Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

enraged_camel posted:

I don't like that a good 25% of the map is ocean. Seems like a cheap way to increase the size of the map...

lmao yes because if that weren't water it'd obviously be land chock full of content that is now missing from the game

curse you, the Atlantic Ocean!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

I guess I just like to post bad posts.

you're in the right thread, friend

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe there's a diving bell and a mermaid kingdom

if there isn't a 1:1 recreation of kedge keep i'm issuing a steam refund

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

to bethesda's credit it looks like this has much much better gameplay outside of conversation elements than fallout 3 did, and by a far far larger leap than is typical of "bethesda progress"

but it's still squarely soundly a bethesda game

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Magmarashi posted:

I'd put money on it that the same people who complain about the % based checks forcing them to save scum also reload and set their skill levels up to pass skill checks in NV all the time, too.

That's a bad bet, bitch.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Grody posted:

so do you think Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 4.1g of ram, Geforce GT 525M, with windows 7 could run it? i dont want to buy it then have to buy a new pc too

I don't know. Do you think it will run on my upgraded Commodore 64?

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

ModeSix posted:

drat son. :iceburn:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ModeSix posted:

you may need at least a playstation 2 to handle the character models and indoor textures on this bad boy

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

enraged_camel posted:

I don't like that a good 25% of the map is ocean. Seems like a cheap way to increase the size of the map...

Depends on the actual size of the map. And anyway a more content dense environment would be good.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Walrus Pete posted:

lmao yes because if that weren't water it'd obviously be land chock full of content that is now missing from the game

that's not what i said at all, but ok

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

NecroMonster posted:

but this is bethesda

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

enraged_camel posted:

that's not what i said at all, but ok

What was your point then? That they should've dried up the ocean? Shifted the map to the left, so they could include more empty wasteland? Or was it actually all about the literal size of the map, as if anyone could possibly care about that these days?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bigger numbers are better this counts for distances and measurements too

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Guys can I run this game? Here are my specs:

-------------------------------------

[Xbox One]

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm willing to poo poo talk Bethesda basically forever, but complaining about the size of the water is pretty stupid.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MattD1zzl3 posted:

[Xbox One]

you can run it right back to the store on your way to buy a pc

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

[Xbox One]

Turn everything down to low and you'll be fine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The game is also being made for consoles, chances are if you have even a mildly serviceable home personal computer device, you can run it on medium or something.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Think i might end up running with this http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=5&p=3&e=3&c=1&i=5&a=7&l=4
If or not it works is beyond me

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

you can run it right back to the store on your way to buy a pc

Yea, but something something more cinematic.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

TwatHammer posted:

Think i might end up running with this http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=5&p=3&e=3&c=1&i=5&a=7&l=4
If or not it works is beyond me

No CHR? Don't care about settlements?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they took the skryim specs and multiplied it by the number of years since skyrim came out

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

NecroMonster posted:

they took the skryim specs and multiplied it by the number of years since skyrim came out

Coulda fooled me to be honest

Oh just on what they claim you need yeah probably, no way this poo poo takes like a 900 etc. to run

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Mitchicon posted:

No CHR? Don't care about settlements?

I mean it would be nice but cant i just dump stats into char as i level or is the 28 there all i get in total?

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
so is the rifleman perk applied to shotguns? I mean they're rifles that aren't automatic so....

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TwatHammer posted:

I mean it would be nice but cant i just dump stats into char as i level or is the 28 there all i get in total?

You can but that's instead of perks so you may not want to.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
They made the most inefficient high res textures ever, and coated that all in a haze of blur and smoke for that "hollywood movie" look. Also that blow up doll face is a replicant.

Check and mate. Todd wins. (Why is there no Todd Howard or Bethesda emoticon?)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the new mirelurk design is cool and I like the addition of gun bashing. armor/weapon customization looks good and the settlements will be really cool provided they don't work too much like the phone game. too bad about Everything Else, please save us rope kid

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

looks like i might want to relook over my stat choices then. welp.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I cant wait to buy some nuka cola at $3 a bottle!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

28 hours until release.

Please tell me why I will hate this game. If your opinion doesn't come from actually playing it, even better.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah this game looks p. cool. I just have to go in expecting a poo poo linear story with some random set pieces that will be rad. As probz mute all the voice acting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

28 hours until release.

Please tell me why I will hate this game. If your opinion doesn't come from actually playing it, even better.

it causes penis rot

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Real hurthling! posted:

it causes penis rot

Jokes on you, my penis is so small that it won't matter

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

ModeSix posted:

Only if it's a 64/128

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Why am I excited for this game even though I know it will be another mediocre Bethesda title that mods fix?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Where are people getting that Idiot Savant procs more frequently if you have higher luck? The perk description doesn't say that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm assuming no one has figure out any tricks to get the PC version unlocked early (I mean earlier than the New Zealand VPN)

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm assuming no one has figure out any tricks to get the PC version unlocked early (I mean earlier than the New Zealand VPN)

Not yet. If they did, and it didn't involve :filez: we'd be all over it.

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
The Ghoulish perk is looking real nice but I'm curious how it plays out. Am I now just fully immune to rads and absorb them as health? If I get perks like Lead Belly will it reduce the effect of rad healing from food if it works that way at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Can someone post a decent free VPN that can support downloading over a gig of data? Can someone then do this every page until tomorrow at 9PM?

• Locked thread