer posted:

Well that depends on how soon you want to be let down by the game: sooner or later?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Mr Beens posted:

You answered a question about how many points you can allocate - you can allocate 21 points.

I think the guy who asked the question is probably capable of subtracting 7 from 28 himself, but regardless of that the person I was responding to there said my information was incorrect not that it wasn't formatted the way he liked. You get 28 points total, just like in NV you get 40 points total. There was some confusion, I think, earlier in the thread because the game only automatically allocated 1 point in each stat (in NV for instance it allocates 35 of the points automatically, so people would say you get 5 points to allocate) so I wanted to state what you get in the least ambiguous terms possible.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Curious to how much sooner it would be unlocked through a vpn aside from waiting. I mean if there isn't much difference in wait i'll probably end up waiting.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

TwatHammer posted:

Curious to how much sooner it would be unlocked through a vpn aside from waiting. I mean if there isn't much difference in wait i'll probably end up waiting.

its like 15 hours.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TwatHammer posted:

How many time zones are you from New Zealand? You get that many hours.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

New Leaf posted:

This is pretty close to what I"m planning on doing.

Does anyone know if the Toughness "+Damage Reduction" is for ALL damage types or just basic untyped damage?

I'd assume it's just for physical damage, considering that there are a few other perks for stuff like +50 Energy Resistance. Seems unlikely that they'd make all of these higher tier perks into objectively garbage, lesser versions of a tier 1 perk. Moving Target also says that it gives "+50 Damage Resistance and +50 Energy Resistance", making them seem like they're definitely completely different types of damage.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 8, 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm so, so sorry.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Going to play new Vegas for real then decide if I want this game, not hyped but it looks like it could be cool.

I know that people are down on the graphics but playing Vegas I have seen what passed for Ultra quality back then, and yet it is still pretty fun. Hopefully Bethesda understands that the writing saves it more than the gimmicks

Fucjing christ

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Too bad we'll never see a projekt red fallout.

Cyberpunk 2077 has be waiting for 2017 though.

The most fun part of new vegas was just wandering into poo poo. I can't say I fondly remember the game for its story.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I for one look forward to most of the perks literally not working until you install unofficial patches

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Rodney-CK posted:

I haven't watched any streams, so I hope this isn't a dumb question, but:

Is Fallout 4 enhanced with physics objects? Clothes rippling in wind/running, guns and junk swinging around as you move? Hair tossing around?

I hate to say it, but I really have been spoiled by just how pretty The Witcher 3 is. I know it probably is false hopes, but I'm hoping Bethesda took some of their Skyrim billions and did a few graphic upgrades that aren't visible in just screenshots.

Your clothes have physics, as does your hair, but now your gun just vanishes when you holster it. Which is an odd change. Wonder if that bDisabledGearedUp=0 flag from the Skyrim ini is still around.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

New Leaf posted:

I don't remember that NPC in Skyrim. Is she a mod? She's probably the most "real" looking NPC in the game.

lol? It's a literal default Skyrim promo shot and she's one of the first npcs you see in the game when you escape to the first village in the story. Everyone knows that's how Skyrim npcs generally look and I find it incredibly baffling that you're acting all skeptical like. Just open the loving game up and see for yourself.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Streamcountry is back on now. New game on lowest settings for some reason.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

new guy on streamcountry is running on an A8-7600, wish him luck

honestly though it doesn't say much about the gpu but the physics and framerate seem okay for that processor.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh man her husband is an orc with Triple H hair.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

People keep bitching in chat about the bitrate, unaware that it is a faithful rendition of his horrible low resolution rendering.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm sad, bedause I have basically the same issues with Bethesda games as Shamus Young does, and it just means that I won't buy and enjoy this game at all or I'll hear that it's good but will enjoy it less than other people. Being an RPG elitist is a tough existence.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Your clothes have physics, as does your hair, but now your gun just vanishes when you holster it. Which is an odd change. Wonder if that bDisabledGearedUp=0 flag from the Skyrim ini is still around.

This actually seems to be a bug. If you just holster by holding the reload key it does show up, but using the quick-select makes weapons vanish from your back.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

This actually seems to be a bug. If you just holster by holding the reload key it does show up, but using the quick-select makes weapons vanish from your back.

Nah a AAA Bethesda game wouldn't release with basic animation bugs

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I just visited my only local mom and pop style game store and got nearly kicked out just for asking if they were selling early. I wonder if there's higher pressure than usual to maintain street date with all the leaks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

lol? It's a literal default Skyrim promo shot and she's one of the first npcs you see in the game when you escape to the first village in the story. Everyone knows that's how Skyrim npcs generally look and I find it incredibly baffling that you're acting all skeptical like. Just open the loving game up and see for yourself.

Wow. Settle down. I didn't recognize her. Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy poo poo I thought people were kidding when they said Codsworth can pronounce the name 'fuckface'. Now I'm really torn about what to call my character.

• Locked thread