Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i watched Iron Giant on 35mm in a theater full of sci fi nerds last year, it was mad emotional

I cry at the end every time I watch The Iron Giant.

the most recent movie to totally emotionally wreck me was The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Holy poo poo the end is CRUSHING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That poo poo is wack.

Can you elaborate, Deus Therion?

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 9, 2015

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah I'm at work so I can't make a thread right now but apparently you can still lock threads when you're probated, so that's not going anywhere.

that guy is a busta

i dont evne particularly care about the warcraft movie i just dont want him to be such a baby

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Dickeye, did you catch the Sword & Scale episode a few months back on the satanic panic in Europe?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That poo poo is wack.

I agree but it also made me cry like a bitch which is why i recommended it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, I'll make a warcraft thread. Gimmie a sec.

Here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750730

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Dickeye, did you catch the Sword & Scale episode a few months back on the satanic panic in Europe?

the one with the recordings of the kids talking about being ritually molested in a changing room at a public pool, and how the mcdonalds people are in on it? my dude,

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

axleblaze posted:

gently caress it, I'll make a warcraft thread. Gimmie a sec.

Here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750730

Thanks broseph.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

the one with the recordings of the kids talking about being ritually molested in a changing room at a public pool, and how the mcdonalds people are in on it? my dude,

yeeesssssss

A coworker and I were sent on a 3 hour drive to do something for work and I figured it was a good time to get caught up on my s&s episodes...

holy poo poo dude will not let me have any control over the radio now. I couldn't believe how absolutely absurd the accounts were compared to like the one that happened at that preschool here in the U.S..

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I watched Inside Out today, and that was pretty emotional towards the end. I also saw Spectre. Meh.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I watched Inside Out today, and that was pretty emotional towards the end. I also saw Spectre. Meh.
Inside Out is the movie to see if you want to feel a whole range of emotions. Spectre is the movie to see if you want to feel nothing at all.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Spatula City posted:

the most recent movie to totally emotionally wreck me was The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Holy poo poo the end is CRUSHING.

yeah that movie was way too sad.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

People are pretty bummed on Spectre, I figured it would at least have some rad shots or explodey action to give it some points.

Is there at least a lot of spooky skeleton masks?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ror posted:

People are pretty bummed on Spectre, I figured it would at least have some rad shots or explodey action to give it some points.

Spooky skeleton masks are only in the opening scene of the movie and no one essential to the action wears a mask, except for Bond at the beginning who takes it off before the action gets going :smith:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
One mask and a bunch of face paint, none of it spooky, but all pretty cool looking.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

yeeesssssss

A coworker and I were sent on a 3 hour drive to do something for work and I figured it was a good time to get caught up on my s&s episodes...

holy poo poo dude will not let me have any control over the radio now. I couldn't believe how absolutely absurd the accounts were compared to like the one that happened at that preschool here in the U.S..

That episode is really, really hosed.

I actually am really mad at Mike for the latest episode/his response to the criticism around it. I've know for a while he's an idiot, but the last episode (and his reaction to it) is pretty disgusting,

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I always cry at the end of Man On Fire and Armageddon.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

James Woods Fan posted:

I always cry at the end of Man On Fire and Armageddon.

Because you realize you'll never get that time back?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

axleblaze posted:

Because you realize you'll never get that time back?

I know Armageddon is not a good movie but I still watch it and weep.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ror posted:

It has a few decent action scenes, but they're nothing exceptional, and there's certainly nothing as pretty as Skyfall.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

That episode is really, really hosed.

I actually am really mad at Mike for the latest episode/his response to the criticism around it. I've know for a while he's an idiot, but the last episode (and his reaction to it) is pretty disgusting,

ooooooooooooooo deets please. I haven't heard the latest episode.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ooooooooooooooo deets please. I haven't heard the latest episode.

Same, I want some info on his responses. The latest episode was about an illegal abortion clinic that was dirty and had poorly trained staff and performed 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. Predictably, Mike tried to play as middle of the road as possible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Same, I want some info on his responses. The latest episode was about an illegal abortion clinic that was dirty and had poorly trained staff and performed 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions. Predictably, Mike tried to play as middle of the road as possible.

Christ, is that the Gosnel case? I used to drive past that place every day on my way to work when I lived in Powelton Village.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I violently weep at Cronenberg's The Fly and any incarnation of King Kong.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Baron von Eevl posted:

Christ, is that the Gosnel case? I used to drive past that place every day on my way to work when I lived in Powelton Village.

Yeah, it's basically an hour-long tour of the Gosnell clinic and how awful the place was.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Yeah, it's basically an hour-long tour of the Gosnell clinic and how awful the place was.

I was taking a behind the scenes tour of Penn's museum and their new labs, including one that specializes in human remains (generally archeological) and it was real dope until the scientist told us all about how exciting it was to help identify all the fetal remains from his garbage disposal. Like literally a garbage disposal in the sink.

Kinda killed the vibe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's an emotionally manipulative ad for people who want to feel some emotions still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZGghmwUcbQ

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lurdiak posted:

Here's an emotionally manipulative ad for people who want to feel some emotions still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZGghmwUcbQ

The only emotional Thai stories I'm interested in are the ones about Tony Jaa having something stolen from him and him having to kick people until he gets it back.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
What the hell did that have to do with life insurance?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

What the hell did that have to do with life insurance?

gently caress if I know. All their ads are like that.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Sharon Stone seems like she'd have an extremely firm handshake

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

According to the Cannon films documentary, everyone hated working with Sharon Stone because she thinks she's very smart, but isn't. Which explains a lot of her career choices.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The response I'm talking about is from Facebook.

quote:

A concerned listener recently gave me some tips on how to be less-biased by inserting some more of my own personal bias. I've included the audio so you can hear his entire suggestion (without any of my rampant bias getting in the way). Thank you, concerned listener. I will list out the lessons you've taught me and use them to better this program in the future...

[To hear the audio, click the picture of Kermit Gosnell below]

Concerned Listener Suggestion #1: "You can't just do a report on something that is intrinsically political" without being political.

Me: Don't cover anything that can in any way be perceived by anyone as "political." Got it!

Concerned Listener Suggestion #2: "You can't do things like you did, where, you have a woman suggest that this is not the exception to the rule."

Me: Makes sense. Next time I'll interject and harshly correct any perceived suggestions with my unfounded claims and own political bias.

Concerned Listener Suggestion #3: "But this woman with her claims 'this happens far too often...' No that's bullshit. You're being political right there."

Me: Right, same thing as before. Interject, correct, insert my own political bias.

Concerned Listener Suggestion #4: "Also you have your statement saying, 'oh this was not by anti but pro-abortion,' and that's you coming down on one side right there"

Me: Actually, it's a line read directly from the grand jury report. But next time I'm make sure to immedieately call them morons after quoting them and, of course, insert some more of my own political bias.

Concerned Listener Suggestion #5: "...And number three, in a time when Planned Parenthoods are threatened to be shut down... and people are taking any example they can as proof that abortion is a satanic loving ritual, to put out an episode like this, despite the fact that it's true ...and then suggest that '(Oh) this is not the exception to the rule. It happens more than you think,' is completely irresponsible if you're trying to be unbiased or if, the impression that I get is that you're an anti-abortion person, that it's just the usual bullshit coming from your side of the fence."

Me: Ok, so first I gotta make sure I never talk about any topics during any time which one side may not like it. If I say anything negative against this anyone on this side of the argument then, obviously, I'm biased. I need to be more responsible with my reporting in the future and take into account the political struggles of both sides so I can time my own comments and reporting to weigh more strongly a bias on the opposite side. Timing is everything! ...also, maybe I should buy a fence.

Concerned Listener Suggestion #6: "You're clearly a moron."

Me: Point noted.

The episode definitely seemed very middle-of-the-road, but his responses to the (mostly valid) criticisms of the work are really gross. After reading his reactions and listening to the episode, I feel like it's very clearly he is VERY anti-abortion and only coveted this case because it puts abortion clinics in a disgusting light.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

GonSmithe posted:

The episode definitely seemed very middle-of-the-road, but his responses to the (mostly valid) criticisms of the work are really gross. After reading his reactions and listening to the episode, I feel like it's very clearly he is VERY anti-abortion and only coveted this case because it puts abortion clinics in a disgusting light.

I haven't listened to the episode and I definitely won't; I've had more than enough exposure to that horrific story as it is. That said, his response there just sounds really immature and weird to me as an outside observer.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Eagles loving blew it up tonight. Offense actually played decently all game, even Bradford didn't throw any picks and I was loving squeezing my rear end tight enough to make a diamond waiting for it the whole time. Cowboys' season is loving done and buried and I feel kind of bad for Cassel but gently caress it for the first time in nine weeks this team has played up to its own talent and I'm going to get drunk and celebrate

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Lurdiak posted:

According to the Cannon films documentary, everyone hated working with Sharon Stone because she thinks she's very smart, but isn't. Which explains a lot of her career choices.

I've heard Agent X is hysterical.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If I hadn't seen those Greg Hardy photos for the first time today I'd probably have more sympathy for the franchise.

Also, I know a large part of it was because it's Veterans Day on Wednesday, but all the military stuff during the game was a little weird to see given the recent mini-scandal about paid patriotism at football games.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Skwirl posted:

If I hadn't seen those Greg Hardy photos for the first time today I'd probably have more sympathy for the franchise.

Also, I know a large part of it was because it's Veterans Day on Wednesday, but all the military stuff during the game was a little weird to see given the recent mini-scandal about paid patriotism at football games.

Yeah I specifically said Cassel because he's basically a longtime player who's never really stood out and pretty much at the end of his career and here he got a chance to helm a major franchise for three games and it would have been nice if he'd won one..... end of the day though I'm a dirty birds man so too bad so sad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Holy poo poo, Christina Hendrick's first "act" in Lost River is gorgeous haunting.

Also, Lost River is on Cinemax OnDemand, if you have that.

Also christ I can't not stress enough how good of an actor Matt Smith is.

Edit- Ryan Gosling has a great sense of humor.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

yeeesssssss

satanic panic poo poo is hilarious because it's always so fuckin absurd

GonSmithe posted:

i honestly dont know what mike's politics are, because he's just such a goddamn idiot. and if he's not an idiot, he plays one to get better poo poo for the show

you don't do a goddamn true crime podcast and NOT know abotu 420

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 9, 2015

• Locked thread