Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Are all of these players hungry? What kind of sandwich are you thinking about?

One involving Eva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Mourinho's appeals to sign players was rejected by Roman so Mou can point to that. Maybe Roman wanted the youth played or something. Expect big money in January.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

One involving Eva

Just saw Walters signed a new deal too.

I used to hate Walters because he kinda looks like a oval office but he's actually pretty cool op and I dislike Stoke a whole lot less these days. Especially when they're beating Chelsea.

Also Chelsea aren't getting relegated but anything less than fourth is a catastrophic failure and no manager will survive that.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Frankston posted:

No, they cannot. Bournemouth, Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa, and Norwich can.

I think the bottom 3 is the bottom 3 unless something magical happens with Sunderland and Villa. Newcastle are poo poo but Bournemouth are even worse without Wilson.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Has any team in on Chelsea's points made 4th by the end of the season?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I used to hate Walters because he kinda looks like a oval office but he's actually pretty cool op and I dislike Stoke a whole lot less these days. Especially when they're beating Chelsea.

Also Chelsea aren't getting relegated but anything less than fourth is a catastrophic failure and no manager will survive that.

I always thought Walters was a big lump who runs a lot and not much else. Turns out when he is surrounded by quality attacking talent he can play really well and he is now my second fav stoke player behind Bojan. Stoke doing what so many clubs have failed to in the past in getting promoted playing thugball then successfully switching to attractive football without getting relegated. The owner and sparky deserve huge plaudits for pushing ahead and managing to get quality attacking players to a club with Stoke's rep. The other exciting thing is how all the promising players are still in the early to mid 20s so we will either get good service out of them or a good transfer fee.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Imagine Ranieri's club being top of the table while Chelsea is 16th.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hadji murad posted:

Mourinho's appeals to sign players was rejected by Roman so Mou can point to that. Maybe Roman wanted the youth played or something. Expect big money in January.

I hope the big January money is spent on Torres Jr.

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

corpuscollossus posted:

Has any team in on Chelsea's points made 4th by the end of the season?

According to Opta, "only one side in PL history has finished in the top 6 having taken 11 points or fewer from their 1st 12 games – Villa in 03/04. Uphill." This situation is sort of unique though.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I looked up stoke and its not even a real place??!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Akileese posted:

I think the bottom 3 is the bottom 3 unless something magical happens with Sunderland and Villa. Newcastle are poo poo but Bournemouth are even worse without Wilson.

Actually Bournemouth is extremely cool and good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

I think Stoke are turning into a scarily good team now. Diouf is back from injury, Shawcross's back is healed, Butland is better than Begovic.

Having Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovich, Walters and Diouf all there ready to play in attack is amazing and I don't even recognise the sort of football we are playing now compared to even a season ago. Sparky is a genius :stoke:

i don't think you should say this about a team that couldn't beat newcastle currently

Jose fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 8, 2015

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Chelsea actually looked a lot better yesterday. Still amazed that Mourinho is still there after all the poo poo that's happened this season. Long may his reign continue.

That Stoke steward is a huge whiny baby though. How much of an rear end do you have to be to complain about that little thing?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

Chelsea actually looked a lot better yesterday. Still amazed that Mourinho is still there after all the poo poo that's happened this season. Long may his reign continue.

That Stoke steward is a huge whiny baby though. How much of an rear end do you have to be to complain about that little thing?

New shoes on the car and a flight to the Apple. Hell,

Also there's no way that wasn't intentional. If Costa weren't playing football he'd be digging shallow graves.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Ewar Woowar posted:

Walters is the most underrated stirker in the league imo.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fart simpson posted:

Have they changed it so five teams are getting relegated this season?

They haven't, but they should

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is Monk out yet?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Elliptical Dick posted:

Stoke fans have a long and proud history of trolling the poo poo out opposition managers, staff and players. He probably saw an opportunity to have a dump hit the second tower of shameful chelsea towers.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

i don't think you should say this about a team that couldn't beat newcastle currently

Hurrr you didn't beat a specific team so you aren't playing good football, shut up you spastic

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

FullLeatherJacket posted:

They haven't, but they should

Ten team relegation IMO

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Anyone here have Arsenal membership & can get me tickets for Arsenal - Sunderland soccer match-up?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
try LPV

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Elliptical Dick posted:

Getting stepped on by cleats hurts like gently caress and the dude is sitting there making a poo poo wage as some millionaire comes over and stomps on his foot. Not on

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

African AIDS cum posted:

Getting stepped on by cleats hurts like gently caress and the dude is sitting there making a poo poo wage as some millionaire comes over and stomps on his foot. Not on

calm down bernie

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

African AIDS cum posted:

have you considered trying corticosteroids for the pain, pusy

even albanians dont cry that much

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Liverpool status: still bad

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Maybe Brendan was a good manager all along

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nduPhoAS0b4

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

have you considered trying corticosteroids for the pain, pusy

even albanians dont cry that much
great post!

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

thanks, i hope you're taking notes here

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Byolante posted:

I think Stoke are turning into a scarily good team now. Diouf is back from injury, Shawcross's back is healed, Butland is better than Begovic.

Having Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovich, Walters and Diouf all there ready to play in attack is amazing and I don't even recognise the sort of football we are playing now compared to even a season ago. Sparky is a genius :stoke:

Hughes deserved a bonus for his recruitment, it's astounding who he's drawn to the Britinnia

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Maybe Brendan was a good manager all along

Come home, Brenda

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Joe Hart is bad

https://streamable.com/s65d

Context: https://streamable.com/86bx

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Reminder that Garry Monk took off Gylfi Sigurdsson and replaced him with Leon Britton in a game where Swansea were 1-0 down with 75% possession.

Gomis - who can't hit a barn door with an african birth certificate and hasn't looked like scoring since August - played 90 minutes.

A striker he spent £5m on just because he looks like Gomis came on with only 3 minutes to go.

Michu (of me posting "michuuuuuuuu" fame) is rotting in Spain.

He'll name an unchanged team again against Bournemouth, lose 1-0, and be sacked. God willing. gently caress him and his drug-bud James Beattie, too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Reprisal posted:

Hughes deserved a bonus for his recruitment, it's astounding who he's drawn to the Britinnia

Is he still cozy with Joorabchian? That might help a lot.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It was a weird match. Despite how bad Liverpool was, if Benteke had managed to convert any of the many chances he got, the end result would have looked a lot different.

The lack of balance in Liverpool's midfield is staggering. Lucas has no speed and Can has no consistency and the entire squad was getting muscled off the ball by the likes of Zaha. I really wonder if Henderson's return is going to do anything to improve the situation, but I suspect not.

It's also amazing at how little threat Liverpool pose on corners and set pieces. Pardew must still be laughing his rear end off from that spectacle. You have to wonder why no one on that side can take a decent corner. Even in the days of Peak Gerrard, Liverpool corner kicks have been pathetic.

It was pretty funny seeing the likes of Lucas and Coutinho bounce off of the likes of Zaha like they were hit by tanks. I really hope some German muscle-tech makes its way to Melwood soon.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 9, 2015

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

African AIDS cum posted:

poo poo so every time someone stepped on my foot with football boots by accident I could have put a claim in?!? I wish I would have known that when I was still playing.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Is he still cozy with Joorabchian? That might help a lot.

It was a weird match. Despite how bad Liverpool was, if Benteke had managed to convert any of the many chances he got, the end result would have looked a lot different.

The lack of balance in Liverpool's midfield is staggering. Lucas has no speed and Can has no consistency and the entire squad was getting muscled off the ball by the likes of Zaha. I really wonder if Henderson's return is going to do anything to improve the situation, but I suspect not.

It's also amazing at how little threat Liverpool pose on corners and set pieces. Pardew must still be laughing his rear end off from that spectacle. You have to wonder why no one on that side can take a decent corner. Even in the days of Peak Gerrard, Liverpool corner kicks have been pathetic.

It was pretty funny seeing the likes of Lucas and Coutinho bounce off of the likes of Zaha like they were hit by tanks. I really hope some German muscle-tech makes its way to Melwood soon.

Skrtel scored of a lot of corners in that almost season but other than that we've been poo poo since Hyypia was playing.

Can is 21 so I expect some inconsistencies and he's mostly been very good since Klopp took over. His work rate has been great too and given our lack of options in the middle he's had to play a lot. No concerns about him.

Lucas is a good player but he has lost all physicality to his game and relies entirely on his positioning and timing. His stats suggest he's been amazing but I still think we need a more mobile defensive midfielder. Still don't think he's a massive concern though.

Also I disagree about the Henderson being back thing. I think he'll make a huge difference once he's match fit. His pressing and work rate is the best in the side but unlike Milner he's actually quick and a bigger goal threat

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Elliptical Dick posted:

poo poo so every time someone stepped on my foot with football boots by accident I could have put a claim in?!? I wish I would have known that when I was still playing.

Interesting point. What team did that steward play for? What is your IQ?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

African AIDS cum posted:

Interesting point. What team did that steward play for? What is your IQ?

It was an accident you nonce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Emre Can is one of those guys who firmly believes he's amazing at every aspect of a football match but is really only good at like two or three things, which don't include dribbling, shooting, or ambitious passing. When all he has to do is run around all day pressing people he looks really good, but as soon as he actually gets the ball and starts trying to do stepovers and through balls and shooting from thirty yards he looks like garbage. So it's natural that he looks good in Klopp's new high pressing system, but he still isn't an asset offensively and I think Henderson could improve the side a lot once he comes back.

• Locked thread