Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Luminous Cow posted:

Is there a way to edit the in-game config out of game? I can't get the drat game to run. Launcher comes up fine, I'm fully patched. When I hit PLAY it changes my screen resolution to something real tiny, and SWTOR is kinda off to the left of the screen. On the start bar, when I hover over SWTOR, the preview shows a long vertical slit, like the resolution is set at something crazy weird. Any ideas here?

Edit: The game appears to be loading in the tiniest window I've ever seen. It's just a small vertical slit on the upper left of my screen. I can clearly see the blue background and the upper and lower gold stripe of the loading screen. This is weird.

Try hitting Alt+enter when this happens. I had some weird resolution issues this week and that fixed it.

Edit:

peer posted:

Is there any way to make the jedi knight not do that idiotic little wrist flourish whenever you use your basic spender? It's so bad. I can't play the class.
Once you get high enough level you will never use your basic again. Just get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Casyl posted:

Try hitting Alt+enter when this happens. I had some weird resolution issues this week and that fixed it.

God bless you. I've been trying to play KOTOR 2 to get my Star Wars fix, but it's so drat buggy and unbalanced I've stopped having fun. Hopefully SWTOR can get me my lightsabers and lasers fix.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Is there like a tiny chance to get Memory Cores off tech slice parts missions or something? I'm only getting Power Tubes but to make my new crystals I need memory cores and I can't find any information anywhere on how to get them.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Hard Mode Operations goons: the next one will happen tonight at 7:00 Eastern time. I'm thinking of making Wednesday/Sunday at 7:00 the standard times. If anyone reading this is interested in HM Ops and would have trouble making those times, do chime in since they're very much open to change.

The plan for tonight is to take another shot at Scum and Villany with Karagga's Palace as a backup if S&V turns out to be banging our heads against a brick wall.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

I'm a pubbie spy.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HundredBears posted:

Hard Mode Operations goons: the next one will happen tonight at 7:00 Eastern time. I'm thinking of making Wednesday/Sunday at 7:00 the standard times. If anyone reading this is interested in HM Ops and would have trouble making those times, do chime in since they're very much open to change.

The plan for tonight is to take another shot at Scum and Villany with Karagga's Palace as a backup if S&V turns out to be banging our heads against a brick wall.

Any chance it could be Thursday/Sunday?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Cerepol posted:

Is there like a tiny chance to get Memory Cores off tech slice parts missions or something? I'm only getting Power Tubes but to make my new crystals I need memory cores and I can't find any information anywhere on how to get them.

Purple quality crafting mats result from crits on rich or bountiful quality missions. Non crits of those quality missions and any moderate or abundant missions will only return blue quality items.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Casyl posted:

Purple quality crafting mats result from crits on rich or bountiful quality missions. Non crits of those quality missions and any moderate or abundant missions will only return blue quality items.

Alright well time to grind out more slicing then.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Cerepol posted:

Alright well time to grind out more slicing then.

Just out of curiosity, what are you trying to make? As far as I know the only purple slicing mats with any relevance are Adaptive circuitry, for making augments.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

HundredBears posted:

Is there a give up time limit on these things? I'd love to start trying hard modes, but my strict 10pm get off the computer time might get in the way if the nights are work nights only.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I was thinking about setting up a Saturday morning or evening HM group, once midterms have settled down a little bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We are at the point where I'm removing people who haven't logged in in *10* days right now, which is getting a bit ridiculous. If you have alts that you are done with, please remove them from the guild. I don't want to limit people to having only a few alts, but if you're not actively playing remove them.

I'll log on tonight from around 6:30-7:00 EST on Groundskeeper for anyone who wants to park an alt in Fleet Maintenance.

Etheldreda
Jun 1, 2008

Finally got through SoR and... part of the Hutt Cartel storyline and started KotFE.

Getting a "I know you're still alive, find me, I love you" letter from Corso Riggs makes me feel pretty bad about repeatedly cheating on him with Theron Shan.
But I just felt like we'd run out of things to talk about, y'know?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I got the "You have no life" achievement last night and got the alliance commanders up to Rank 20. I'm PRETTY SURE the letters they sent are the same as when I hit 10 but I forgot.

In case anyone wants to read them I put up images of them. Spoilers, obviously. Doctor Oggurobb made me giggle

Medullah fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 8, 2015

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

I got the "You have no life" achievement last night and got the alliance commanders up to Rank 20. I'm PRETTY SURE the letters they sent are the same as when I hit 10 but I forgot.

In case anyone wants to read them I put up images of them. Spoilers, obviously. Doctor Oggurobb made me giggle

Your link is broken.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Your link is broken.

Huh worked earlier. I'll fix it when I get home later.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sith Inquisitor is the way to go if I want to be a jerkass space ninja right? Seems like it's that or marauder.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I remember at some point there was special dialog for going into the negative on affection with a companion since I was trying to see if I went into the negatives enough with Corso, would he leave my smuggler's crew. Was that dropped when they revamped companions or did they rework that?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

We are at the point where I'm removing people who haven't logged in in *10* days right now, which is getting a bit ridiculous. If you have alts that you are done with, please remove them from the guild. I don't want to limit people to having only a few alts, but if you're not actively playing remove them.

As a corollary to this, when I looked at the guild info earlier, it said we have 248 accounts contributing to our guild bonus XP and whatnot. That means 248 distinct accounts that are either subscribed or preferred and have logged in within the past 30 days. The guild limit is 500 characters.

We obviously need to get an overflow guild set up. Medullah's Fleet Maintenance was floated as a plan in order to avoid any more effort or organization, but he's not really planning to run it as a serious guild. I thought things would drop off much faster, but it looks like people might be staying around for a while.

Having said that, I don't want to start another guild myself. If someone else puts something together, post in here and let us know. I'll move a couple of my own characters over and putz around sometime. We just don't have the space anymore for everyone to have 3 or 4 characters while we're still inviting new people. I think we'll be OK with voluntary moves, but if people keep joining, TNG may have to enforce a character limit per person.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I remember at some point there was special dialog for going into the negative on affection with a companion since I was trying to see if I went into the negatives enough with Corso, would he leave my smuggler's crew. Was that dropped when they revamped companions or did they rework that?

That was dropped during beta.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nipponophile posted:

As a corollary to this, when I looked at the guild info earlier, it said we have 248 accounts contributing to our guild bonus XP and whatnot. That means 248 distinct accounts that are either subscribed or preferred and have logged in within the past 30 days. The guild limit is 500 characters.

We obviously need to get an overflow guild set up. Medullah's Fleet Maintenance was floated as a plan in order to avoid any more effort or organization, but he's not really planning to run it as a serious guild. I thought things would drop off much faster, but it looks like people might be staying around for a while.

Having said that, I don't want to start another guild myself. If someone else puts something together, post in here and let us know. I'll move a couple of my own characters over and putz around sometime. We just don't have the space anymore for everyone to have 3 or 4 characters while we're still inviting new people. I think we'll be OK with voluntary moves, but if people keep joining, TNG may have to enforce a character limit per person.

Just play republic side already, jesus

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

I thought things would drop off much faster, but it looks like people might be staying around for a while.

Tuesday is Fallout 4.

Next Tuesday is Battlefront.

I have a feeling there will be some drop off with either or both.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

I'll probably move half my characters into Fleet Maintenance and I really don't mind if we want to take it seriously. The only issue is really conquest - without a flagship we get no bonus so those characters wouldn't do conquest. However, that might not be a bad thing in that I'd be less motivated to play a poo poo ton of alts. Though I do have enough saved up, maybe I'll just buy my own flagship... ;)

Ultimately what I'd like to see is TNG be a guild that is actually focusing on some end game activities like conquest, regular hard mode raiding, and even PvP. I don't think that's unrealistic right now with the number of people that are playing.

We could probably just use a custom chat channel too for cross guild communication in place of guild chat for just normal day to day BS. By typing /cjoin TNG for example, your character will automatically join the TNG chat channel.

Though as was said earlier, with the new games coming out I think we'll probably slow down for a bit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Telex posted:

Tuesday is Fallout 4.

Next Tuesday is Battlefront.

I have a feeling there will be some drop off with either or both.

And I for one am burning out on TOR for the time being. I already have one of every class at 60 or 65, since KotFE is about six hours long, and the current KotFE endgame is PvP, grinding crates, and old flashpoints and raids. Not much replay value to the KotFE story, either. I'm thinking I may take a couple of months off from the game.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I don't remember, was there ever a practical reason why the guild cap was 500 characters and not 500 accounts?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

I don't remember, was there ever a practical reason why the guild cap was 500 characters and not 500 accounts?

Probably Hero Engine. Same reason the game can't handle stacks of more than 99 crafting items.

Some database pointer is a small integer.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Luminous Cow posted:

Is there a way to edit the in-game config out of game? I can't get the drat game to run. Launcher comes up fine, I'm fully patched. When I hit PLAY it changes my screen resolution to something real tiny, and SWTOR is kinda off to the left of the screen. On the start bar, when I hover over SWTOR, the preview shows a long vertical slit, like the resolution is set at something crazy weird. Any ideas here?

Edit: The game appears to be loading in the tiniest window I've ever seen. It's just a small vertical slit on the upper left of my screen. I can clearly see the blue background and the upper and lower gold stripe of the loading screen. This is weird.

If that ever happens again and alt-enter doesn't work, you can also try editing the client_settings.ini and setting both height/width and native height/width to the correct resolution.

Medullah posted:

We could probably just use a custom chat channel too for cross guild communication in place of guild chat for just normal day to day BS. By typing /cjoin TNG for example, your character will automatically join the TNG chat channel.

This is a good idea regardless of whatever happens. It'd be nice for cross-communication between empire and republic as well.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Longbaugh01 posted:

This is a good idea regardless of whatever happens. It'd be nice for cross-communication between empire and republic as well.

This is how STO goons do it.

Say, establish a /cjoin ThatsNoGoon channel for both/all goon guilds and plaster it over all gchats and the OP?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

If that ever happens again and alt-enter doesn't work, you can also try editing the client_settings.ini and setting both height/width and native height/width to the correct resolution.

No way for cross faction chat, sadly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Medullah posted:

Fixed broken link.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a "mount" that's just the rocket booster animation, permanently? I love the idea of shooting around with my jetpack all the time. Speeders look silly. :saddowns:

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a "mount" that's just the rocket booster animation, permanently? I love the idea of shooting around with my jetpack all the time. Speeders look silly. :saddowns:

The jetpacks? Search the market for Jetpack.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dunno-Lars posted:

The jetpacks? Search the market for Jetpack.

Well I'll be damned. Cheers!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You guys still play on Jedi Covenant? About to transfer servers...

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Medullah posted:

No way for cross faction chat, sadly.

Oh. Well, that's pretty dumb. Is there a concrete reason for that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a way to get crafting trainers into the stronghold?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Is there a way to get crafting trainers into the stronghold?

Nope.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Longbaugh01 posted:

Oh. Well, that's pretty dumb. Is there a concrete reason for that?

Because that's what WoW does.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Verranicus posted:

Because that's what WoW does.

A pretty played-out reason for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Real quick, if you sub and drop to preferred, does your level cap go up? As in I'd be able to get to level 60 instead of 50?

• Locked thread