Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yaos posted:

Shamus Young is a loving moron. He can't separate his loving stupid opinions that are always wrong from facts.

Turn on your monitor, but first shave the tip of your penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

sector_corrector posted:

Turn on your monitor, but first shave the tip of your penis.

gently caress you Shamus, nobody loving cares about your dumbass opinions you pretend are fact.

Your power armor can be stolen if you don't take out the fusion core. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s1c4f/sneaky_raiders_gameplay_spoilers/

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"What can change the nature of a man, fuckface?"

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have no idea what videos you're talking about, I'm talking about all the criticisms present in his hit let's play series, Spoiler Warning. I think he's actually really good if his opinions on videogames get you this angry, though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yaos posted:

gently caress you Shamus, nobody loving cares about your dumbass opinions you pretend are fact.

I'm not Shamus, although you are an idiot.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I have no idea what videos you're talking about, I'm talking about all the criticisms present in his hit let's play series, Spoiler Warning. I think he's actually really good if his opinions on videogames get you this angry, though.

I've not seen those, but if his past videos and articles are any indication, he's completely wrong. He's the Fox News of of gaming "journalism" which is quite the feat with IGN and Kotaku competing for that title.

sector_corrector posted:

I'm not Shamus, although you are an idiot.
Why am I an idiot? For not liking gaming "journalists" that don't have a clue what they are talking about?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You haven't said why yet, and are just continually repeating that's he's bad because he's wrong while getting more and more upset.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

You haven't said why yet, and are just continually repeating that's he's bad because he's wrong while getting more and more upset.

I'm not getting upset, stop projecting.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wait are we talking about the WHAT DO THEY EAT guy?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Modern monitors aren't even really reflective when off that sick nasty burn doesn't even make sense

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Yaos posted:

Shamus Young is a loving moron. He can't separate his loving stupid opinions that are always wrong from facts.

Yaos posted:

Because he's always wrong. The two and half videos he made 50 years ago on Youtube are so wrong I have trouble believing he's not just a really lazy troll.

Yaos posted:

Your power armor can be stolen if you don't take out the fusion core. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s1c4f/sneaky_raiders_gameplay_spoilers/

Yaos posted:

I've not seen those, but if his past videos and articles are any indication, he's completely wrong. He's the Fox News of of gaming "journalism" which is quite the feat with IGN and Kotaku competing for that title.

Why am I an idiot? For not liking gaming "journalists" that don't have a clue what they are talking about?

Yaos posted:

A man who is not upset.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

frajaq posted:

Wait are we talking about the WHAT DO THEY EAT guy?

And yes, we are.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yaos posted:

You're so mad. I think the hair on the tip of your penis might be affecting your mood.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Modern monitors aren't even really reflective when off that sick nasty burn doesn't even make sense

Turn off your monitor, and computer.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Can we just all post pictures of our penises already so we can know who does or does not have hair on them?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
can I romance a securitron in this one it is literally all I care about. The story around the one in NV was kind of flat IMHO

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

A man who is not upset.

If I were upset I'd write a 5000 word essay on it like I do everywhere else.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Back Hack posted:

You would think they'd it make so that you can hold you're breath longer and implement it into either action boy or sniper.

Yea no. Not some kind of 'Commando Conditioning: You can now hold your breath for 3 minutes.' No, you can straight up breathe loving water like a fish. Not only water, but irradiated water.

I might just go back to New Vegas and mod the gently caress out of it.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This guy seems like a cool guy without crippling issues

This guy reminds me of the guy who cried about some guy at Best Buy :qq: ruining my iPhone 4 unboxing experience :qq:

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
How are people already playing the game? I'm confused, and I think even if there was a workaround I'm too late this weekend to take advantage of it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Can we just all post pictures of our penises already so we can know who does or does not have hair on them?
Here's my cock.
http://i.imgur.com/36JvUMP.jpg

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Cheekio posted:

How are people already playing the game? I'm confused, and I think even if there was a workaround I'm too late this weekend to take advantage of it.

The physical disks already exist in stores and you can play it if you can trick a store to sell it to you or just flat steal if from a store or if your dad has a review copy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Protons posted:

Yea no. Not some kind of 'Commando Conditioning: You can now hold your breath for 3 minutes.' No, you can straight up breathe loving water like a fish. Not only water, but irradiated water.

This guy reminds me of the guy who cried about some guy at Best Buy :qq: ruining my iPhone 4 unboxing experience :qq:

one of the perks is you literally turning into a ghoul so I'm not too surprised about gills perk

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Yaos posted:

If I were upset I'd write a 5000 word essay on it like I do everywhere else.

Please do, because I'd still like to know specifically what you don't like about Shamus Young.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Protons posted:

Why does that bother you but being a cannibal ghoul with mind control powers doesn't?

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I didn't know that Lexington and Concord would be in the game. I'm anxiously nervous that one of my stomping grounds is included, a little city in the woods around there...

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
I don't like Young either. Sometimes he has the same opinion as me, suggesting he's smart, but sometimes he has a different opinon and is therefore dumb.

But that's his thing, he's like Yahtzee. He often breaks with "conventional" wisdom/reviews and dislikes popular things or vice versa, so people think "wow finally someone who gets it", right up until he says something they don't like. At least Yahtzee can be entertaining. I don't really see the appeal of Young beyond that. Some of his stuff comes across like Kieron Gillen's NEW GAMES JOURNALISM wank. It would help if someone linked back to what Young actually said about Bethesda games, because I missed it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Please do, because I'd still like to know specifically what you don't like about Shamus Young.

I'm betting it has something to do with ethics in games journalism.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So there's no Boston Chinatown in the map right?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Buschmaki posted:

I'd like to ask about this too, because I really like Shamus Young's critique; not just on Fallout 3, but with games as well.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Not that discussion doesn't have enough :goonsay: already, but Shamus Young didn't make the "What Do They Eat" video; that was the "Tasteful, Understated Nerdrage" guy. You probably confused the two because Young and his associate Chris Franklin signal boosted that video and added a bit of their own commentary in their posts about it.

I mean, rage all about Internet People With Opinions You Don't Like all you want, but at least try to throw the poo poo at the people who actually said those things.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

My guess is it's 'cause he thinks about things instead of just accepting any dumb nonsense Bethesda-rear end bullshit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

Have you tried stealth?

Stealth is extremely powerful in the usual Bethesda way. Absurd critical damage and if you're smart you can gain it to entire rooms. There are several companion perks that make it even more absurd including one I'm convinced is glitched in the player's favor. You can find armor layers that give you abilities like "become stealthed when not moving" as well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yaos posted:

i know you are....but what am i?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

dd209 posted:

I don't like Young either. Sometimes he has the same opinion as me, suggesting he's smart, but sometimes he has a different opinon and is therefore dumb.

But that's his thing, he's like Yahtzee. He often breaks with "conventional" wisdom/reviews and dislikes popular things or vice versa, so people think "wow finally someone who gets it", right up until he says something they don't like. At least Yahtzee can be entertaining. I don't really see the appeal of Young beyond that. Some of his stuff comes across like Kieron Gillen's NEW GAMES JOURNALISM wank. It would help if someone linked back to what Young actually said about Bethesda games, because I missed it.

I recommend his youtube series spoiler warning, it's basically Shamus Young and his internet friends MST3K riffing on videogames, but this article on the Skyrim Thieve's Guild questline is a pretty good benchmark for his opinion on Bethesda writing and quest design.

http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

there's an animation bug that freezes your character and tcl doesn't fix it, 11/10 goty

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The current hatenewspapers streamer got pushed by dogmeat in a certain way now they're permanently floating in place.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Obviously you mutated to grow gills like Kevin Costner. What, you're all ok with immortal ghouls and supermutants but mutating gills is too much for the setting?

Anyway, I just got out of work, so I don't really have a problem with sleeping for six hours and checking this out after midnight.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

lol there's a loving cave with a single alien in it who you can kill for the blaster. who told Bethesda aliens were such a big part of Fallout? jesus

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

For VPN people

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Well....gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Xeremides posted:

Well....gently caress.

Hahaha. Does this mean that the impatient babbys have just hosed over NZ by making them wait another hour, because they couldn't wait?

• Locked thread