Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phil finally dealing long term.

Also unrelated but apparently they film next to a dildo factory and everyone went on a tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Suhpanels!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sopahs?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
We're sure it's not that cardboard box?

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Also unrelated but apparently they film next to a dildo factory and everyone went on a tour.

Perks of the apocalypse.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Stubborn as a mule who refuses to reproduce!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
...aaaaaand that's thirty minutes of my life wasted. Completely boring.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I thought it did some important things with Phil not-Tandy as a character, plus I liked the ongoing battle with the wire.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It was okay, but not as good as just Phil & Carol.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loved the first two episodes of Season 1, and hated the rest. Is Season 2 better?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
The more they show of the group, the less and less I give a poo poo. Really did work better when they were on their own.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I loved the first two episodes of Season 1, and hated the rest. Is Season 2 better?

Guess what? The first two episodes were funny, now it's spiraling down the toilet of :effort: into the sewer of mediocrity.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought the episode was fine and actually exploring some of what goes on inside Alpha Phil's head was an interesting change of pace.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I agree that the show has been best when they were on their own but can a show sustain that for an entire season much less multiple seasons? I would argue not. The show seems to agree.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I didn't mind the show being about the group in the first season and the same goes here. I'm comfortable with the show being about how the group decides, if they decide, to rebuild society while we slowly learn everyone's probably as awful as Tandy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe only awful people survived? Although there probably would have been more if that was true.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I thought the episode was fine and actually exploring some of what goes on inside Alpha Phil's head was an interesting change of pace.

It was interesting how, despite being a total rear end about it, he was mostly right. Everyone else was just sitting around expecting things to be fine/work normally while he was constantly fixing stuff.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
At the very least they could move on to different places, run into new wacky hijinx along the way, maybe lose someone to doing something stupid, and finding someone else. Them all hanging out in one mansion together is kind of lazy. How about they try and take a huge yacht to Hawaii while running into his brother who ejected an escape capsule into the Pacific and get lost and end up on Easter Island then end up in South America and getting lost in the Amazon. Just go off the rails and have fun with an empty world.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 9, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

Maybe only awful people survived? Although there probably would have been more if that was true.

It was interesting how, despite being a total rear end about it, he was mostly right. Everyone else was just sitting around expecting things to be fine/work normally while he was constantly fixing stuff.

I'm still kinda wondering what city Phil 2 is thinking of moving to where there will be more resources for them to use.

Also, why at least one of them is not just living in the house that's already hooked up with power and everything instead of trying to hook a waffle iron up to a non-working generator.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

raditts posted:

I'm still kinda wondering what city Phil 2 is thinking of moving to where there will be more resources for them to use.

Yeah... I didn't quite understand where he would go.

And then if the gas was starting to go bad, where the hell was he going to go without usable gasoline?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Astro7x posted:

Yeah... I didn't quite understand where he would go.

And then if the gas was starting to go bad, where the hell was he going to go without usable gasoline?

Well, if his car has a diesel engine he still has 1-2 years to use that.

Their situation is not really that dire at the moment but I think Phil 2 just wants to try to set up a self sustaining compound somewhere where they have easy access to clean water and farmland before the diesel goes bad as well.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I guess his truck uses diesel. Or jet fuel.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

raditts posted:

While Malibu is way better than loving Tuscon, it's still quite uninhabitable. And having the constant smell of whale carcass in the air isn't really helpful either. It makes me wonder why they moved there in the first place. It was clearly a planned action, since Melissa left a note.
Actually it's quite clear what happened: Phil suggested a sensible place like an apple orchard in Wyoming and he got overruled because those places are way to boring and don't have luxury housing.

I am not actually sure if apple trees survive several years without care, but some kind of tree should be able to. In any case, living on a farm probably a better option than Malibu.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think they could easily have made this show focus on Carole and Phil roaming around the country looking for other survivors and every week or so run into someone new that either died due to their ineptitude or left them them because they were unbearable. It would have been a lot more fun and we would still know those characters as well as we know the other characters that have been around for 2 seasons now.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lycus posted:

I guess his truck uses diesel. Or jet fuel.

He could have just used a tesla.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ravane posted:

He could have just used a tesla.

And charged it off a portable diesel generator!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

raditts posted:

Also, why at least one of them is not just living in the house that's already hooked up with power and everything instead of trying to hook a waffle iron up to a non-working generator.

I wondered this, as well. Seven people could live comfortably in what seems like a decent-sized two story house, just like a post-apocalyptic Brady Bunch!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It feels like they glossed over something in regards to the solar panel house. Like it is way too small or too far away from Gordon's house or something.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Stubborn as a mule who refuses to reproduce!

I was impressed; for Carol, that was surprisingly apt metaphor.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I like that there is finally a post-apocalyptic show where the gas expires.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

I like that there is finally a post-apocalyptic show where the gas expires.

This was my favorite nitpick of The Last of Us.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I liked this episode a lot. :/

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I agree with this completely. Best episode since they rejoined the group, and all s2 "more than just Phil and Carol" episodes have been better than the ones we got in s1.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I like the show but there's so much wasted potential like it has already been pointed out on this page, maybe they just don't have the budget and that's why they stay in that boring house.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I liked this episode quite a bit. They're not afraid to play around with the roles the characters play- though I would like to see some more characterization of the three non-Carol women.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Glass of Milk posted:

I liked this episode quite a bit. They're not afraid to play around with the roles the characters play- though I would like to see some more characterization of the three non-Carol women.

Yeah, this.

Personally, I don't mind it being really character-driven. The writers are using the device of a post-apocalyptic setting to tell their stories, rather than making the setting the main character, and I'm fine with that.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Yeah, this.

Personally, I don't mind it being really character-driven. The writers are using the device of a post-apocalyptic setting to tell their stories, rather than making the setting the main character, and I'm fine with that.

Its a modern retelling of gilligan's island.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed at them accidentally killing the bull with too many tranqs. Usually that is something that is ignored in movies/books or whatever.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I didn't know there was an episode last weekend as well, so now I'm caught up with the last two episode.

I'm glad they were checking in on Tandy's brother, even though there hasn't been a payoff from it yet.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea I watched the trailer last week and saw a glimpse of him and thought "gently caress, they just spoiled that he's going to get in contact with them next week that should have been a big surprise!" but instead it was just catching up and watching him go slowly (more) insane which I liked - good contrast of everyone coming together as a "family" and him stuck up in space totally alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I totally thought Phil was gonna get in touch with him playing with a radio on his way to Canada.

Interesting that now Tandy is basically one of the "best" people in the group.

• Locked thread