Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The latter is pretty frightening, really.

In Aaron's Punisher Max, he had this arrangement with a weapons trafficker where he didn't murder him if he kept him supplied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Given how many actual Punisher fans there are in real life, he would totally get free guns, thumbs up and complimentary alcohol.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite Punisher story is the one where he murders one of his fanboys for being a disgusting piece of poo poo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

My favorite Punisher story is the one where he was a Frankenstein.

Comics are loving awesome sometimes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Mine iswhen he fought the super zombies. Because even in a story with zombies, he is still the worst character,

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Mine is when he shot the sword gun at alien bugs

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Well duh, he beat up Daken in that one, that makes it pretty much by default the best.

(anyone who beats up Daken is ay-oh-kay in my book)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Daken gave himself super-lupus because he's a loving idiot.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Who the hell is Daken?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Who the hell is Daken?

Wolverine's evil son with rapey pheromone power as well as claws and healing factor, although he ended up taking so many drugs that he lost his healing factor..

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Wolverine's evil son with rapey pheromone power as well as claws and healing factor, although he ended up taking so many drugs that he lost his healing factor..

Drugs are worse than being blown up by hundreds of bombs throughout history. Anyone else hate that they made Wolverine a bit wanky saving his son in Frankencastle?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Gavok posted:

I liked when Molly Hayes punched him in the stomach really hard. But the rest of that arc was not good.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Soylentbits posted:

I liked when Molly Hayes punched him in the stomach really hard. But the rest of that arc was not good.

Runaways had a perpetual issue with rubber banding from a handful of very good pages to two whole issues of garbage. It was frustrating.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Soylentbits posted:

I liked when Molly Hayes punched him in the stomach really hard.

In terms of scenes of Frank getting humbled, nothing beats the Uncanny X-Force issue where they go into the future and Deadpool completely rails on Future Punisher* for being the worst character, all while Future Punisher can't do a thing about it without screwing up the timestream.

*not to be confused with the other Future Punisher who is 35 caliber years old.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isn't there a scene where Spidey confronts him and lets Frank try to hurt him to shame him?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

zoux posted:

Isn't there a scene where Spidey confronts him and lets Frank try to hurt him to shame him?

He does a little more than that

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Punisher convinced Judge Anderson to be his sidekick?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He does a little more than that

Haha, also great but not what I was talking about. I remember Spidey letting Frank whale on him and he just completely no sells it to show that Frank is loving with dudes way above his paygrade.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

The Punisher convinced Judge Anderson to be his sidekick?

She was a soldier who married a cop for about 3 seconds before the mob shot up their wedding, and she was the only one who lived.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

zoux posted:

Haha, also great but not what I was talking about. I remember Spidey letting Frank whale on him and he just completely no sells it to show that Frank is loving with dudes way above his paygrade.

Was it during Brand New Day? Two issue arc.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

It's in the Punisher: War Zone mini but I don't have the pages. Unfortunately Spidey comes down with a case of jobbing for the star because Frank C4's the ground underneath them or something, I forget. The whole mini was pretty good though, even if you don't like the Punisher. It has a bunch of Avengers try to chase him down and either let him get away, or have Frank get away in ways that actually make sense.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TwoPair posted:

It's in the Punisher: War Zone mini but I don't have the pages. Unfortunately Spidey comes down with a case of jobbing for the star because Frank C4's the ground underneath them or something, I forget. The whole mini was pretty good though, even if you don't like the Punisher. It has a bunch of Avengers try to chase him down and either let him get away, or have Frank get away in ways that actually make sense.

It's still a pretty rad set of pages overall because it's mostly Frank getting wrecked.

And Frank is garbage so, ya know, that's always rewarding.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

zoux posted:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

That should've been the part where Frank realizes he just broke his loving hands, but Spidey jobs to a flashbang or something.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

wiegieman posted:

That should've been the part where Frank realizes he just broke his loving hands, but Spidey jobs to a flashbang or something.

Maybe? Some sort of concussion grenade probably as Spidey loses the back off of his costume.

Frank then goes on to steal one of his web shooters. I really like War Zone though, not the least because this happened.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's a yawner like every Punisher run that isn't Ennis taking the piss out of the character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If you think Ennis' run on Punisher is parody I don't know what to tell you.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The original 2 non-Max ones with the Russian and the Russian 2.0 were, then Ennis decided the character deserved respect and quickly disappeared up his own rear end as he tends to do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The satirical elements of those comics were about everything but Punisher, though. It made fun of DUMB SUPERHEROES like most of Ennis' other work.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I will never understand why people hate The Punisher as a comic book character. Like, his vigilantism is SUPER BAD and we should hate him because in real life it would be loving terrible, meanwhile some loving dude in a cape gets the city wrecked every other week and everyone is like "he's so cool because he never kills anyone (except for all those people underneath him) but if that happened even once it would be full out nuclear war on that guy because every battle would be a 9/11 sized tragedy at best and would make Katrina look like it was handled intelligently.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just watch American Sniper.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sigma-X posted:

I will never understand why people hate The Punisher as a comic book character. Like, his vigilantism is SUPER BAD and we should hate him because in real life it would be loving terrible, meanwhile some loving dude in a cape gets the city wrecked every other week and everyone is like "he's so cool because he never kills anyone (except for all those people underneath him) but if that happened even once it would be full out nuclear war on that guy because every battle would be a 9/11 sized tragedy at best and would make Katrina look like it was handled intelligently.

The dudes in capes normally don't kill people as a side effect of their day to day fights. While this is a writing convention and a handwave, it's well-established. Superman et al aren't generally killing people as a side effect- and when that does happen, it's a huge deal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A big part of MAX is how absolutely, fundamentally broken Frank is. Ennis doesn't glorify or white wash him at all

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Max 2.0 maybe, but that first run had poo poo like Wolverine getting shot in the dick and torturing Daredevil to prove that superheroes are sanctimonious assholes. Fun fact that Daredevil issue is going to be a part of the next Netflix season.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh ok, I only read the non-cape stuff, didn't know there was another series

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can we just not do this? I feel like every discussion of the Punisher goes in circles.

Spider-Man 2099 #7: Spidey 2099 and his pal Lady Spider are getting chased by Daemos, part of a family of vampire-people who kill/eat Spider-Men/Women. So they get some help from someone who lives nearby ON THE EDGE.

Whoops I guess I didn't stop talking about the Punisher at all! :v:

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 3, 2020

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
:argh: As annoying as the usual "titanium weapon" line is, it's especially bad for a club because the main benefit of titanium is that it's super light.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

darthbob88 posted:

:argh: As annoying as the usual "titanium weapon" line is, it's especially bad for a club because the main benefit of titanium is that it's super light.

That's why in the year 2078, scientists changed Titanium to make it super heavy.

For fans of characters who are 36 calibre years old, check out the current Contest of Champions mini.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

So being wreathed in plasma has no effect, but getting hit by a baseball bat equals major ouchies. So, clearly, Morlun is elementally weak to baseball, which means there's only one way to stop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When will we be free of these stupid vampires.