Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bad Seafood posted:

Professor Layton is good and I wish the first and last games in the series weren't prohibitively expensive.

I have a copy of the first game I'm probably never going to play again if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Droyer posted:

I agree that layton is good, but PW vs PL was not
I haven't played that one, I just didn't want my Professor Layton comment to seem out of the blue so I quoted that post.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Controversial AA opinion: Phoenix has pretty much had his character arc completed and future AA games should have Athena and Apollo replace him as the main characters..

I feel similarly, but I don't see it happening. I'm still really happy that DD didn't over-correct and try to pretend that AA4 straight-up didn't happen like a lot of people wanted though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

^^^^ I take this as an olive branch. Thank you for being nice.

Oh? I hadn't heard. I may have to take a look at that, then! Thank you for the heads up, friend Droyer!

They dubbed all the exclamations for new characters, made up pun names for everyone that honestly feel like they'd fit into an official AA, and in case 3 there's a song and they translated it so that the lyrics still match the melody. It's amazing

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was an excellent movie.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sakurazuka posted:

I have a copy of the first game I'm probably never going to play again if you're interested.
Nah, that's fine.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I guess we know what to get Seafood for christmas!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i get the ref

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Droyer posted:

They dubbed all the exclamations for new characters, made up pun names for everyone that honestly feel like they'd fit into an official AA, and in case 3 there's a song and they translated it so that the lyrics still match the melody. It's amazing

Oh! That's pretty dang cool! Will search eventually.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Motto posted:

I feel similarly, but I don't see it happening. I'm really happy that DD didn't over-correct and try to pretend that AA4 straight-up didn't happen like a lot of people wanted though.

Same, to both those points. I still hope it happens though, I honestly don't see what they'll do with Phoenix if they keep him in the main character position. What else is there left for him to do? He seems pretty completed as a character.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Same, to both those points. I still hope it happens though, I honestly don't see what they'll do with Phoenix if they keep him in the main character position. What else is there left for him to do? He seems pretty completed as a character.

Well AA6 is most likely going to have a lot of focus on his relationship with Maya given the whole Kurain thing. Who knows whether they'll have the guts to sink any ships, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

he'd make a fine mentor figure, but that isn't really something he needs to be playable for.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think it's safe to assume with all the spirit medium stuff floating around in AA6 that Maya will show up again, so Phoenix will be pretty important in that role, since he's the only lawyer that knows about Maya and spirit medium stuff. After that, who knows. They've managed to get people to like a main character other than Phoenix, so they might feel more confident in relegating him to a mentor role in AA7 while his proteges take front and center.

Motto fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 9, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

he'd make a fine mentor figure, but that isn't really something he needs to be playable for.

:agreed:

chumbler posted:

Well AA6 is most likely going to have a lot of focus on his relationship with Maya given the whole Kurain thing. Who knows whether they'll have the guts to sink any ships, though.

Well I kinda imagine half the point of bringing back the Kurain stuff was so that Phoenix could remain the main character. Because he's got a history with that sort of stuff, but I doubt he'll actually grow from it or anything because I don't see anywhere else for him to go.

If an aa7 or aa8 happens I really hope they take the risk and make the newbies of the office the main characters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Another controversial AA opinion: I hope Maya doesn't play too much of a role in aa6 because i'd like the screentime to go to newer characters and it'd be a shame if she was the major focus in it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Controversial AA opinion: Phoenix has pretty much had his character arc completed and future AA games should have Athena and Apollo replace him as the main characters.

I think the only way I'd be interested in more Phoenix at this point is if they bring Maya back.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Srice posted:

I think the only way I'd be interested in more Phoenix at this point is if they bring Maya back.

That's almost assuredly what's going to happen, though it'd be a pretty amazing (and dickish) cocktease if she didn't show up in a game revolving around spirit channeling.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What is this, a text box for ants?

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

V-very well.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I was playing with my little cousin today and I'm going to kill whoever invented glitter.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

littleorv posted:

I was playing with my little cousin today and I'm going to kill whoever invented glitter.

It gets everywhere

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Motto posted:

The fact that the prospect of more returning characters is the only thing the fanbase really gets excited about these days makes me think it would've been for the best if the series ended at T&T. Not that I disliked DD, but it felt like a very "safe" game, and I think that AA6 will be similar, what with the huge focus Spirit Medium stuff is going to get again.

e: I know this comes off as really whiny, but it bummed me out a bit that I knew a good chunk of how the plot was going to go the second Athena's wig out happened in 5-1.

I mean I also want to see early 20th century Ace Attorney and other different stuff, I just happen to like Ema and Gumshoe a lot

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

To be honest I'm not too enthused at pulling in more of the mystical stuff compared to being more standard (for AA) lawyering, but I will reserve judgment until actually playing it. I want to see an AA where they go to America Japan, though.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

"The first production of modern plastic glitter is credited to the American machinist Henry Ruschmann who found a way to cut sheets into glitter in 1934."

Do it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm in need of a new thing to read so people should suggest books at me and hopefully one of them will interest me.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

"The first production of modern plastic glitter is credited to the American machinist Henry Ruschmann who found a way to cut sheets into glitter in 1934."

Do it

It's gonna happen.

Also what the heck is Dilbs talking about in the Halloween thread? lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

I mean I also want to see early 20th century Ace Attorney and other different stuff, I just happen to like Ema and Gumshoe a lot

yeah I wasn't getting mad at you or anything, it was just a thought I already head floating around.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

It's gonna happen.

I think he's saying "quote this post with avatar + text and i'll buy it for you. This is my christmas present to the forum"

edit: eat it srice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

It's gonna happen.

I want to say he's giving away avatars there??

But I don't wanna say that for certain

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Dangerous Person posted:

Is there any good anime about espionage? I already love Metal Gear game so do not just suggest Metal Gear games.

darker than black is a show about a chinese spy with superpowers in tokyo. its pretty good, nice animation, writing, and soundtrack

senkou no night raid is about a bunch of japanese spies with superpowers in 1930s shanghai. its also pretty cool, but it's really overlooked

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Someone lucid buy me the Tsukki av on the last page of the Gintama thread

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Someone lucid buy me the Tsukki av on the last page of the Gintama thread

You should take a chance with the free Dil avs, imo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

He likes Gintama, I'm sure he'll love to do it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:cheeky:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Srice posted:

You should take a chance with the free Dil avs, imo

hmmmmmm

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

It's free, what have you got to lose? you're gonna change avs in a few weeks anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

It's free, what have you got to lose? you're gonna change avs in a few weeks anyway

I dunno. Tsukki is very powerful

• Locked thread