Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which gif of takane shijou eating is your favorite
This poll is closed.
1st 13 9.15%
2nd 52 36.62%
3rd 22 15.49%
4th 11 7.75%
5th 12 8.45%
6th 32 22.54%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mostly caught up on current anime...though i still have a bunch of Utawarerumono and Young Black Jack to get to. got distracted by Crazy Ex- Girlfriend though, because a weekly musical comedy is very up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I dunno what game I want to play right now but I want to play something

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Internet on my computer again! Praise be!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I dunno what game I want to play right now but I want to play something

have you considered umineko?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grats on getting dilbert to string a coherent thought together, orv

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

grats on getting dilbert to string a coherent thought together, orv

I have to be nice to him now for at least a week

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

have you considered umineko?

The opening for each episode/chapter are pretty slow and I'm not in the mood right now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

I have to be nice to him now for at least a week
i like that it looks like she's glaring in anger at your post

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

The opening for each episode/chapter are pretty slow and I'm not in the mood right now

That's fair.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

i like that it looks like she's glaring in anger at your post

Tsukki's faces are pure gold. :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

she should honestly be more disgusted that you aren't playing civ 4 instead

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Thank you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Srice, you should read Middle Passage, by Charles Johnson with me. I'm starting it as soon as I finish Le Morte D'Arthur tonight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Srice, you should read Middle Passage, by Charles Johnson with me. I'm starting it as soon as I finish Le Morte D'Arthur tonight.

Sounds pretty interesting, definitely gonna pick it up and check it out. Hopefully I'll have the freetime to read a bunch this week.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The conclusion of the bonus case in DD will have to wait until later, as I must recharge my 3ds' batteries.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

The conclusion of the bonus case in DD will have to wait until later, as I must recharge my 3ds' batteries.

you can charge while you play. just get a chair and put it close to the wall socket or something

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I wonder what'd happen if I asked dilbert to buy my current ava + text again....

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh it looks like this is available as an audiobook.

Guess it's time for me to stop being lazy and finally give that Audible trial a whirl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

you can charge while you play. just get a chair and put it close to the wall socket or something

I am aware that such a possibility exists. It's just annoying to do.

Still might be worth it, though.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Srice posted:

Oh it looks like this is available as an audiobook.

Guess it's time for me to stop being lazy and finally give that Audible trial a whirl.

I checked out Audible a while ago and they sell every one of their books for a minimum of thirty dollars.

I guess they really want you to take out that subscription instead of making one-time purchases.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Reds posted:

I checked out Audible a while ago and they sell every one of their books for a minimum of thirty dollars.

I guess they really want you to take out that subscription instead of making one-time purchases.

Audiobooks seem expensive in general, like they haven't gotten over the pricing model where they had to sell 12 CDs

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Phobophilia posted:

senkou no night raid is about a bunch of japanese spies with superpowers in 1930s shanghai. its also pretty cool, but it's really overlooked

I stuck this in my hulu queue one day but had never heard of it nor had ever seen anyone talk about it, so I was wondering if it was any good so thanks for answering my unasked question.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

Yeah I'd never buy any of their stuff directly since those prices are crazy.

I'm sure I'd make use of the credit each month so I might commit, but luckily I still had a free trial available.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I'm not really sure what to do right now. I watched another episode of Cat's Eye. I could keep plinking away at different anime series, but I dunno.

Is there any anime kinda like Conan the Barbarian?

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Phobophilia posted:

senkou no night raid is about a bunch of japanese spies with superpowers in 1930s shanghai. its also pretty cool, but it's really overlooked

It's been in my to-watch queue for ages, it's been hit hard with backlog syndrome.

Interestingly it's from the same project that resulted in Sora no Woto and Occult Academy, which are respectively extremely good and pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Parallax posted:

I'm not really sure what to do right now. I watched another episode of Cat's Eye. I could keep plinking away at different anime series, but I dunno.

Is there any anime kinda like Conan the Barbarian?

Berserk, I guess? Not really.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

I'm in need of a new thing to read so people should suggest books at me and hopefully one of them will interest me.

I'm trying to think of books that I've finished reading recently that weren't from this forum and I'm drawing a blank.

The Dog Star was pretty good but there's a few twists you'll see coming a mile away.

I'd say The Secret History was rewarding to read, but super depressing/downer mood for the duration.

The Broom of the System (or something) by David Foster Wallace was good, but confusing when I read it a couple years ago. I feel like a lot of the book depended on being a sharp reader and understanding how themes and poo poo is affecting what's literally happening in the novel. Which is hard for me since I'm used to just accepting a surface reading and going with it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna rewatch Hyouka

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

Please make gifs if you can

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Droyer posted:

Get hyped for Oreki's hallucination sequences.

He should have done more of them, they were my favourite part of the early episodes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after two episodes i have decided that Young Black Jack is Very Good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Erg posted:

Please make gifs if you can

i'm sorry but i'm poo poo at that kinda stuff. instead, have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNDqAF03V8

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nice new AV Erg!

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

NEW AVS FINALLY

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Admoon posted:

i found this pop singer called grimes and her new album is loving win

greetings from 2012