Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The puffin means it's racist and the tiger means it's a bad joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
But it's true

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

quote:

I was sitting on the window side of a double seat on the bus. A woman hopped on, and despite lots of empty seats, she sat next to me. After two stops, I couldn't handle being squashed into the side anymore, and the feel of someone else sweaty thighs touching mine was enough to prompt me to say, and I quote " Excuse me, I just need to pass through" I then sat down on the other side where their are heaps of empty seats, and the woman began to harass me. "Whats wrong with me? Is it because I'm black?" I was horrified she thought I was being racist and I immediately said no I just needed more room. She then started being hysterical and even cried. 2 other women on the bus then began comforting her, and all three shot me horrible glances for the rest of the trip, and loudly 'whispered' things like, 'what a rude cow'. It was a horrible experience, but I don't think I was in the wrong. I just didn't want to be squashed by a huge lady.

And that ladies name?

Albert Eisntestein Hitler.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

quote:

I suppose I should start from the beginning, I met my now ex-fiancee while I was traveling in Scotland, we instantly hit it off and I eventually found out she lived in Canada (as do I) and even in the same province, I gave her my phone number continued travelling different parts of the country until I returned home.

It was about a month later when I finally received a text from her she said she really wanted to see more of me and that we should meet up sometime, I was really happy since I felt the same way, so I quickly agreed and we met up at a Tim Hortons in my home city. We eventually went on to start dating.

We were dating for 9 years, the reason why I never proposed was because we both wanted to be absolutely certain that we were right for each other also at the time I was inbetween jobs and I was still searching for a steady income.

We still weren't planning on marriage for a while but she unexpectantly became pregnant, this pushed forward our plans of marriage to a priority. I didn't mind I still loved her so much and I was really excited to be a father. Together we managed to make up enough money to have a nice wedding that we were both pleased with.

We were already months into our wedding planning when we received bad news from our doctor... Our baby's life was cruelly taken away... It's precious little heart stopped beating and my fiancee had to have an abortion performed. We both were depressed for weeks but we couldn't call off our wedding since we made too many deposits that were non refundable and many of our family members already booked flights.

I decided not to have a bachelor's party so we could save money for the main wedding, once the wedding night came My fiancee and I were still grieving for our unborn child, once she began to walk down the aisle everyone was looking at her. I had my vows prepared (which I had spent hours writing out the day before) but then she muttered "I just can't do this" and she ran back down the aisle and out the door. I ran after her before the guests could see me begin to cry.

I found her outside of the church in the parking lot, crying, I asked her what was wrong and she responded with a simple "everything" she turned to me and remember looking into her big brown eyes and at that moment I realized I still loved her, I would do anything for her, so I told her those exact words and she said "There is something you can do for me" "anything" I responded, she nodded and said "Imma need bout tree fiddy" and I realized how close I was to marrying a 3 story tall plesiosaur from the triassic period. I told her "gently caress you nessie I aint giving you no dame tree fiddy"

Tl;Dr: Sob story about how I met my fiancee and how she left me standing at the alter after I gave her all of my love.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

KoRMaK posted:

And that ladies name?

I'm sure that whole thing happened for real, just in reverse.

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

KoRMaK posted:

quote:

I was sitting on the window side of a double seat on the bus. A woman hopped on, and despite lots of empty seats, she sat next to me. After two stops, I couldn't handle being squashed into the side anymore, and the feel of someone else sweaty thighs touching mine was enough to prompt me to say, and I quote " Excuse me, I just need to pass through" I then sat down on the other side where their are heaps of empty seats, and the woman began to harass me. "Whats wrong with me? Is it because I'm black?" I was horrified she thought I was being racist and I immediately said no I just needed more room. She then started being hysterical and even cried. 2 other women on the bus then began comforting her, and all three shot me horrible glances for the rest of the trip, and loudly 'whispered' things like, 'what a rude cow'. It was a horrible experience, but I don't think I was in the wrong. I just didn't want to be squashed by a huge lady.

And that ladies name?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Shayu posted:

But it's true

It's not even a joke, let alone a bad joke. 👎

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
It's often harder on the shooter.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

never shoulda given here that dollar

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

He summoned Neil Cicierega.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

These little rapists are TRIGGERING THE poo poo OUT OF ME.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

todd's fuckin slaying it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dungeon Ecology posted:

For real that's top-shelf.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Eh, Erica's setting him up for that joke a little too easily.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Does that say the photo is from unclesamsmisguidedchildren.com?

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://gfycat.com/EasygoingGentleGarpike

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Where's the friendly fish?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://nymag.com/following/2015/11/longest-running-miscarriage-meme-on-the-web.html

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ay yi yi

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chard posted:

ay yi
yi y-

Yes.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

quote:

Memes are frameworks; they’re skeletons. They often contain jokes, but they are not, in and of themselves, funny.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

article posted:

According to a statistical breakdown on Something Awful

:laffo:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fucken lmao

stay safe bananaman

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

thats a body panel for a racing go kart my buddy just bought

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

ThaGhettoJew posted:

drat. It looks like the article forgot to discuss his horrifying 1400+ word editorial journal entry that came with the cartoon though. (Careful, link goes straight to the strip in question.) Knowing about all that important subtext. Behind the scenes glimpses. Understanding where he's coming from. That of the deeply insightful "often harder on the woman than the man" fame along with other worldwise musings on art and feelings. Turns out you can't just move past that.

:effort:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Memes are frameworks; they’re skeletons. They often contain jokes, but they are not, in and of themselves, funny.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Memes are frameworks; they’re skeletons.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Memes are skeletons.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
"Why “Loss” has stuck around all these years is not entirely clear. Even the greatest scholars of memes struggle to understand why one particular image or idea circulates and another doesn’t."

"Even the greatest scholars of memes struggle to understand why one particular image or idea circulates and another doesn’t."

"Even the greatest scholars of memes"

"the greatest scholars of memes"

:allears: tell me more about these fabled scholars of memes. Baited breathe, and all that. :allears:

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
I went to college in Hawaii and I think I still would have been run out of class if I said something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I always knew...

• Locked thread