Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seroxat
Jan 10, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

That perfectly describes Indiana University of Pennsylvania where roughly 90% of my graduating class was criminology majors which meant I had to wait 2 hours before I got called up because I took an actually challenging major and not an excuse to party and then get the whole school in trouble when St. Patty's day came and a bunch of douchebag cultists from Penn State came over since Happy Valley closes the bars.

I think half of the allure of our school is the fact that you never know when you're gonna suddenly be caught in the middle of a machete riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
^Omg I forgot about that.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You might very well say that. I couldn't possibly comment.

You're no Frank Underwood.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boon posted:

You're no Frank Underwood.

I'm not Francis Urquhart, either.

Sorry for being smart, but what I meant was that it may very well be the case that we understand these things differently. When I think of "working with the system" I think joining the student government, filing petitions, etc. That, in itself, is built so that you, as a student, do not usually have leverage. That is why there is need for extra-curricular work. To gain leverage.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GalacticAcid posted:

IUP: I Usually Party.
Not me, I was in those sweet suite dorms posting on SA until I was a senior and realized "Oh my god I could have done something!!!" Then I went to do bar trivia with my geology friends; we were Gin and Tectonics and we were undefeated until finals week when we faced our profs who were team Don't take us for Granite. We would have won if our whole team was there and if my teammates didn't gain a conscious about cheating. :argh:

IUP is a fun school regardless, especially if you want a good geology program where you learn from actual professors that you can hang out with in their office at any time.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Whoops, nothing to see here~

Mrit fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 9, 2015

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sanders is abso-goddamn-lutely the Ron Paul of 2016. Straw polls and all. I have a couple of Facebook friends that have stated they won't vote for Hillary if Bernie doesn't get the nomination. :psyduck:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Previa_fun posted:

Sanders is abso-goddamn-lutely the Ron Paul of 2016. Straw polls and all. I have a couple of Facebook friends that have stated they won't vote for Hillary if Bernie doesn't get the nomination. :psyduck:

The same thing happened with Hillary in 2008.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Lotka Volterra posted:

The same thing happened with Hillary in 2008.

How quickly we have gotten PUMAs and HillaryIs44.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Any chance you folks could take the candidate supporter bashing to Election Erection? I predict a major, obnoxious derail where a bunch of people will end up probated, which would be a sad shame, indeed.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Any chance you folks could take the candidate supporter bashing to Election Erection? I predict a major, obnoxious derail where a bunch of people will end up probated, which would be a sad shame, indeed.

Sorry about that, I forgot which forum I was in. Removing my post.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sorry if this got posted last night but this John Bel Edwards ad is brutal.

Basically "Edwards answered his country's call...David Vitter answered a prostitute's call :smuggo:"

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Yes, a bunch of untrained oddballs and enthusiasts with small arms will bring down the federal government.

... does anyone actually believe that?

Do they think the army will join them? Does anyone really think that that poor kids who joined to go college or because they had other option are going to know or care about any of their bullshit, and that officers and pilots are going to throw away their careers and lives for a stupid power fantasy?

I get that they like guns and love to fantasize about killing people, but how do you go from there to thinking that going on a shooting spree is somehow going to get you popular support and change society?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mrit posted:

Sorry about that, I forgot which forum I was in. Removing my post.

Much appreciated.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The media only seems to be reporting on the students in Missouri demanding the president step down for the poo poo swastika, thus hyperbolizing their grievances entirely as only being about that.

I'm seeing a lot of horseshit about how these activists are racist themselves, "that they harass white students on campus, and nobody complains to the media about that!"

People violently protest in Ferguson, "THEY'RE BURNING THEIR HOMES LOL"

People peacefully protest in UoM, "They aren't protesting right". Discussion is broken in this country.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 9, 2015

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

In pretty sure that, if not receiving the victory in getting the nomination, Sanders will tell his followers why it is important to vote for Hillary, and why it's important to keep the pressure up.
Unlike Ron Paul, Sanders is a legitimately great senator and mayor.

His overall goal is getting money out of politics, which jives well with the whole Occupy Wall Street crowd. Sanders running for president is a natural continuation of the national conversation started with OWS.

He's not going anywhere.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah, Bernie is clearly going to transition into an Elder Statesman, which is pretty darn awesome.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Nonsense posted:

The media only seems to be reporting on the students in Missouri demanding the president step down for the poo poo swastika, thus hyperbolizing their grievances entirely as only being about that.

I'm seeing a lot of horseshit about how these activists are racist themselves, "that they harass white students on campus, and nobody complains to the media about that!"

People violently protest in Ferguson, "THEY'RE BURNING THEIR HOMES LOL"

People peacefully protest in UoM, "They aren't protesting right". Discussion is broken in this country.

Turns out that racists just want to discredit anything that opposes their viewpoints instead of have a discussion in good faith.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Previa_fun posted:

Those people usually don't vote anyways so it's not a huge loss.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

Sorry if this got posted last night but this John Bel Edwards ad is brutal.

Basically "Edwards answered his country's call...David Vitter answered a prostitute's call :smuggo:"

Patriots or Prostitutes: who will you decide.

Which did Jesus decide?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Ghetto Prince posted:

Yes, a bunch of untrained oddballs and enthusiasts with small arms will bring down the federal government.

... does anyone actually believe that?

Do they think the army will join them? Does anyone really think that that poor kids who joined to go college or because they had other option are going to know or care about any of their bullshit, and that officers and pilots are going to throw away their careers and lives for a stupid power fantasy?

I get that they like guns and love to fantasize about killing people, but how do you go from there to thinking that going on a shooting spree is somehow going to get you popular support and change society?

What are you responding to? :psyduck:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DeusExMachinima posted:

What are you responding to? :psyduck:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Liberals have always handed the guns over to the right whenever the left seems to be gaining power.

Crowsbeak posted:

Which is why I am so adamant against gun control. When those in power start going for guns they do so to disarm those who have nothing left but guns. The New Dems want us to be consumed by culture war wedge issues rather then what really matters, the ability of our citizens to stay above water and our ability to prevent collapse due to their paymasters. Its time we told them to gently caress off to Bloomberg.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
In my defense i was alluding to the social democrats not supporting the Spartacus or Bavarian uprisings in 1919 Germany.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Why do people keep comparing Sanders to Ron Paul when Larry Lessig is right there?

Because Larry Lessig is a legitimately brilliant lawyer, and has a truly great mind?

Ron Paul is practically senile.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

The Iron Rose posted:

Because Larry Lessig is a legitimately brilliant lawyer, and has a truly great mind?

Ron Paul is practically senile.

but then the sanders comparison????

oh....... oh

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Can't wait for a goofy looking son of Bernie to come out of the woodwork and run for president in a few years. Bonus points if he resembles a children's Fischer Price toy.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Well it's bad for their retirements, to the degree they can even get an IRA or 401k.

If they're close enough to retirement and have a lot of open market stock left in their accounts, they're Doing It Wrong. Of course, that might be because nobody ever told them how to do it right, which is why 401k/RIAs are a foot gun designed to primarily benefit the financial sector.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

In my defense i was alluding to the social democrats not supporting the Spartacus or Bavarian uprisings in 1919 Germany.

I was thinking about Operation Gladio myself.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

That perfectly describes Indiana University of Pennsylvania where roughly 90% of my graduating class was criminology majors which meant I had to wait 2 hours before I got called up because I took an actually challenging major and not an excuse to party and then get the whole school in trouble when St. Patty's day came and a bunch of douchebag cultists from Penn State came over since Happy Valley closes the bars.

i don't understand this post, i've even read it a bunch and everything

it's near the end part that's where it starts to lose me, where did the cultists come in

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the happy valley cult is a good cult name, i'd probably join them

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder. I'm not from the area, so what's the deal, does nobody believe you worked hard?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

mandatory lesbian posted:

the happy valley cult is a good cult name, i'd probably join them

Rand Paul Mr. Carpainter/Mani Mani '16!

Blue, blue...

[e]: also please keep us updated on Mizzou protest news. I, for one, am interested.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Missouri became a southern state when Mizzou joined the SEC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9y5TfW5zQM

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Nonsense posted:

Their opposition will attempt to cut all of the player's scholarships.

To be clear, their athletic department has been supportive of them and would not cut them for this.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

To be clear, their athletic department has been supportive of them and would not cut them for this.

Not to mention the revenue problems effectively putting their football program on hiatus would cause, if they decided to just boot everyone. As long as the players and the AD hold the line on this, there's no good option for the university outside of firing the chancellor.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

[e]: also please keep us updated on Mizzou protest news. I, for one, am interested.

TFF has a thread on it, likely to see more updates there than here.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750723

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
ɯsıɔɐɹ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Mantis42 posted:

Can't wait for a goofy looking son of Bernie to come out of the woodwork and run for president in a few years. Bonus points if he resembles a children's Fischer Price toy.

My wife bought that phone for our daughters the other day. I laugh everytime I see it.

Larry Lessig is a fachidiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If Missouri cut player scholarships over this, there'd be an emergency meeting in Atlanta to see who they can coax to the SEC to keep that television market after kicking out Mizzou. (Uh, maybe K-State?) They'd be Southern Methodisting themselves and the Tigers wouldn't be competitive again for years if ever.

• Locked thread